Ulster Lion, Saxon Lion, Obeney and those past and present lions who served us N/W

Most if not all came back to the pub (as they always do) all were shown so much respect, to a man everyone of them said they have never received so much love/ respect (their words) some had done many other grounds and said we were way above anything they'd experienced, couple said they were embarrassed by the response they got (everyone shaking their hands, buying them drinks etc) all said they'd come back or at least look out for our result in future (disappointment coming their way) some were down Friday and taken out by some locals 👍 also said the club had treated them better than any other they'd been to👏
I'm presuming you were in the Stanley, as I was. Met a serviceman from Hull and one from Liverpool, said all what you just have. They are talking about organising something to pay their respect to us all.
They didn't have to pay for any drinks in the exec club either. A brilliant gesture from the club too.

I'm presuming you were in the Stanley, as I was. Met a serviceman from Hull and one from Liverpool, said all what you just have. They are talking about organising something to pay their respect to us all.
They didn't have to pay for any drinks in the exec club either. A brilliant gesture from the club too.
Yes in the stanley, the scouse one couldn't pay us enough compliments, loved how he was treated, think he was one of the lot who were taken out Friday night, absolutely loved his weekend

I'm not British so I'm in a different position on this to nearly everyone else here. However, I will say that I have every respect for the above mentioned men who have done a very important but very dangerous job and have put their lives on the line for their country for not enough reward.
Plenty of Irish volunteers, my old man had a Irish kid alongside him and he used to get the biggest food parcels sent from his family back home and the old man said he never had a greedy bone in his body and shared his parcel.
The only tear my old man ever shed was for the Irish lad who got picked off by a sniper after the ceasefire pulling out of Italy, dad said he was like losing a young brother.

Plenty of Irish volunteers, my old man had a Irish kid alongside him and he used to get the biggest food parcels sent from his family back home and the old man said he never had a greedy bone in his body and shared his parcel.
The only tear my old man ever shed was for the Irish lad who got picked off by a sniper after the ceasefire pulling out of Italy, dad said he was like losing a young brother.
That's often forgotten here. The last few years over here we've been going through the anniversary of the 1916 Rising and all the events following that. What you rarely hear though is that far more Irish fought in WW1 than were involved in the Rising and the years of violence that followed. And, as you say, many Irish volunteered in WW2 and continue to join up even today.
Sad story about that young lad and I suppose it's stories like that that tell you what Remembrance is all about - all those brave men who fought but didn't come home.

That's often forgotten here. The last few years over here we've been going through the anniversary of the 1916 Rising and all the events following that. What you rarely hear though is that far more Irish fought in WW1 than were involved in the Rising and the years of violence that followed. And, as you say, many Irish volunteered in WW2 and continue to join up even today.
Sad story about that young lad and I suppose it's stories like that that tell you what Remembrance is all about - all those brave men who fought but didn't come home.
Only have to look into the history of the Irish Divisions to realise just how many lads, north and south, put their own personal beliefs aside, and signed up to fight.