Visiting fans

When was the last time you see out lot or away bods come on and have it?

The club can't win with some. We need the extra revenue if we are to compete. Other than a bit of goading and hand signals that happen at every ground in the country i can't see what the problem is or was on Saturday. The bottom bit being used went towrds creating a better and nosier atmosphere, we're always at our best when there's a bit of an edge and someone to hate/ goad.

I do think the club should have made sure the top tier was filled before we sold tickets for the lower bit. As for the over priced beer, don't fucking buy it. If you can't go without a booze for two hours then don't go.

It's not our club but OB at certain games.

If you were away at Stoke last season or Sheffield this season you'd know why some bods can't be trusted. Out of there nuts and fighting each other in the ground, outside, on the train near kids and then out on Euston road. I hate the OB with every single bone but we don't help ourselves sometimes.

They hate us and want us dead. etc etc.
One of the conditions of having fans in the lower stand was that those tickets had to be sold first then the upper tier

Apparently they were more expensive, i didn't know that. They should've filled the top first, hindsight eh! Still, the more away fans the merrier, certainly makes for a better atmosphere.
I think it's the case of a stewarding costs etc to have any fans in the lower it more expensive to police hence the higher ticket price

Its a loss leader. Sets the bar so that we can use the lower tier should we need to. ie half decent cup game or possible doing well in the league.

With the cameras at our gaff, anyone getting on the pitch would be a mug. Anyone going on for a dance with our lot would be looking at serious consequences - a smack up the the head and then Lurch, the OB and the courts. Don't think even Leeds, Cardiff or Brum would be that stupid.

The odd loon maybe, but no way any mob would join in

Apparently they were more expensive, i didn't know that. They should've filled the top first, hindsight eh! Still, the more away fans the merrier, certainly makes for a better atmosphere.
I was chatting to one of their more sensible fans on the train to south Bermondsey Saturday and he was saying only their season ticket holder’s could buy tickets for the lower tier.

There is a shitload of clubs out there, a few of them our near neighbours, that would love what we’ve got going at Millwall. Fairly priced ST, easy for fans who can’t commit to a ST to get to the odd home game, accessible for youngsters to go with their mates, decent atmosphere, proper fans, players that actually give a fuck and above all competitive championship football. Give me a day like Saturday over any Palace type premiership bollocks any time.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

When was the last time you see out lot or away bods come on and have it?

The club can't win with some. We need the extra revenue if we are to compete. Other than a bit of goading and hand signals that happen at every ground in the country i can't see what the problem is or was on Saturday. The bottom bit being used went towrds creating a better and nosier atmosphere, we're always at our best when there's a bit of an edge and someone to hate/ goad.

I do think the club should have made sure the top tier was filled before we sold tickets for the lower bit. As for the over priced beer, don't fucking buy it. If you can't go without a booze for two hours then don't go.

It's not our club but OB at certain games.

If you were away at Stoke last season or Sheffield this season you'd know why some bods can't be trusted. Out of there nuts and fighting each other in the ground, outside, on the train near kids and then out on Euston road. I hate the OB with every single bone but we don't help ourselves sometimes.

They hate us and want us dead. etc etc.
Any concrete proof of that? If that's the case why did they generously freeze season ticket prices to entice us to turn up? They're not going about getting rid of us properly, are they.
Spot on. Every word

I can’t see any opposition fans getting on the pitch….West H*m couldn’t climb over a piece of tarpoulin when they last played at the Den.

The only time I can remember opposition supporters being on our pitch was when Swansea got chased out of the CBL, and then got attacked from the seats.
think thats the year thier bus came on the island by mistake and headed fgr millwall lol,then they went to south eaast london, got pointed to the cbl and got done.

Give them the upper and if they sell them open up the lower.
Makes financial sense. If they badly misbehave just limit them in future as a punishment. As said above you would be nuts to cause aggro with all the cameras these days.

I for one welcome it and hope that it increases the atmosphere against the teams that bring a good following. Don’t give a flying fck about an invasion. If an away team is brave enough to invade the Den - good luck.

Let’s face it, we don’t invade away teams and we’ve got a fair number that would if need be, so why the fck would another team invade us. It’s all a load of bollx.

Swansea 1st game of the season was very funny seeing them run out the cbl attacked along the seats then just when they thought it safe a mob came out of the ilderton, no one died, papers put us top of the league for trouble

Swansea 1st game of the season was very funny seeing them run out the cbl attacked along the seats then just when they thought it safe a mob came out of the ilderton, no one died, papers put us top of the league for trouble
Read somewhere that one of them died a couple of days later from a brain haemorrhage.

I was stood avin a beer on the halfway got great veiw of the taffs getting a raggin
Two boggies behind us laffed and said they won’t come again

Any concrete proof of that? If that's the case why did they generously freeze season ticket prices to entice us to turn up? They're not going about getting rid of us properly, are they.
They actually announced the freezing of season ticket prices while we were still in the shake up for a play off place as well

As someone who'd give anything to be able to get to every home game, from an "outsider's" point of view, I think the club do a half decent job, juggling what has to be a viable business with keeping the majority of supporters happy-ISH with the match day experience.
It would be great if visiting supporters could fill the upper and lower every game, if only for the noise and atmosphere, but would that number of supporters travel to the Den to watch their team against us?
I'm maybe way off the mark here, but I think the days of scenes of mayhem and carnage inside grounds are probably consigned to history, but to keep their revenue coming in, the ob may well over exaggerate their risk assessment of certain games to justify their numbers in attendance. It's been said that the New Den is one of the safest grounds to visit as a genuine away supporter. Obviously any mobs coming looking for a genuine meet are going to be welcomed somewhere else in the locality, so would it be correct to say we're over policed?
I get the point about the license to sell alcohol at the Millwall cafe, and from the club's point of view, it would impact their profits from sales on match days, but the excuses given don't make sense. I don't really mind the pissy beer on offer, as if I want a pint or 2 at the game, it's more money for the club and as Tesco says, every little helps.
It’s shit beer, Ill booze b4

Wippa is right. A Swansea lad died a couple of days later. If memory serves me right, his head had swollen massively as they travelled back home.

I can’t see any opposition fans getting on the pitch….West H*m couldn’t climb over a piece of tarpoulin when they last played at the Den.

The only time I can remember opposition supporters being on our pitch was when Swansea got chased out of the CBL, and then got attacked from the seats.
I remember the scousers had a little incursion in that League cup game a few years ago.
They seemed to suffer a famous scouse sense of humour failure and got rather upset with some cheeky comments from ours in the West lower. Several of them jumped onto the pitch and started to approach said West lower. They got within about 20 yards of our lot, and when they could clearly see who they were advancing on, they hit this kind of invisible forcefield that stopped them in their tracks. One by one they turned tail and slithered back into the North stand.
That's how I remember it anyway.
It was actually really quite amusing.