When Football Changed Forever

onlyagame

Channel 4 at 9.00 pm tonight (warning, John Barnes features in it!)
The first episode starts with hooliganism in the 70/80’s I wonder if we get a mention :unsure:
Pub Quiz: How many Millwall players (while at the club) have played in a World Cup Final tournament (not the qualifying bit)
P.s. I’ve no idea of the answer

I wonder whether the programme will subscribe to my theory that Sky Sports played the biggest part in dividing the game we love into the haves and have nots. I tried to explain it to a Virgin Media sales Bod in the Philippines but it flew over her head as my theory was not on her script. Even though she was offering Sky Sports for a pittance I told her that even if it was only one penny for a year I would refuse. She still didn’t have a clue about my refusal and went on to talk about a film package and Sky Atlantic!
The sackful of riches that Sky offered when the PL was formed was obscene and clubs like ours suffered and will never recover. Meanwhile the gap gets wider and wider and without JB we would be sunk. COYL

A few mentions of us as we were all expecting , and that undercover ............... add your own word ha
Brought memories back for me as two of the games mentioned i was at Ireland game in Sardinia, my first England away and of course Luton
Different times for sure

Anyone watching the next programme that followed it , Trix worrel i caught New cross boy went to the same school as him talking on it

Brought memories back for me as two of the games mentioned i was at Ireland game in Sardinia,
Me too , being half Irish and having spent the previous 6 mths in Ireland I had a ticket for the Ireland end I bought in Dublin,was so happy when a bird (Irish)I shagged in the campsite we were in also swapped her ticket she had for the England end with me , wanted a score draw up until jug ears scored but was happy with the draw in the end , the march from the train station to the ground was amazing all the flags , the Dutch game was more fun though 😀