Train strikes due tomorrow cancelled 5 November

BigPaul

Maybe some who were not going to be able to watch us against Hull will be able to go?
Services will still be disrupted due to short notice.

That's good of them after people have cancelled plans and got refunds on tickets for travel and events.

:slap:

Reckon it will still be a pain in the Aris/ impossible for anyone having to do a long journey.

"The very late notice means that services for tomorrow cannot be reinstated and will remain extremely limited, and while we, and our train company partners, will work without pause over the weekend, there will be limited ability to change the 'strike timetable' for Monday.”

I think this is a PR stunt by the unions to make them look good in public. What is the actual point of calling off a strike on Friday evening? Rotas have been changed or scrapped, trains not in the correct places.

No doubt there will be a shortage of staff, they have probably made plans thinking they would be striking

Reckon it will still be a pain in the Aris/ impossible for anyone having to do a long journey.

"The very late notice means that services for tomorrow cannot be reinstated and will remain extremely limited, and while we, and our train company partners, will work without pause over the weekend, there will be limited ability to change the 'strike timetable' for Monday.”

I think this is a PR stunt by the unions to make them look good in public. What is the actual point of calling off a strike on Friday evening? Rotas have been changed or scrapped, trains not in the correct places.
I.m sure I read last week that the train strike by its members was cancelled due to poppy day collections at the stations and the amount of money they collect ,

South Eastern Trains apparently running a good service out of London Bridge and Victoria.
The rest of them are basically still on strike, but getting paid for it, although they've called it off.
Very helpful.

Members online