'Ultimate Sacrifice'

STWall

Another vets fundraiser đź‘Ť

On the 1st November 2021, Brian Wood will pay tribute to our fallen from the Iraq and Afghanistan conflict by starting his Ultimate Sacrifice Challenge pledging to run a minimum of 26 miles per day for 25 days dedicating every mile to our fallen comrades, totalling 635 miles.

Brian will be starting each day from a different military barracks raising money for Walking With The Wounded.

Brian Wood MC said: “After watching everything unfold in Afghanistan recently I wanted to shift the narrative and personally do something positive. I decided that I wanted to pay tribute to everyone who sadly lost their lives during the Iraq & Afghanistan campaign. In 2004 I was burial party for Christopher Rayment & Lee O'Callaghan, seeing the Union Jack flag being folded into triangles and being passed to the families is something that will stay with me forever. “

You can follow Brian’s progress on Instagram @brianwoodmc and sponsor him, here.

Brian was awarded the Military Cross for gallantry in combat for courageous leadership in Iraq but was later summoned for unfound war crimes which eventually led to full vindication. His story is now the subject of a BBC2 film, Danny Boy, and he has been open about his struggles with PTSD and anxiety while also supporting Walking With The Wounded’s mental health programmes to help others.