The gourmet burger place outside the ground …

… in the ‘fan zone’ bit. It’s new ain’t it? don’t recall seeing it last season but I only went a few times so I might have just missed it before. Anyone try it? I was starving and wanted it to give it a go but was in a rush so had to make do with some chips from inside the ground.

Ive got to say, what the club have done with that area is superb. The atmosphere is really good. I brought my daughter, who hasn’t been for ages, and as we walked towards it from Surrey canal road she said it felt like she was going to a gig or a festival (that’s her thing).

It’s a shame that all of the pubs around the ground have shut but good that the club have provided somewhere for the fans to have a pre match drink, and probably making a right few quid in the process.
Have you tried the lukewarm totally flat excuse for lager at £6.50. Total rip off

The beer in the ground is still shit, and because the pubs around the ground are, as you say, shut, the club have a captive audience!

Buy our shit or have a coke instead!

Never ceases to amaze me that football clubs never seem willing to give the punters exactly what they want: a selection of good beers, ales and food, all competitively priced, to entice supporters to spend money that goes back into the club, and not into the coffers of another, outside competitor!

I mean, it’s not rocket science, is it?
So fucking true.. captive audience. Shit beer .. used to be carling in plastic bottles , they are missing out here

You don’t mind paying over the odds at these gaffs but when you pay over for shit that’s just wrong. Had a shit beer b4 kick off never went back. Charge the price you want but give a decent product

… in the ‘fan zone’ bit. It’s new ain’t it? don’t recall seeing it last season but I only went a few times so I might have just missed it before. Anyone try it? I was starving and wanted it to give it a go but was in a rush so had to make do with some chips from inside the ground.

Ive got to say, what the club have done with that area is superb. The atmosphere is really good. I brought my daughter, who hasn’t been for ages, and as we walked towards it from Surrey canal road she said it felt like she was going to a gig or a festival (that’s her thing).

It’s a shame that all of the pubs around the ground have shut but good that the club have provided somewhere for the fans to have a pre match drink, and probably making a right few quid in the process.
Dyou know Wipp that fella who sells the programmes on FB (the cancer charity bloke) asked if anyone knew a empty shop or railway arch near the Den as he was planning a pop up micro pub for match days on behalf of the charity
Great idea I thought but Dyou know what I couldn’t think of one place nearer to the ground than by the warrior or the foresters or possibly the Canterbury (dunno if it’s still a afri gaff) that were nearer the ground than a local pub is
Such a shame they’ve all gone ,is the bramcote building still standing or is that flats now too ?
At leasrt tge club are trying to solve the problem but £6:30 for a pint of carlsberg ain’t really gonna bring in the crowds

Have you tried the lukewarm totally flat excuse for lager at £6.50. Total rip off
Sure I paid £11 for 2 carlsberg yesterday.

Got to the ground around 2.15 yesterday, good atmosphere round the back of the south stand. Bumped in to a few people I hadn’t seen through the break. Opted to head in to the ground for a beer instead as the queue for the beer bus was about 30 deep. Could maybe do with a couple more of the mobile beer trolleys dotted around (see one by the west stand near the exec lounge entrance and another round the south as well the bus) when the weather is nice. Overall fairly impressed with the setup yesterday outside the ground

Also noticed a micro brewery/tap room down Verney road yesterday. Big space inside with a few tables. Will give that a go at some point this season as well

Dyou know Wipp that fella who sells the programmes on FB (the cancer charity bloke) asked if anyone knew a empty shop or railway arch near the Den as he was planning a pop up micro pub for match days on behalf of the charity
Great idea I thought but Dyou know what I couldn’t think of one place nearer to the ground than by the warrior or the foresters or possibly the Canterbury (dunno if it’s still a afri gaff) that were nearer the ground than a local pub is
Such a shame they’ve all gone ,is the bramcote building still standing or is that flats now too ?
At leasrt tge club are trying to solve the problem but £6:30 for a pint of carlsberg ain’t really gonna bring in the crowds
Think the bramcote is still derelict

Sure I paid £11 for 2 carlsberg yesterday.

Got to the ground around 2.15 yesterday, good atmosphere round the back of the south stand. Bumped in to a few people I hadn’t seen through the break. Opted to head in to the ground for a beer instead as the queue for the beer bus was about 30 deep. Could maybe do with a couple more of the mobile beer trolleys dotted around (see one by the west stand near the exec lounge entrance and another round the south as well the bus) when the weather is nice. Overall fairly impressed with the setup yesterday outside the ground

Also noticed a micro brewery/tap room down Verney road yesterday. Big space inside with a few tables. Will give that a go at some point this season as well
Lots popping up. The four pure on the industrial estate on rotherhithe wd by greggs at south berm is great and they have a pop up set up by the lions bus too

You go to any football ground in the country, or any event for that matter, and the beer is usually bog standard fizz. You won’t get decent ales and the like because it just doesn’t keep from one event/match to the next.
I get that, but had the club had the foresight when they were building the new stadium, back in 92/93, they could have built underground a beer cellar (as you get in a pub), and had deliveries on match days!

Too tight then to do it, and too much bother, probably!

Sickning that it's £5 for a pre cooked burger inside ground and over £6 a pint of carlsberg its about . When u spend money on a season ticket and train travel, the club has no idea. Just better to drink in pubs in bermondsey and turn up 5mins b4 ko

Remember the dodgy burger carts in the 70's / 80's?

Always pushed around by some old geezer in a long white coat.

Burgers seemed to be cooked in boiling water, as were the onions.
Smelt fucking lovely though.
My old man used to say " na son you dont want none of that shit"
Yes i do you tight cunt buy me one 😀
Fucksake he'll be spinning in his grave now its 7 quid for a poxy hot dog

The beer in the ground is still shit, and because the pubs around the ground are, as you say, shut, the club have a captive audience!
A few of my lot that like a drink fucked it off yesterday, wouldn't pay the asking price.

Never ceases to amaze me that football clubs never seem willing to give the punters exactly what they want: a selection of good beers, ales and food,
Many do in the premier but you need the space, something wall doesn't have, Spurs for example do and can offer options.

all competitively priced, to entice supporters to spend money that goes back into the club, and not into the coffers of another, outside competitor!
It's franchised out and for a reason. The club have no say on the various products cost Ticket prices aren't generally value for money but we still pay, unless you have a season ticket of course.