Visiting fans

Phlion54

How long before we have a pitch invasion with the other fans occupying the lower stand in the away end, against the nerds Coventry it needed a platoon of riot police in the corner what happens when a tidy club gets the lower stand , has the board & Kav really thought about this and letting it be potd for them ( why does the club / old bill object to us on away days) or is it they think they like to control the millwall fans ,seems it's one rule for us the rest can do as they please....about time we were treated in the same manner at away games as we treat their supporters but will the board & kav agree ....I think not , prime example is the pop.up bad the cafe wanted to run on match days , everyone put in objections but what do millwall do ....build a new bar selling overpriced beer next to the main gates which made a mockery of their reasons to decline a licence ...Kav & co don t give a shit about the fans

Yes it could be a problem but the club need the revenue. I noticed the old bill walked past the away end at the start of the second half, probably on purpose, just to remind the Coventry fans they were there. You don’t need many police dogs to clear a pitch, if we are paying plod then let them sort it out

To be fair we don’t invade away pitches when given the bottom tier or whole stand ,alright there’s exceptions across the river but don’t remember us doing it lately even at palace or charlton let alone Coventry so why would anyone do it here
Barring the likes of Cardiff brum or leeds who wouldn’t be given the lower anyway ,Norwich will fill it as I’m sure the likes of Sunderland watford or wba will without encroaching the pitch
Just needs to be stewarded better ,we’ll done the club for getting one over on the OB for once

How long before we have a pitch invasion with the other fans occupying the lower stand in the away end, against the nerds Coventry it needed a platoon of riot police in the corner what happens when a tidy club gets the lower stand , has the board & Kav really thought about this and letting it be potd for them ( why does the club / old bill object to us on away days) or is it they think they like to control the millwall fans ,seems it's one rule for us the rest can do as they please....about time we were treated in the same manner at away games as we treat their supporters but will the board & kav agree ....I think not , prime example is the pop.up bad the cafe wanted to run on match days , everyone put in objections but what do millwall do ....build a new bar selling overpriced beer next to the main gates which made a mockery of their reasons to decline a licence ...Kav & co don t give a shit about the fans
have you only just realised this? Our 'Management' virtually detest us.supporters. We are regarded as a ' problem ' to be managed. Nothing more. Every point you made is true, but without any real Millwall DNA in the boardroom we can expect little change. Look at the state Man U are in, if you are in any doubt.
Thankfully, this Forum gives us a voice to express these home truths.

Let's face it its only a matter of time before some fans will get on the pitch giving it the big un before being ushered back then they will be claiming a result ..

How long before we have a pitch invasion with the other fans occupying the lower stand in the away end,
When was the last time you see out lot or away bods come on and have it?

The club can't win with some. We need the extra revenue if we are to compete. Other than a bit of goading and hand signals that happen at every ground in the country i can't see what the problem is or was on Saturday. The bottom bit being used went towrds creating a better and nosier atmosphere, we're always at our best when there's a bit of an edge and someone to hate/ goad.

I do think the club should have made sure the top tier was filled before we sold tickets for the lower bit. As for the over priced beer, don't fucking buy it. If you can't go without a booze for two hours then don't go.
and letting it be potd for them ( why does the club / old bill object to us on away days)
It's not our club but OB at certain games.
about time we were treated in the same manner at away games as we treat their supporters but will the board & kav agree ....
If you were away at Stoke last season or Sheffield this season you'd know why some bods can't be trusted. Out of there nuts and fighting each other in the ground, outside, on the train near kids and then out on Euston road. I hate the OB with every single bone but we don't help ourselves sometimes.
.Kav & co don t give a shit about the fans
They hate us and want us dead. etc etc.

Last edited:
They should gather these old veterans and have a march around the pitch on every anniversary.
Sadly, he's no longer with us, but i've done my very best to follow in his footsteps :grinning:

remember the Swansea group that finally made it back to the away end sitting on the terrace looking absolutely shell shocked.
Thought they was sweet and safe heading back for a hero's welcome, one slight thing they overlooked!

Can’t moan about Rowett, Evans, Afobe, McNamaras contract, the club shop or catering for the next 24 hours at least so fuck it, let’s start a thread slagging off the club another way.

There is a shitload of clubs out there, a few of them our near neighbours, that would love what we’ve got going at Millwall. Fairly priced ST, easy for fans who can’t commit to a ST to get to the odd home game, accessible for youngsters to go with their mates, decent atmosphere, proper fans, players that actually give a fuck and above all competitive championship football. Give me a day like Saturday over any Palace type premiership bollocks any time.

Can’t moan about Rowett, Evans, Afobe, McNamaras contract, the club shop or catering for the next 24 hours at least so fuck it, let’s start a thread slagging off the club another way.
Indeed. You wouldn't mind if there was something constructive or true in the rants, same old tripe without substance rolled out about the club hating us. Kavanagh, like him or not defended us and the club over the knee bollox. He's also managed to convince the OB to let us open the lower tier.

Ticket prices frozen, transfer record smashed, facilities for all the family pre match outside, best attendnaces for over thirty year, an established championship team. All done by a board that hate us and want rid.

:silly:

Re the “if you can’t go without a beer for two hours”
For reasons that don’t really matter I got to the ground ten minutes before half time, bought a beer from the Blue Bus, sat down and listened to the game via the app. Five minutes later (with the game still going on) the stewards opened the gate as normal, cue a mass exodus of over a hundred people that looked a bit like the Harrods sale in reverse!
Whether they all wanted a beer or a fag (it certainly wasn’t the German sausages) I don’t know, but put it this way, they couldn’t wait two hours

we have a under belly of fans that only know to slag the club off every chance they get its always been the same even if we were top at 4.45 they would still find something same with players always one who gets singled out
i get if you paid you money you have a say but if its that bad and you are so unhappy with things why go you can just stay at home if it makes you that upset
i been going all my life good and bad its like family to me no way would i slag of our club for no good reason

I noticed the old bill walked past the away end at the start of the second half,
They headed for the east upper where our youngens frequent in the corner. The OB formed a human shield between them and the away end, twenty yards away! Foolishly, our youngens had all left their pilot licenses, jet packs and parachutes at home other wise it would have been carnage. They won't make the mistake twice. NTMIK. Harris out.

There is a shitload of clubs out there, a few of them our near neighbours, that would love what we’ve got going at Millwall. Fairly priced ST, easy for fans who can’t commit to a ST to get to the odd home game, accessible for youngsters to go with their mates, decent atmosphere, proper fans, players that actually give a fuck and above all competitive championship football. Give me a day like Saturday over any Palace type premiership bollocks any time.
As someone who'd give anything to be able to get to every home game, from an "outsider's" point of view, I think the club do a half decent job, juggling what has to be a viable business with keeping the majority of supporters happy-ISH with the match day experience.
It would be great if visiting supporters could fill the upper and lower every game, if only for the noise and atmosphere, but would that number of supporters travel to the Den to watch their team against us?
I'm maybe way off the mark here, but I think the days of scenes of mayhem and carnage inside grounds are probably consigned to history, but to keep their revenue coming in, the ob may well over exaggerate their risk assessment of certain games to justify their numbers in attendance. It's been said that the New Den is one of the safest grounds to visit as a genuine away supporter. Obviously any mobs coming looking for a genuine meet are going to be welcomed somewhere else in the locality, so would it be correct to say we're over policed?
I get the point about the license to sell alcohol at the Millwall cafe, and from the club's point of view, it would impact their profits from sales on match days, but the excuses given don't make sense. I don't really mind the pissy beer on offer, as if I want a pint or 2 at the game, it's more money for the club and as Tesco says, every little helps.

Staff online

Members online