Wallace off to WBA!

What reception will he get when we play them?
Nothing from me, glad he's gone. No doubt he'll get the odd boo and swearword but we're generally good when it comes to former players. It will be telling, many think it's the clubs fault he's left, if he does get it n the neck it would suggest that bods think he's been a bit of a cunt.

Last edited:
Mowatt, Molumby, Swift and Jed are all players that I would want at Millwall so WBA have some good players and should be fighting for promotion next season. Don’t think they will tho as I don’t rate Bruce as a manager. He will probably be sacked by Xmas and a new manager will get the hump and see Jed trying to play winger, centre forward, number 10 and holding midfielder all in the first half of a game as a liability and bench him. Don’t think we will get him back on loan in January but should be back with us the following season. :)
WBA have signed some decent quality players no doubt. That's what parachute money does. Bruce has a poor reputation, and unless he can disprove this by Xmas break, he will probably be gone. Sorry Jed I think you could have done better for yourself. WBA away could be fun!

Can't blame him if he has been offered double bubble - that's a pretty big deal for a player in the latter stages of his career. Always gave everything for us, but quite encouraged now he has finally gone as a few times last season when I saw us play without him I thought we actually looked for more options and often created more... I think in the end we were a bit of a victim of Jed's success as we were very one dimensional with him in the side sometimes.
Let's move onwards and upwards. Good luck Jed but certainly not against us.

So it wasn’t all about playing in the Prem, after all, was it Jed!

Did you sign for WBA just because they were offering you twice as much as we did (£40,000?) and because no other Prem club were interested in you?

I guess the answer to that is a resounding ‘yes!’
Offering 20k pw was always pissing in the wind unless we offered him £1m signing fee on top.

I have to look at this as if it were a new signing.

If Jed was at another club, in his prime years aged 28 with 38 goals, 41 assists in the Championship over the last 5 seasons, we wouldn't be able to get a sniff of his signature.

What would we realistically want to throw at someone like that if he wasn't already our player? £2-3m, £25-30k pw, 3 year deal? Instead we've offered him less than what we were paying Afobe last season. We've not shown him we want him enough.

we've offered him less than what we were paying Afobe last season.
We paid half of Afobes wage, around 15k i believe.

We've not shown him we want him enough.
Nor did any club! They've hardly been kicking our door down to get him at any point of his stay with us. We probably offered him what we could afford to and what FFP restraints dictate, nothing wrong with that. Nobody knows what he and the parasite agent that represents him was asking for but it won't stop the club being misrepresented and slagged off.

We paid half of Afobes wage, around 15k i believe.

Nor did any club! They've hardly been kicking our door down to get him at any point of his stay with us. We probably offered him what we could afford to and what FFP restraints dictate, nothing wrong with that. Nobody knows what he and the parasite agent that represents him was asking for but it won't stop the club being misrepresented and slagged off.
Couldn’t agree more. We knew he was going. We did look more balanced when he was out but GR needs to replace his forward thinking impetuous in the team. At least one player that can drag the game up by the scruff of the neck.