Unrelated but heartwarming millwall fan recognition appeal

RIP Tony

You obviously had a close relationship with your granddad and you’ve given him a fitting tribute on this site. He saw the high and lows following Millwall and he has shared that with you.

I‘m a Millwall supporter because of my granddad. I can remember going to watch Millwall away at Selhurst Park in the mid 70s with him when I was very young. Unfortunately, that was the only game I got to watch with him as he died a few months later. I had emotional moments up at Hull and Old Trafford when we realised life long dreams.

Our granddads were from the golden generation of Millwall supporters who will never be equalled.

my grandad owned this account, this won’t get responses but i was born 5 years before this account was made and I still remember 14 years nearly 15 years his details for this website - i don’t want sympathy but just some recognition and appreciation for my diehard millwall supporter since 1951, ten years after he was born. i remember all his stories and it devastated me when he passed, 70 years supporting this club so any game you attend or listen too please think of him because he wasn’t appreciated enough by anyone but me when he was poorly and i wish i thought of this before he passed just to see the look on his face hearing a game from his home team , he was always happy even if we lost - too my grandad tony the biggest millwall fan I think I’ll ever meet <3
just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who responded about my beloved grandad - im going to try and get him added to the remembrance wall asap. i hope hes proud im living his legacy on for him

Well done grandad. One of the few. My dad managed 91 years. First went at 7, and passed over at 98. Send him off with his scarf round his neck and a programme in his hands. He’ll be a very happy Grandad.
Wow that’s incredible mate! The epitome of ‘Loud ‘n Proud’ with emphasis on the latter. 🦁👍

just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who responded about my beloved grandad - im going to try and get him added to the remembrance wall asap. i hope hes proud im living his legacy on for him
RIP to you Grandad Tony and know you’ll always be with your second family.
1685870383440.jpeg