Think it’s game over for the management team.

Fitzgerald had to be called by a Spotter employee, when Danny Mac was becoming available. Told he should have a good look at him.
No surprise something very odd regards Fitzgerald staying in place for so long with such poor results?

History and timelines always provide the facts. I was told GR and Harvey (recruitment) were blindsided by the Saville deal. GR had submitted a wish list at the end of the season which included a few midfield players generals (ball players) which were being tracked and enquiries made.

As always with Millwall it’s normally one player out one player in policy or JB’s pocket as a loan to cover short term finances or gaps.

Boro were being chased for outstanding monies for the sale of Saville by Kavanagh (bean counter) to bring in funds. During this process SK & JB were made aware of personal issues with Saville and his desire to return south and that Warnock would not stand in his way. A deal was struck and GR supposedly was handed his midfield general with little or no involvement. Watch GR’s interview on the Saville signing and he states he was shocked it happened, it happened quickly and he looked forward to working with George.

Prior to this happening Leonard’s form had improved as an attacking box to box midfielder with a few goals starting to happen. GR and his back room staff wanted a midfield general (ball player) to compliment this as previously mentioned they had a few names in mind.

Saville arrives and agrees a pay cut but even after this he is the highest paid player on the books (not including loans) this puts pay to GR’s wish list and it triggers Jed and his agent to start negotiations and make demands along similar lines which the club fall short of.

I think you will find our troubles started here, ruffled many feathers and once that creeps in things start to go wrong. Smith and Pearce asked to take pay cuts, Thompson left out to dry, multiple midfielders but all too similar, ball winners but not playmakers. Saville coming in being paid the most and being complete dogshit, pre season injuries and Covid, it all adds up.

I am not defending GR’s tactics or formations at times but what I am saying is their are lots of things going on that he can and can’t control. I do think he had/has a plan to improve the football and style of play but has been forced one way or another off plan too many times

This week will prove one way or another if the manager has the backing of management, the club and manager can attract decent players either short or long term and as with Smith and Bodvarsson if a few more move on.

Talk of Warnock, Houghton, Cooper and Reid is merely just pie in the sky as we all know it would be Robbo or a Morison/Robbo combination to see us through to the end of the season and probably in the long run take us backwards.

Let GR see out the season and take stock thereafter would be the best option for all parties IMO. They say 7, days is a longtime in politics but so is football, just over two weeks ago most were saying we gave it a right go against Palace, then Forest cost us probably our two best inform players and then the worst performance of the season against the tangerines with multiple situations going on the background, player injuries, players going, supposed bids rejected and not withstanding many players out of form.

I don’t think anyone can deny that those first 30/40 minutes against Forest was some of the best football we’ve played until Bradshaw and Ojo got crocked.

Lots of moving parts to deal with but unfortunately moving or lack of is the operative word when it comes to our current midfield and general play.

We soar our own seeds but I think the most collateral damage was done last summer and we are now feeling affects, added to by numerous incidents and decisions.

COYL

A lot of sense spoken there, Leon, and easy to see how this would affect the performances of the players. Not a good sign if there's a lot of ill feeling in the camp. One of many worries would be if all of this is accurate, and I'm not doubting a word you say, it does little to attract the calibre of player we may be wanting during this transfer window, with the exception of lower league players wanting to step up to the championship.

I think Rowett’s time is up. He’s taking us nowhere. Boring, unadventurous football which you could excuse if it was producing results but it’s not so he should fuck off.
Yeah Pretty much this, been a backer of Rowett but of late we are horrendous to watch, if w'ere awful but knicking wins i'd be fine with it. it's so one demnsional never changing from this dull 5 at the back formation and playing the same nothing players week in week out.

Millwall needs to play a target man, it’s the only way for us,both Bradshaw and Afobe are not that style. The defenders are not natural ball playing types so relay on default long ball or short passes to midfield. If the opposition presses any of our play from defence and midfield the outcome is predictable.
I realise the modern method is to play the ball back , sideways etc and tap the ball in for goal.
We need to find that talisman up front that can run the channels and hold the ball up.

I‘ve already mentioned that Cooper took over Hughton’s squad BEFORE the January transfer window happened, so he didn’t have the luxury of buying in players to improve their situation. So let me spell it out to you again!

Cooper took Hughton’s players, who had no motivation, no desire, and with the same squad, got them playing a different way! They’ve shot up the league, are 7 points above US, and only 4 points off the last play off spot! Not bad for a team that, before Cooper came along, were in the relegation zone and only heading one way! So Forest’s budget, all their money, didn’t help them. Cooper did! He got them up the table before he could spend any money in the transfer window! So how the fuck can I be disingenuous and sly about these so called players who have Premier and Champions League experience, but couldn’t do the job under Hughton!
In the same way Rowett did when he took Harris’ team that were nailed on to go down, and finished 8th I think?

In the same way Rowett did when he took Harris’ team that were nailed on to go down, and finished 8th I think?
Very true, but the main point of my argument was that I believed (and still do), that Cooper is a better manager than Rowett, and if JB had sacked him and then signed Cooper when he was free (as Forest did), I think we would have done better under him this season, than we have so far under Rowett!

Once again, it’s all about opinions!

This is my son's membership but I read NSB regularly and have done for years.
I am nearly 80 and been supporting Lions since before many of your parents were in infants school. Am I being totally stupid or what? Let's just look at the line-up of injured players we have,
Ballard ... excellent defender we all love
Lenny .... strong good going forward.
Saville .... not playing at his best but can be effective when on form.
Ojo .... starting to be really effective, linking back with front
Jed ..... we all know about Jed
Bradders .... At last banging the goals in, mainly because he has someone with a brain to play with, Afobe.

Six of without doubt some of our best players.
Now look at what we have got,
DEFENCE
Can't really complain - only let one goal in saturday.
Danny coming on a bomb, still a lot to learn gives the ball away expensively at times, but we love him
MIDFIELD
Evans ...who I personally don't rate.
Kbld. ...Strong but cannot create,
Billy... who we all love and is learning all the time, strong, energetic but does not get into the box, cannot shoot and just not creative. HE and Danny definitely
will be two of our best.
Scottie .... very disappointing this season
UP FRONT
Afobe people knock him like crazy,but he is first striker we have had for ages who has A BRAIN and this is showing with Bradders and Ojo. This is why he was transferred for millions when he was young.
Nobody else at the moment.

Of course this is only my view,
GR... where the hell is he going to pick the sort of team you are asking for?
HE wants the youngsters to be developed to come like Danny, Billy and Ben ( did, but needs to move on for his own good) and not just to be disheartened. Look at Tyler, what a difference playing for Hartlepool has made. Could have kept him and maybe destroyed him before he had even started.
He has tried and tried to sign strikers but hits a brick wall. money and whether you like it or not many good players sadly want to play for Millwall. On top of that we have had covid and f... knows what else.
I know I am old but Millwall is part of my life and I would support them even if they played over Southwark Park.
But be very careful what you wish for, maybe start supporting him instead of slagging all the time.I know many of you do not do that and everyone of course has the right to their own opinion,and long may it continue but I felt I had to say something as after reading NSB almost daily for years I am beginning to think of not bothering.
Regards,
HSLife's dad

I think we all recognise the problems he faces and we don't expect to be world beaters, but where is the fight in the team? It looked like there was no intention of trying to compete on Saturday. At one point we got a throw in by the corner flag at their end and before you knew it the ball ended up back with Bart!

History and timelines always provide the facts. I was told GR and Harvey (recruitment) were blindsided by the Saville deal. GR had submitted a wish list at the end of the season which included a few midfield players generals (ball players) which were being tracked and enquiries made.

As always with Millwall it’s normally one player out one player in policy or JB’s pocket as a loan to cover short term finances or gaps.

Boro were being chased for outstanding monies for the sale of Saville by Kavanagh (bean counter) to bring in funds. During this process SK & JB were made aware of personal issues with Saville and his desire to return south and that Warnock would not stand in his way. A deal was struck and GR supposedly was handed his midfield general with little or no involvement. Watch GR’s interview on the Saville signing and he states he was shocked it happened, it happened quickly and he looked forward to working with George.

Prior to this happening Leonard’s form had improved as an attacking box to box midfielder with a few goals starting to happen. GR and his back room staff wanted a midfield general (ball player) to compliment this as previously mentioned they had a few names in mind.

Saville arrives and agrees a pay cut but even after this he is the highest paid player on the books (not including loans) this puts pay to GR’s wish list and it triggers Jed and his agent to start negotiations and make demands along similar lines which the club fall short of.

I think you will find our troubles started here, ruffled many feathers and once that creeps in things start to go wrong. Smith and Pearce asked to take pay cuts, Thompson left out to dry, multiple midfielders but all too similar, ball winners but not playmakers. Saville coming in being paid the most and being complete dogshit, pre season injuries and Covid, it all adds up.

I am not defending GR’s tactics or formations at times but what I am saying is their are lots of things going on that he can and can’t control. I do think he had/has a plan to improve the football and style of play but has been forced one way or another off plan too many times

This week will prove one way or another if the manager has the backing of management, the club and manager can attract decent players either short or long term and as with Smith and Bodvarsson if a few more move on.

Talk of Warnock, Houghton, Cooper and Reid is merely just pie in the sky as we all know it would be Robbo or a Morison/Robbo combination to see us through to the end of the season and probably in the long run take us backwards.

Let GR see out the season and take stock thereafter would be the best option for all parties IMO. They say 7, days is a longtime in politics but so is football, just over two weeks ago most were saying we gave it a right go against Palace, then Forest cost us probably our two best inform players and then the worst performance of the season against the tangerines with multiple situations going on the background, player injuries, players going, supposed bids rejected and not withstanding many players out of form.

I don’t think anyone can deny that those first 30/40 minutes against Forest was some of the best football we’ve played until Bradshaw and Ojo got crocked.

Lots of moving parts to deal with but unfortunately moving or lack of is the operative word when it comes to our current midfield and general play.

We soar our own seeds but I think the most collateral damage was done last summer and we are now feeling affects, added to by numerous incidents and decisions.

COYL

This is a brilliant, reasonable and considered post and if even only some of it is true, then it goes to explaining a lot.

I don't like Kavanagh for a lot of reasons, and again, if it's true that Saville was signed with very little input from Rowett, I find that unacceptable.

Axholme,
Thanks for the reply. I go to all home games but cannot go to away games due to limited mobility but listen to commentaries etc. Never mark or comment if I haven't seen a game so I can't say anything about saturday.
I thought however there was plenty of fight against Alice and NF,.
I accept what you say but I feel people must be realistic and consider the situation

Axholme,
Thanks for the reply. I go to all home games but cannot go to away games due to limited mobility but listen to commentaries etc. Never mark or comment if I haven't seen a game so I can't say anything about saturday.
I thought however there was plenty of fight against Alice and NF,.
I accept what you say but I feel people must be realistic and consider the situation
Fair comment. I'm the opposite to you in the fact due to where i live i see more away games than home games, believe me much of the time this year it's been painful. I can handle defeat, it's the manner of it we are being subject to.

Reading a thread about our struggling team and manager that's not flavour of the month is like reading a previous thread about the last manager that has hit a brick wall with the team, it's not unique but unifrom. It happens to them all eventually, whether it be KJ NH or our current one. It will happen to next one and the one after him. Rowett is a cagey defense minded manager, we knew that when he joined and only the most naivete amongst us thought it would be any different to whats gone before him.

We're not Nottingham Forest, West brom, etc, our gates, income, ffp restrictions and pulling power will tell you that, yet we've stayed in this league and competed with the likes of them who are no better off bar a few points. We shouldn't be campared to the likes of them, there's nothing to compare. They have spent millions, sack manager after manager and pay out millions on torn up contracts yet we're still in the same league.

Like it or not, in this league we're small fry with many financial handicaps that will always limit any thoughts and dreams of success. We're as hard sell to perspecive players, It's been the way since i first starting going in the late seventies bar two seasons in the top flight. Football has changed somewhat since then yey amazingly we;re still in there fighting, holding our own and playing football in a very rich and competitive league whilst upsetting the big boys from time to time in the cups.

We may well get rid of Rowett and a new bloke will come in and spend on mediocrity and a few rough diamonds that are attainable within our meagre budget and the hope that kills us all will come alive again. Then the reality hits home again and back to square one! This is the life and reality of a smallish club playing in a corrupt and unlevel playing field.

Blame time, blame sky. blame agents. blame the fucking weather, slag off the chairman, sit at home and slag the team off online, don't support the team financially, write untruths about him and our club, ignore facts, forget the rules, hypothesize all you like, but think for one minute about who we are and where we are, then look at Pompey, Sunderland, Ipswich, etc. It';s not all doom and gloom, we could be Charlton :hehe:

Last edited:
I am nearly 80 and been supporting Lions since before many of your parents were in infants school. Am I being totally stupid or what? Let's just look at the line-up of injured players we have,
Bradders .... At last banging the goals in, mainly because he has someone with a brain to play with, Afobe.

DEFENCE
Danny coming on a bomb, still a lot to learn gives the ball away expensively at times, but we love him
MIDFIELD
Billy... who we all love and is learning all the time, strong, energetic but does not get into the box, cannot shoot and just not creative. HE and Danny definitely
will be two of our best.
UP FRONT
Afobe people knock him like crazy,but he is first striker we have had for ages who has A BRAIN and this is showing with Bradders and Ojo. This is why he was transferred for millions when he was young.

HE wants the youngsters to be developed to come like Danny, Billy and Ben ( did, but needs to move on for his own good) and not just to be disheartened. Look at Tyler, what a difference playing for Hartlepool has made. Could have kept him and maybe destroyed him before he had even started.
He has tried and tried to sign strikers but hits a brick wall. money and whether you like it or not many good players sadly want to play for Millwall. On top of that we have had covid and f... knows what else.
I know I am old but Millwall is part of my life and I would support them even if they played over Southwark Park.
But be very careful what you wish for, maybe start supporting him instead of slagging all the time.I know many of you do not do that and everyone of course has the right to their own opinion,and long may it continue but I felt I had to say something as after reading NSB almost daily for years I am beginning to think of not bothering.
Regards,
HSLife's dad
Spot on, great post

DEFENCE
MIDFIELD
will be two of our best.
UP FRONT

Regards,
HSLife's dad
Really appreciate your input, sir, especially from a veteran supporter ( with all due respect ). It's an opinion that I, for one, respect, and despite our frustration at some of the lack lustre displays, you do highlight quite a few positives. It would be tragic if we ended up in the relegation zone, considering some of the good players we have, but it's almost as if the team aren't hearing our disquiet at playing well against a premiership side one week, and seemingly surrendering to a team we should be doing better against, the next.

Really appreciate your input, sir, especially from a veteran supporter ( with all due respect ). It's an opinion that I, for one, respect, and despite our frustration at some of the lack lustre displays, you do highlight quite a few positives. It would be tragic if we ended up in the relegation zone, considering some of the good players we have, but it's almost as if the team aren't hearing our disquiet at playing well against a premiership side one week, and seemingly surrendering to a team we should be doing better against, the next.
Ulster,
Thanks for the reply.
I do agree but feel the players probably feel as we do. Several times we think things are picking up and then BANG. A club like ours cannot loose players like Tom in brilliant form, Ojo our main creator and Jed, our magic moment man without it having a dramatic effect on players and the manager. That happens at every level, you are dealing with human beings and they could possibly come back fighting. Keep the faith
Hopefully enjoy the rest of the season and keep well