The gourmet burger place outside the ground …

I get that, but had the club had the foresight when they were building the new stadium, back in 92/93, they could have built underground a beer cellar (as you get in a pub), and had deliveries on match days!

Too tight then to do it, and too much bother, probably!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Are you fucking serious? An underground beer cellar, straight up? How does that work then and what's the cost?

You going Wall Saturday Dave ? Nah fuck that mate, the beer is stored below sea level and a bit trumpy for my liking.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Are you fucking serious? An underground beer cellar, straight up? How does that work then and what's the cost?
Serious? No, not really!

But the club doesn’t have any excuses for the piss poor beer they serve up, especially if you end up paying more than pub prices for an inferior product!

Think supporters would be happy to pay a bit over the odds for a decent pint or burger, knowing the profits from it will go back into the club!

With the current cost of living, the club should realise that loyalty only goes so far!

Remember the dodgy burger carts in the 70's / 80's?

Always pushed around by some old geezer in a long white coat.

Burgers seemed to be cooked in boiling water, as were the onions.
Loved them burgers and the hot dogs off them carts, onions were gorgeous. The buns crumbled in your hands. It was the smell I couldnt resist.

One of them carts was hijacked and used as a battering ram one year up at Wolves to do the gates. Burgers and dogs every where.

Happy days.

But the club doesn’t have any excuses for the piss poor beer they serve up,
It has nish to do with the club, it's franchised out.

Think supporters would be happy to pay a bit over the odds for a decent pint or burger, knowing the profits from it will go back into the club!
It doesn't see above.

With the current cost of living, the club should realise that loyalty only goes so far!
But you want the club to get in more expensive beer whilst bods are struggling. Why is that important that you must have a beer in the ground? The chaps i go with have a good booze locally and wait until after the match to have another one or twelve.

The new eaterie thing at the cbl is apparently okay but pricey, you can't have it both ways.

It has nish to do with the club, it's franchised out.
I get that, but if the club are aware that punters in the ground aren’t happy with the quality of the beer, then as a customer, they have a right to complain and/or not renew the franchise when it next comes up for renewal!
But you want the club to get in more expensive beer whilst bods are struggling. Why is that important that you must have a beer in the ground?
I said that punters would be happy to pay a bit over the odds if the beer and food were as good or better than what you get in pubs! Not expecting bods to pay well over the odds, just expecting value for money!

I personally don’t have a beer in the ground, because of how piss poor it is, but other bods do, and on hot days such as what we’ve been having, some will have a pint because they want alcohol (whether it’s good or bad.)
The chaps i go with have a good booze locally and wait until after the match to have another one or twelve.
And that’s the sensible thing to do, if you can do it, but other bods might not be able to meet up outside (arriving at the ground at different times etc.) so a pint with your mates at HT is maybe the only option available! Same at FT, bods can’t always stay behind (work, family commitments, etc.), so a trip to the pub afterwards isn’t always possible!
The new eaterie thing at the cbl is apparently okay but pricey, you can't have it both ways.
Yes, everyone is struggling money wise, but it doesn’t stop people eating out once every so often, as long as their happy that the food and drink is good and isn’t outrageously expensive. Personally, I wouldn’t pay £12 for fish & Chips in a pub restaurant when I can get it for half that from the local chippy and take it home to eat! Likewise, if someone recommended the eaterie at the ground, I’d be happy to give it a go, as long as I didn’t think the prices were totally expensive! Then it would come down to how good or bad the food was, as to whether I’d go back there again!

Like one of your jigsaws?
What with the cost of living crisis, paypal charges and the rising cost of importing the materials, the average cost of a jigsaw on eBay is now £1.99 plus postage. Not only that, but lots of jigsaw sellers have turned their back on the industry after continuing negative reviews from buyers and the resulting criminal charges after dealing with the complaints.

Remember the old bill trying to clear the bar top of the halfway half hour after the game horses sliding on the terraces

The Bram is still there, but has been turned in to housing for Eastern European types, so guess the bar has been ripped out...

Remember the old bill trying to clear the bar top of the halfway half hour after the game horses sliding on the terraces
Bar back of the Cold Blow, I was getting served there age of 15/16. Halfway was a bit more tricky got blanked now and again.
Courages light ale and harp lager or was it skol. Whatever it was it’s better than the piss they serve now.