Think it’s game over for the management team.

If Berylson had had the balls to get rid of Rowett in the summer, maybe Barrett could have been the stop gap until Steve Cooper became available.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Another post that should be in the daily laugh thread.

Do you mean we'd have to wait for Cooper to fuck up at Forest afters he's got them promoted or do you mean when he gets caught knobbing the chairmans wife? I think the latter is slightly more likely if he caught the chairmans wife in a charitable mood at the same time she was blindfolded and tied to a tree. What 's your expert view oh master and how long do you think Cooper will last?

* Last at Forest and not banging the chairmans wife trussed up to a tree.

GR’s tactics and formation against an average Blackpool (2 wins in 11), missing their best player (Anderson) were far too defensive - 5 at back + 3 non-creative midfielders (Billy might be excluded from this). This ended up with our central defenders being the main passers of balls to our forwards. We will plummet down the league, which will make it easier to get rid of GR at end of season - there’s always a sliver lining ! 😜

Steven Reid, anyone?

Knows the club, loves the club, young, fresh. Served his apprenticeship under experienced managers.
Agree but seems to be happy to coast along as a no 2 getting no grief and well rewarded.

Would love to see him manage us but find myself wondering if he would want the job 🤷‍♂️

Regarding our management. Let’s face it. The best manager in the last 20 years took us so far before fucking it off. Jacket did try to get players in to take the step up but ultimately knew we couldn’t complete financially and with the rep. Unless the former changes, at best we are a mid table boring C’ship club. I’m no fan of Rowett but he has steadied the ship since Harris sadly lost the plot.
It’s easy to blame a succession of chairmen, chief executives and managers for our club’s lack of progress but never underestimate the damage our reputation has caused the club over many decades 🤷‍♂️

For me the conduct of a mindless minority has ultimately prevented the club reaching the heights it should have and unfortunately that’ll never change 😞

Last edited:
Funny ol' game. Before yesterday, things were looking up a bit. Although we lost the games, we started to look like a very decent team and playing some good football for most of the game (without Jed as well).

Then, the two players that had hit some good form and were making a difference, got injured. Add other injuries to the menu, then you get what we have now. A struggling squad with very little quality, especially in the midfield.

A lot of yesterday was about the players on the pitch. Some were absolutely fucking hopeless. It wasn't all down to GR and, he's right with 'no spark'. That's definitely down to players on the day.

Last edited:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Another post that should be in the daily laugh thread.

Do you mean we'd have to wait for Cooper to fuck up at Forest afters he's got them promoted or do you mean when he gets caught knobbing the chairmans wife? I think the latter is slightly more likely if he caught the chairmans wife in a charitable mood at the same time she was blindfolded and tied to a tree. What 's your expert view oh master and how long do you think Cooper will last?

* Last at Forest and not banging the chairmans wife trussed up to a tree.
Don’t be ridiculous! You know perfectly well what I meant.

I just highlighted the fact how slow Berylson had been, getting in someone (like Cooper) when they become available!

It was never gonna happen because, as you keep banging on about it, we don’t have the money to pay up Rowett’s contract!

This, I think is bollox! I don’t know what Rowett is on, but assuming he was given a 3 year contract (and he’s in his 3rd year now), any payment Berylson would have to pay him, would be a much smaller amount than if he had had to sack him, say 6 months into a 3 year contract!

Last edited:
Funny ol' game. Before yesterday, things were looking up a bit. Although we lost the games, we started to look like a very decent team and playing some good football for most of the game (without Jed as well).

Then, the two players that had hit some good form and were making a difference, got injured. Add other injuries to the menu, then you get what we have now. A struggling squad with very little quality, especially in the midfield.

A lot of yesterday was about the players on the pitch. Some were absolutely fucking hopeless. It wasn't all down to GR and, he's right with 'no spark'. That's definitely down to players on the day.
Agree with that but GR & co should always have a back up plan to overcome unforeseen circumstances. We have lost 6-7 players to injury or moving on , but bringing people in it seems is a big problem for the club or Rowett.

It’s easy to blame a succession of chairmen, chief executives and managers for our club’s lack of progress but never underestimate the damage our reputation has caused the club over many decades 🤷‍♂️

For me the conduct of a mindless minority has ultimately prevented the club reaching the heights it should have and unfortunately that’ll never change 😞
That’s very true, Purley, but I will stick up for the club in that they have tried in the last couple of decades to paint us in a much better light, which has worked to some extent.

I would like to know how many managers we have interviewed in the past, that didn’t take the job because of the financial restrictions they would be facing. If a potential manager, going into an interview, has done his homework on us, he would know the areas that we would be lacking in, and have a rough idea what that would cost to put right! Once Berylson tells them that there is no money, then they just shake his hand and walk out the door! Why would successful managers be prepared to take on a job that would end up giving them an ulcer, unless it’s a last chance manager like Rowett, who would take any job to get back into management, regardless of what it does to his health and well being!

Do you think Pep Guardiola went to Man City for the weather? 🤣

Last edited:

This.

I will praise Rowett in that, with our backs to the wall, he has at least realised we have to get some new players in, and is trying to get some through the door, but it’s all gone quiet on the Flemming, Ramselaar and Pepe whatsisface front at the moment! Is this because negotiations are still on going, or have the deals broken down because we won’t pay what their clubs want?

If it’s the latter, then once again, penny pinching has undone us, and as it’s Berylson that holds the purse strings…..

GR’s tactics and formation against an average Blackpool (2 wins in 11), missing their best player (Anderson) were far too defensive - 5 at back + 3 non-creative midfielders (Billy might be excluded from this). This ended up with our central defenders being the main passers of balls to our forwards. We will plummet down the league, which will make it easier to get rid of GR at end of season - there’s always a sliver lining ! 😜
BM is s not a creative player. He has a great attitude and obviously wants to do well but someone needs to get hold of him and get his head up and get him looking forward as his first movement, at the moment he looks backwards and sideways as his first instinct. He also looks a bit panicked when he receives the ball. I know he is young and we all want him to do well but this I think is critical for his development.
It’s not easy given the lack of quality and movement with our forward and the piss poor coaching at Millwall, first team and youth set up, but if he wants to become a better player he needs to be more pro active

BM is s not a creative player. He has a great attitude and obviously wants to do well but someone needs to get hold of him and get his head up and get him looking forward as his first movement, at the moment he looks backwards and sideways as his first instinct. He also looks a bit panicked when he receives the ball. I know he is young and we all want him to do well but this I think is critical for his development.
It’s not easy given the lack of quality and movement with our forward and the piss poor coaching at Millwall, first team and youth set up, but if he wants to become a better player he needs to be more pro active
Or you could say, if he wants to be a better player, then go to a club with a better manager!

There’s nothing Rowett can teach the lad that’s going to add his name to the superb list of midfielders we’ve had over the decades!

Or you could say, if he wants to be a better player, then go to a club with a better manager!

There’s nothing Rowett can teach the lad that’s going to add his name to the superb list of midfielders we’ve had over the decades!
Agreed I also believe that Fitzgerald needs to go, our youth set has not produced enough players over the last few years and hardly any with flair. Too many jobs for the boys in our youth set up needs a complete overhaul

Until we have players who can pass a ball to someone on the same team occasionally we are going to be under pressure most games. Yes its negative but its criminal that professional footballers cant do the fundamental things right and means we are always putting ourselves on the back foot, maybe thats why he has to pick defensive minded players as he doesnt trust us to keep the ball. I said before on here we have a team of players where hardly anyone would get in any other championship side, thats our budget thats our level. Luton have got to be looked at as similar size and they they pass the ball well and would be looked at to have been doing great considering their size and squad value (yet they are only one point above us) . But I guarantee if that Nathan Jones managed these players we wouldnt play that way as they are not capable

Agree with that but GR & co should always have a back up plan to overcome unforeseen circumstances. We have lost 6-7 players to injury or moving on , but bringing people in it seems is a big problem for the club or Rowett.

I suppose at a club like Millwall, quality squad size and finances partly dictate that. Although, at the end of the day you are right.

Maybe when all the transfer bollocks is over and Jed finally goes, things might start to settle down and a bit of consistency will kick in to get us through the rest of the season unscathed.

Agreed I also believe that Fitzgerald needs to go, our youth set has not produced enough players over the last few years and hardly any with flair. Too many jobs for the boys in our youth set up needs a complete overhaul
It would have been great had Rowett, at his interview, told Berylson that he would look at the youth set up, the scouting set up, etc, and if it wasn’t up to his liking, that Berylson would agree, before they shook hands on the deal, that money would be made available to sort it all out!

Of course we know Rowett didn’t say that! He was probably in that interview no longer than 5 minutes!

Berylson: Happy with your personal terms, Gary?

Rowett: Er…..yes, but can we talk about…..

Berylson (cutting in): Great! Fantastic!

(starts shaking Rowett’s hand as he guides him towards the exit).

Berylson: Welcome to the club Gary! I have a feeling you’re going to do wonderful things here!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣