THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Cresswell struggles for playing time under Gary Rowett, it has been reported that the club could be looking at fielding permanent bids for him. That would explain why we wont let the loan be cut short. Wall must see the potential in him and are running his contract down. The more hes settled in the more chance we have of getting him.
I wonder what GR can see in him that most on here can’t?

I’m sure both Cresswell and Weeds were hoping for more game time, but surely they must have known that with two recognised centre halves (one of whom is rarely out injured), appearances were going to be limited?

If GR is thinking of buying him, is it to eventually replace Hutch or Coops? All 3 players are right footed, and of the two, Hutch is the oldest at 32 (Cooper will be 28 next month), so replacing him with Cresswwell (20) is pretty much a no brainer, but we know that Coops isn’t as assured, or plays as well, without Hutch by his side!

Could a pairing of Coops and Cresswell work, but more importantly, can Cresswell improve his own performance in the Championship?

Last edited:
I wonder what GR can see in him that most on here can’t?

I’m sure both Cresswell and Weeds were hoping for more game time, but surely they must have known that with two recognised centre halves (one of whom is rarely out injured), appearances were going to be limited?

If GR is thinking of buying him, is it to eventually replace Hutch or Coops? All 3 players are right footed, and of the two, Hutch is the oldest at 32 (Cooper will be 28 next month), so replacing him with Cresswwell (20) is pretty much a no brainer, but we know that Coops isn’t as assured, or plays as well, without Hutch by his side!

Could a pairing of Coops and Cresswell work, but more importantly, can Cresswell improve his own performance in the Championship?
GR sees him every training session and it's his opinion that matters, he wouldn't have him on the bench if he wasn't good enough.

Starting the season with 3 CB's meant it was very likely he would play most of the season, the change in tactics has altered that situation.

I'd back GR if he decides to try and get him in the summer, I think those moaning about him on here aren't taking into account his age and inexperience.

GR sees him every training session and it's his opinion that matters, he wouldn't have him on the bench if he wasn't good enough.

Starting the season with 3 CB's meant it was very likely he would play most of the season, the change in tactics has altered that situation.

I'd back GR if he decides to try and get him in the summer, I think those moaning about him on here aren't taking into account his age and inexperience.
I understand what you’re saying, but Cresswell will only gain more experience by playing more (which isn’t happening much at the minute), so both him and the club are in an unfortunate Catch 22 position at the moment!

Also, weren’t we led to believe from Weeds that there wouldn’t be a hope in hell‘s chance we could sign Cresswell at the end of this season, as he was too valuable a player for them to lose? Maybe the Leeds management have seen Cresswell’s performances for us this season, and are now thinking differently about the lad?

If Cresswell can get more game time between now and the end of the season, and he improves performance wise, I wouldn’t be so adverse as others on here are, about signing him, but at the moment, the pairing of Hutch and Cooper can’t be broken, and until that happens, I can’t see Cresswell getting a look in!

Cresswell is just lacking experience and, perhaps, trying too hard.

The goals he has cost us have been down to him being impatient in the tackle, rather than jockeying his opponent, or over-elaborating and getting caught in possession.

I think his control and passing is better than Hutch and some of the long diagonal balls he plays are impressive.

Throw in his goals and I wouldn’t be unhappy if we signed him.

He’s got something about him

He's ceratinly has the technical ability, just his decision making and a bit of naivety letting him down. Nothing that can't be coached and Rowett being a defender himself may actually benefit the player long term. Very much doubt he'll be here any longer than this season, if not at Leeds he'll go for a few quid and money that we're not able to come up with.

If WBA get this over the line I would expect them to end top six easy.

West Brom manager Carlos Corberan wants to bring Forest midfielder Lewis O'Brien in alongside Fulham star Nathaniel Chalobah with the relative clubs in discussions.

If WBA get this over the line I would expect them to end top six easy.

West Brom manager Carlos Corberan wants to bring Forest midfielder Lewis O'Brien in alongside Fulham star Nathaniel Chalobah with the relative clubs in discussions.
Agree, O’Brien is a very good player.

West Brom have to get promoted this year or they are totally fucked. They are now going down the road of bringing in players on huge wages just for the sake of it in the desperate hope that it will guarantee premier league football next season. Hopefully it will all go wrong for them and they disappear into financial oblivion.

West Brom have to get promoted this year or they are totally fucked. They are now going down the road of bringing in players on huge wages just for the sake of it in the desperate hope that it will guarantee premier league football next season. Hopefully it will all go wrong for them and they disappear into financial oblivion.
Makes the away game on the first of April a bit more gritty now. :thumbup:

"The Whites should bring him back to Elland Road with a view to shipping him out again to a club who will guarantee him the game time and development his talents warrant."

Do these thickoes not understand he is not going anywhere until after the current loan ends? They need to stop sucking their whippets off and pay more attention to the world outside.

The move for Denis Unlav at Brighton looks less likely after events yesterday….if it was ever a possibility? Their CF got crocked and was taken off and Unlav came on for the last few minutes. If their CF is out for a few weeks then they would not have cover for him if they let Unlav come to us. It’s a long shot, I know but following the debacle of Nisbet we are way up the river without a paddle and almost no time to move to plan B. I hope we don’t get desperate as we did many years ago and sign that plonker from QPR who was a complete waste of space. Can’t remember his name but I am sure somebody on here will.
On the same tack Fat Dan reckons that Nisbet did travel down to us last week but failed the medical. NAD reckons that he did not travel down but Fat Dan reckons he had seen pictures of Rab C with an overnight bag at the station about to board a train. The club have not come clean about the situation in case it puts others off from signing him. Who knows. One sure thing is that we had put most of our eggs in that basket and now we could be well and truly screwed. I’m not sure we have many or even any other options with the deadline fast approaching. What does the man in the car park say?