True or false ?

superlion

A couple of qpr work colleagues (can't call them mates supporting that lot) tell me that we once got a good kicking at aldershot back inthe 70s and 80s when we was at our prime , and all of our top boys attacked the wrong pub, and attacked a pub full of squaddies and badly come unstuck can't seem to find anything about this on the forums or net .anybody know if this true or anorther one of these made up stories.

My memory tells me about a pre season friendly against Aldershot. Think it was Tim Cahills last appearance for us, and Baz Savage led the line (badly).
They had high betting behind one goal. To stop the ball leaving the site.
Think we lost the game. All a bit hazy now. Can't remember the year.

My memory tells me about a pre season friendly against Aldershot. Think it was Tim Cahills last appearance for us, and Baz Savage led the line (badly).
They had high betting behind one goal. To stop the ball leaving the site.
Think we lost the game. All a bit hazy now. Can't remember the year.
Think I went to that one.

So was I.
So was I.

I remember having a drink in a pub after the game. Stayed too long and missed the train. Had to wait for the last train to Waterloo. The station was empty until the Millwall lads who had been nicked came in making a racquet.
Everyone went quite when this giant MP appeared waving his baton about.

So was I.

I remember having a drink in a pub after the game. Stayed too long and missed the train. Had to wait for the last train to Waterloo. The station was empty until the Millwall lads who had been nicked came in making a racquet.
Everyone went quite when this giant MP appeared waving his baton about.

"giant MP appeared waving his baton about?"

Was it Cyril Smith, trying to entice young boys back to his hotel room?

:grinning: