When Football Changed Forever

I wonder whether the programme will subscribe to my theory that Sky Sports played the biggest part in dividing the game we love into the haves and have nots. I tried to explain it to a Virgin Media sales Bod in the Philippines but it flew over her head as my theory was not on her script. Even though she was offering Sky Sports for a pittance I told her that even if it was only one penny for a year I would refuse. She still didn’t have a clue about my refusal and went on to talk about a film package and Sky Atlantic!
The sackful of riches that Sky offered when the PL was formed was obscene and clubs like ours suffered and will never recover. Meanwhile the gap gets wider and wider and without JB we would be sunk. COYL
You are absolutely right. The product, to use consumer terms, is completely uncompetitive. The gap between rich and poor clubs means that the premier league is predictable in terms of eventual league positions and clubs outside, like us, have absolutely no chance of establishing ourselves in it. This feeling is widespread in Europe too. No European league can compete financially with the Premier league which is one reason why prestigious European clubs are still determined to create a Super league to guarantee their own future survival.

The same has happened to cricket which is now a minority sport to such an extent that they’ve had to invent a baseball version called The Hundred.

There were fences mate.
There were 5 of us and I would guess that we were among the last 500 outside and we were all afraid of being locked out, I would say everyone eventually got in.
We squeezed down onto the terrace when old Connie who was tough as shit became afraid of the situation and worked his way back off the terrace and went and sat in my car.
It soon became apparent that those at the front were in panic and the Police refused to open the gates and release the pressure and the fans began climbing the fences and one pitchside gate was now open and it was a stampede to get through the gate and exit the crush, is there any wonder that those fans were now attacking the police.
Thatcher wanted the blame shifted away from the owner of Luton who was one of her close pals and should have been banged up for endangering life.

There were 5 of us and I would guess that we were among the last 500 outside and we were all afraid of being locked out, I would say everyone eventually got in.
We squeezed down onto the terrace when old Connie who was tough as shit became afraid of the situation and worked his way back off the terrace and went and sat in my car.It's been said many times that
It soon became apparent that those at the front were in panic and the Police refused to open the gates and release the pressure and the fans began climbing the fences and one pitchside gate was now open and it was a stampede to get through the gate and exit the crush, is there any wonder that those fans were now attacking the police.
Thatcher wanted the blame shifted away from the owner of Luton who was one of her close pals and should have been banged up for endangering life.
It's been said many times that, that evening could have been our Hillsborough. And, you are correct, bods climbed the fences cause the dog OB wouldn't open the gates to help alleviate the crush.

It's been said many times that, that evening could have been our Hillsborough. And, you are correct, bods climbed the fences cause the dog OB wouldn't open the gates to help alleviate the crush.
The proverbial pint into a half pint pot.
The cunts at Luton, OB and Club, never cop any of the blame attached. But then it was us involved. Just glad I managed to keep my old man safe, otherwise some cunt would have copped it.

The proverbial pint into a half pint pot.
The cunts at Luton, OB and Club, never cop any of the blame attached. But then it was us involved. Just glad I managed to keep my old man safe, otherwise some cunt would have copped it.
Watford said that match would have been all ticket if they had beaten Luton in the previous round. Luton couldn’t be arsed to do the necessary work.
Criminal negligence, in my view.

Watford said that match would have been all ticket if they had beaten Luton in the previous round. Luton couldn’t be arsed to do the necessary work.
Criminal negligence, in my view.
Worse than that in my opinion mate. I reckon that slimey cunt David Evans knew exactly what would happen and knew it would give Thatcher the green light for away bans, memberships and dragging us through the shit again.

It worked like a dream, fucking horrible night. The only place I've never been back to and never will

Worse than that in my opinion mate. I reckon that slimey cunt David Evans knew exactly what would happen and knew it would give Thatcher the green light for away bans, memberships and dragging us through the shit again.

It worked like a dream, fucking horrible night. The only place I've never been back to and never will
You could well be right.
He was one slimy piece of shit who was so far up Thatcher’s arse you couldn’t see his head most of the time.

We squeezed down onto the terrace when old Connie who was tough as shit became afraid of the situation and worked his way back off the terrace and went and sat in my car.
Turnstile operators had f@@@ed off we climbed in for free ir was proper dangerous. Very lucky that it ended with a riot rather than fatalities. Evans was a horrible greedy c@@@ could easily have made it all ticket as Watford had planned to do

I am just glad none of our fans got crushed and killed.
There might have been one if I hadn't helped her.
I had already ducked under 1 crash barrier having to push against it with my arms to push the crowd behind me back to enable me to do so.
I then came to the next barrier and did the same, the only difference was there was a young girl stuck on the barrier and she couldn't move. I grabbed her and pushed her under the barrier.
I always wonder what if I hadn't. Thank God I did.

I don't think anyone outside our club ever got to grips with what was going on, on that terrace. I started out just in front of the steps leading up to the terracing and ended up near to the front....was very fortunate imho that being ' of small build, i got popped out of the crush towards to r/h side. People crying out for the authorities to do something to alleviate the crush...all generally ignored. As someone said it was Hillsborough waiting to happen

Sheri

Sheringham didn’t play in the World Cup when he was still at Millwall, keep up

Thought it included ex-players. If rules were set out clearly on here then I’d have known that and Wippa wouldn’t rage about duplicate threads*