This stage last season

He can try but the person tha can get a player to put a shift in every game is the player himself, to get all eleven to do that is avery dificult ask no matter the club. On top of that, when the manager and team are being cunted before and during the game as they were today, it's atall order to expect what you rightly desire.

I see a few screenshots earlier from social media, negative and nasty stuff directed at the players, every day of the week that happens yet the same idiots expect a performance. It's sad and works against us when the players are seeing that. Would personally ban them from social media whilst at the club, but don't think it's possible or reasonable to ask or expect that.

They're young men with a lot of down time once trainingis over by midday, i pressume they spend a lot of time on social media and see everything aimed at them. As a fanbase sometimes we don't help ourselves, which is daft when we want the best from the players. Same in the ground, was in the west lower for the Barnsley game, throughout the game a few bods just stood and abused our subs that were warming up. Burey was visibly shocked when Evans was getting it, personal stuff too, wife stuff, etc. That must affect them or at minimum make them think why should i bother.
On your first paragraph, it’s a bit of a vicious circle really, whereby if Rowett and AB can improve the team’s all round playing performance, then the supporters will be less likely to get on the players backs as often as they do! How many times do we see a promising forward move break down because someone hasn’t moved into a space to receive the next pass, and the player with the ball has to then either pass sideways to another midfielder, or back to a defender or the goalkeeper?

When that happens, it’s natural for supporters at the Den to get annoyed and frustrated (even if some don’t vocally and loudly cunt the players off for it), it’s just human nature because all supporters want to see is their team playing better football, regardless of whether we’re playing in the Prem or down in league 2!

Of course not every forward move is going to be successful, but we do seem to be seeing too much of this nervous, defensive football, because in some instances, the players are frightened to put a foot wrong, 1) for fear of making a mistake and 2) fear of what the players hear from the terraces (as you so rightly pointed out in your other two paragraphs!)

We have the players who could, with the right training, be a lot better than they currently are! Our supporters know this, because they’ve seen flashes of it when, in the odd game, we‘ve taken a team apart, winning 3-0 or 4-1, because on the day everything just clicked! Now, that can’t happen every game, but I’ve never bought into this belief that our players can only be as good as the price tag we’ve paid for them! Surely, nearly all players, given the right coaching, can be improved to a certain degree, no? If they can’t then it’s only natural that supporters will question why the management team can’t do this!

With regards to your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, I agree with you 100%, and I have to confess it’s not something I’ve stopped to consider before. I’ve said previously that cunting your own players off at games is counterproductive and wrong, but if we want supporters to improve their thinking at games, don’t we also have a right as paying customers to see improved, joined up football?

He can try but the person tha can get a player to put a shift in every game is the player himself, to get all eleven to do that is avery dificult ask no matter the club. On top of that, when the manager and team are being cunted before and during the game as they were today, it's atall order to expect what you rightly desire.

I see a few screenshots earlier from social media, negative and nasty stuff directed at the players, every day of the week that happens yet the same idiots expect a performance. It's sad and works against us when the players are seeing that. Would personally ban them from social media whilst at the club, but don't think it's possible or reasonable to ask or expect that.

They're young men with a lot of down time once trainingis over by midday, i pressume they spend a lot of time on social media and see everything aimed at them. As a fanbase sometimes we don't help ourselves, which is daft when we want the best from the players. Same in the ground, was in the west lower for the Barnsley game, throughout the game a few bods just stood and abused our subs that were warming up. Burey was visibly shocked when Evans was getting it, personal stuff too, wife stuff, etc. That must affect them or at minimum make them think why should i bother.
While I genuinely think our supporters are the thing that make us unique, we don't half have our fair share of total strings

Wouldn’t be the Millwall I have known and loved for the last 55 years if we played well and won every game. We’ve always played some rubbish from time to time but we (almost) always come good in the end. Yesterdays performance was a long way from being the worst I’ve ever seen and we managed to win which is a marked improvement over when we’ve played the same and rolled over

First 20 minutes yesterday, we were well on top. They had one chance and scored. Before we'd even kicked off, the CBL were singing 'Gary Rowett, your football is shit'. I'm not his biggest fan, still don't like the negative tactics, but fuck me have a word with yourselves. How do you think the players feel hearing that? They still had over an hour to play

The other thing is the Blackpool players would have loved it and it lifted them for a bit.

NTMIK
In the QPR and Reading matches we were on top for the 1st 20 minutes and, with a bit more compsure and luck, could have taken the lead. When that didn't happen the confidence drained away and we all know the outcome.

5 defeats so far to teams occupying the top 6 places. In a "normal" season we cause problems to the top teams and come unstuck against the, so called, "weaker teams". So on progress so far, GR's has addressed the latter at the expense of the former!

I thought some of our link play in the 2nd half yesterday was as good as it has been for several seasons. If that continues I can only see things improving, subject to Hutch getting back fit!

if Rowett and AB can improve the team’s all round playing performance, then the supporters will be less likely to get on the players backs as often as they do! How many times do we see a promising forward move break down because someone hasn’t moved into a space to receive the next pass, and the player with the ball has to then either pass sideways to another midfielder, or back to a defender or the goalkeeper?
This happening isn't just of late or new is it? It happens at most teams and we're no different.
When that happens, it’s natural for supporters at the Den to get annoyed and frustrated (even if some don’t vocally and loudly cunt the players off for it), it’s just human nature because all supporters want to see is their team playing better football, regardless of whether we’re playing in the Prem or down in league 2!
How is cunting the players that are warming up just human nature? How does fans slagging players on thier social media accounts fall into the category of human nature?

Of course not every forward move is going to be successful, but we do seem to be seeing too much of this nervous, defensive football, because in some instances, the players are frightened to put a foot wrong,
Exactly, you've just highlighted my point. We pay our money and we're entitled to voice our approval and angst. If someone is screaming at you at work and calling you all sorts of cunts does your work rate and respect for that person improve or do you think fuck him i can't be bothered?

We have the players who could, with the right training, be a lot better than they currently are! Our supporters know this, because they’ve seen flashes of it when, in the odd game, we‘ve taken a team apart, winning 3-0 or 4-1, because on the day everything just clicked! Now, that can’t happen every game, but I’ve never bought into this belief that our players can only be as good as the price tag we’ve paid for them! Surely, nearly all players, given the right coaching, can be improved to a certain degree, no? If they can’t then it’s only natural that supporters will question why the management team can’t do this!
I agree. Most players are at a club our size and spending power for a reason, they have flaws, the main one is consistency, if they could put it in every week then i believes that many would be playing at a higher level. Why do you think soppy bollox only left when his contract was cynically run down? If he was consistently putting in match winning performances he would have gone seasons ago, it's why Wolves fucked him off and why he eventually ended up playing at our level. Blame the management all you like but they can't make players think and make decisions once they've enter the field of play. Whilst we;re on that, i think with the right assistant and not Barratt we'd be a better side.

but if we want supporters to improve their thinking at games, don’t we also have a right as paying customers to see improved, joined up football?
Not really but i do get your point. Buying a match or season ticket is one of the biggest gambles you take, nothing is promised or guaranteed, you pay your money you accept the risks attached to it. We're fucking daft :grinning: The things you do for love eh!

Last edited:
Before we'd even kicked off, the CBL were singing 'Gary Rowett, your football is shit'.
The saddest part about that is they've nicked off it of a few poncey northern teams. We used to be tops for coming up with something original and more than not, something funny. There's a new breed of Football fan, one brought up on doses of premier football on sky, sadly. some have ended up at Wall. There's a real disconnect between the old school and modern fan at Wall, not all but many. See it more on away trips, they stick out like a sore thumb, behave like they're billy big bollox, until it comes on top, guess who has to step forward to sort it,:rolleyes:

The saddest part about that is they've nicked off it of a few poncey northern teams. We used to be tops for coming up with something original and more than not, something funny. There's a new breed of Football fan, one brought up on doses of premier football on sky, sadly. some have ended up at Wall. There's a real disconnect between the old school and modern fan at Wall, not all but many. See it more on away trips, they stick out like a sore thumb, behave like they're billy big bollox, until it comes on top, guess who has to step forward to sort it,:rolleyes:
I don't do aways anymore, but totally agree. Was a time when young 'uns looked up to the old school and earnt their stripes, now there's no respect and they want instant gratification. They live off the badge and the reputation of others and invariably embarrass themselves

I've always been pro rowett mainly due to our finishing positions.now I'm sitting on the fence however I did think he might change to a back four yesterday

Regardless of where we finish this season (I’m thinking anywhere between 7th to mid table), if the whole squad has gelled by the end of it, then maybe it’ll be next season where we could definitely grab a top 6 place?
Sorry, but here you go again. At the start of the season - all of 10 games ago - you were saying win first 3 games and we can build on that for a top 6 finish. When that doesn't happen you look to blame GR and the players for not having confidence, not being good enough, not playing the way you want etc. Now you've made yourself a hostage to fortune for next season!! You post a lot on the Spotter's thread how deluded they are but, in many ways, you're no different. You need to accept the club we are, enjoy the days we turn over teams that think they're better than us and know that, when we get knocked down, we always get back up.

iAt least on here there are some level headed match going bods who post sensible balanced views and some fairly constructed criticisms while Twitter and Facebook is full of absolute cunts who are no doubt driven by the likes of fat two faced Dan and other click hungry YouTubers/podcasters. God I’m really beginning to hate some of our ‘fans’.
I hate online grifters in general. That's why we had Einsteeins who believed they new more about Covid than fucking Cambridge virology department. Teh grift has replaced "main stream media" and it's truly worrying imo

Scott Malone tweeted something along the lines of "some positivity would be nice" and got absolutely cunted off royally by some of our so-called fans so he deleted it. I wish these people would fuck off to Palace or Charlton.

I noticed a lot of the same "fans" having a go at Malone are also advocating seriously for Rowett to be sacked in favour of Morison. They should be banned from Millwall for the rest of the season.

No mate, all my own thoughts and just pointing out some facts. I tend not to turn on our players or manager no matter what, strange way to support our wonderful club but there you go.
Excellent! It is what it is. We support them through thick and thin.
When our supporters get behind the team with our famous roar, there is no one that can come close to our crowd.
While we are going through this sticky patch, this is when GR and the TEAM, will need us most. With our help they can move up the table.
We have to make The Den as uncomfortable as possible for visiting teams, like we always have done.
COYL!