There's great players

Thing is though mate, ain't like he needs the money, he could of took a massive pay cut if he loved the club so much.

I believe that Messi offered to take a massive pay cut (> 50%), but apparently Spanish law prevents employers cutting salaries by more than 30% (I think this figure is correct).

To be fair this is what happens when Barca offer silly wages to players, it was always gonna catch up with them financial wise at some point. I see they have just put a buy out clause on there young talent 'Fati' of one billion Euros.

Spot on. Although Messi was clearly willing to take a huge financial hit to stay at Barca, he was hardly going to be on minimum wage. Messi's last contract @ Barca amounted to £1.2m/week; Rumour has it Ronaldo is on over £1m/week@United! It's bloody ridiculous.

I feel sorry when the Burys of the world go under and other similar clubs struggle to make ends meet, but I can't shed any tears for Barca and even clubs like Derby. They went 'all in' in an attempt to buy success. They knew the risks if they failed (or should have), so they should pay the consequences if the gamble fails.
They have a massive rebuilding job to do to get back to the old Barcelona for sure, will take a long time.
Agreed.

He's a fantastic athelete and footballer. He could have retired but he still has the hunger, still wants to win every trophy available whilst setting records that will take some beating. I don't care a jot about him being flash, he's kinda entitled to be if that's what he is. All the greats have an arrogance about them and i think he deals with all the media attention and fawning very well.
Best ever Peckham, his records will never be beaten. He not as flash as some who also have achieved f all

I believe that Messi offered to take a massive pay cut (> 50%), but apparently Spanish law prevents employers cutting salaries by more than 30% (I think this figure is correct).

Spot on. Although Messi was clearly willing to take a huge financial hit to stay at Barca, he was hardly going to be on minimum wage. Messi's last contract @ Barca amounted to £1.2m/week; Rumour has it Ronaldo is on over £1m/week@United! It's bloody ridiculous.

I feel sorry when the Burys of the world go under and other similar clubs struggle to make ends meet, but I can't shed any tears for Barca and even clubs like Derby. They went 'all in' in an attempt to buy success. They knew the risks if they failed (or should have), so they should pay the consequences if the gamble fails.

Agreed.
The wages they are on is absolutely ridiculous, they have brought in players like Aguero, Depay and a few others and although they haven't paid a transfer fee for them they are giving them unreal wages. My question is, surely they could have sold a few players and got there wage cap down enough to keep Messi ?

Real Madrid is another club, always in debt but some how manage to find money to bring big players in, like the Mbappe transfer offering 180 million Euro, they connected to a bank or something.

Thing is though mate, ain't like he needs the money, he could of took a massive pay cut if he loved the club so much.

To be fair this is what happens when Barca offer silly wages to players, it was always gonna catch up with them financial wise at some point. I see they have just put a buy out clause on there young talent 'Fati' of one billion Euros.

They have a massive rebuilding job to do to get back to the old Barcelona for sure, will take a long time.
I think he couldn’t take a pay cut, something in Spanish law regarding this

Should have read the full post before answering 😄

The wages they are on is absolutely ridiculous, they have brought in players like Aguero, Depay and a few others and although they haven't paid a transfer fee for them they are giving them unreal wages. My question is, surely they could have sold a few players and got there wage cap down enough to keep Messi ?

Real Madrid is another club, always in debt but some how manage to find money to bring big players in, like the Mbappe transfer offering 180 million Euro, they connected to a bank or something.
Yes.
There's a tunnel from the karzi in the away changing rooms direct to the local Banco Sabadell.

They actually didn't need him apart from commercial reasons. They had no problems scoring goals, they needed a decent centre mid and a centre half cause Maguire is a donkey, oh and a new manager.

True, but he has scored a couple of vital goals in the CL this season and last nights late winner took the heat of The Bus Driver, as did the 95th minute winner against Villareal. They could have been looking at the Europa League already (again) in February.

True, but he has scored a couple of vital goals in the CL this season and last nights late winner took the heat of The Bus Driver, as did the 95th minute winner against Villareal. They could have been looking at the Europa League already (again) in February.
You could argue that if they had a proper manager they wouldn't get themselves into that position and wouldn't need you know who to bail them out. They were doing that before he turned up, injury time goals in Fergie time has kept Ole Ogden in a job.

You might be interested in this article

You might find the attached link interesting https://sqaf.club/most-profitable-football-clubs/ Assuming the details are correct, the fact that Norwich are the 10th most profitable club in Europe says it all.

they connected to a bank or something.
They like many other so called giants are bank rolled as long as they can service their debt/ loans. Barca are in deep shit because of Covid, they weren't servicing the debt so the banks pulled up the drawbridge meaning Barca had to offload a few of their top earners, hence Messi leaving.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

He's just had a goal chalked off against Liverpool, who in turn after 58 mins,
haven't had five chalked off...Plus, second half sub Pogba, sent off after 60 mins for a terrible tackle...hundreds (thousands) streaming out of the Theatre of Nightmares.
:hehe:

Last edited: