What makes us so special

So true mate. Going through very tough stuff in my personal life at the moment and it's at times like this that I feel particularly close to my Millwall family. No need for detail. I just know you are always there for me through thick and thin.
Absolutely mate and don’t hesitate to ask. It’s a strength to admit fallibility not a weakness. Be assured that anyone of us or collectively will be there for you or anyone else for that matter. As you know we always but always look after our own. That is a given part of our unique identity. Cheers mate. 😉

It’s the underdog thing- as a club, we’ve never been at the top table, other a brief spell in 88, but that doesn’t matter. Our nickname, The Lions, comes from early football history- upsetting the apple cart in the FA Cup. Our motto, we fear no foe. Even no one likes us, we don’t care. All of these come from the spirit of the fans and what we expect from the team.

As fans, most of us support the club because of generations of family. The area has always required a mental, if not physical toughness. Equally, a generous nature in terms of looking after your own and others that deserve it- for my mum’s generation growing up, extended family lived less than ten miles to one another.. Often you will see reference to Millwall being a family (take KJ’s book for an example). I think the only reason we are a special club is because of the fans, our mentality of not giving a shit unless it really matters. I also think the club now embraces that a lot better than it used to (despite the surveillance in the ground now).

As you go through life you make friends who come and go but the friends I have made at Millwall stay with you for life most of the crowd I go with I've known for over 40 years, others at least 20 years, when I moved up North 22 years ago I was told if ever I had any hassle from any northerners to let them know and they'd be straight up the M1 to sort it!!, a unbreakable bond and loyalty that can't be broken.

As you go through life you make friends who come and go but the friends I have made at Millwall stay with you for life most of the crowd I go with I've known for over 40 years, others at least 20 years, when I moved up North 22 years ago I was told if ever I had any hassle from any northerners to let them know and they'd be straight up the M1 to sort it!!, a unbreakable bond and loyalty that can't be broken.
Agree with every thing you say Ringo, i've got mates where i live but they have never been into football like i use to be,still keep in contact with my Millwall mates who i have known for 40 + years always had your back even when outnumbered, now it's just a meet up a few beers and talking about the good old days..

Absolutely mate and don’t hesitate to ask. It’s a strength to admit fallibility not a weakness. Be assured that anyone of us or collectively will be there for you or anyone else for that matter. As you know we always but always look after our own. That is a given part of our unique identity. Cheers mate. 😉
❤️ God bless you for that.

As I look at it if Hitler couldn't knock seven colours out of us nor his Luftwaffe scare us then there is some u ique gene we have .
Ran up the floodlights from Millwall when I was 14. Never taken a backward step in the whole time I've followed Millwall. It's infectious🦁

Agree with the majority of sentiments here and the fact we have had our knockers in the media, oppo supporters etc, but it's stories like the west ham fan Isla caton who died of cancer where we paid tribute, that says we are a genuine bunch.
Even though I don't live in England anymore, my son is there to carry it all on and he is no different to any of us.

Top bunch and couldn't think of ever supporting another club.