THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Looks like we are going to sign Nathan Byrne from Derby. Their fans are in melt down at the moment and Millwall is the specific name keep being mentioned. I thought we might have moved on from this with the Shackleton deal. If it happens the squad is going to be majorly improved from the start of last season.
Derby had originally taken up the option of extending Byrne's deal by 12 months - a move that had been backed by the Football League. But because the club has been moved to a new company following Clowes Developments' purchase of the Rams, it is governed by legislation known as the Transfer of Undertakings

He is 30 and I doubt we would offer more than a years contract. My guess is he will go to Stoke.

Last edited:
looks like the deal would include an option to buy. Reading still after Shackleton

Reading are under a finacial embargo so not sure how they will be in for shackleton, there not allowed to pay any fees for players including loan fees

I thought the clue was when wall said they were no longer interested in getting him :unsure:
I know, I was closing the circle on him.

Bologna have a good record at buying cheap and selling on at big profits. Hearts sold a young left back (Aaron Hickey) to Bologna for £1.5m and everyone thought that was a great deal.

After 42 games for Bologna they’ve sold him onto Brentford for £17m last month.

Millwall have definitely missed out on a decent midfielder in Ferguson and maybe also a big profit after a good season or two.

I know, I was closing the circle on him.

Bologna have a good record at buying cheap and selling on at big profits. Hearts sold a young left back (Aaron Hickey) to Bologna for £1.5m and everyone thought that was a great deal.

After 42 games for Bologna they’ve sold him onto Brentford for £17m last month.

Millwall have definitely missed out on a decent midfielder in Ferguson and maybe also a big profit after a good season or two.
its what we are good at...we dont like to invest in players who could yield big profits

its what we are good at...we dont like to invest in players who could yield big profits

Very harsh and akin to saying we don't do the lottery. Were you going to stump up the readdies? Flemming is an investment. There's many that think we shouldn't bother at all when the likes of Man city come along and snap up clubs ' potential ' for next to nothing. We gave Sheringham and Carter a platform and got next to fuck all for them. Then you have players that are happy to run down their contracts and fuck off for free.

Last edited:
I only want players at Millwall who desperately want to play for us.
What is the point otherwise?
Benik Afobe is a case in point.
Turned down Champions’ League football to come back to Millwall.:bow:
I'm not sure he turned it down... He was on the plane over there and the deal fell through last minute. We made it known we wanted him back from before the end of the last season, and he made it clear he would be assessing his options.

I'm not sure he turned it down... He was on the plane over there and the deal fell through last minute. We made it known we wanted him back from before the end of the last season, and he made it clear he would be assessing his options.
He decided it was not the best option for his family, so rang GR and said “Let’s do a deal”

Done alright with Saville, could of cashed in on Wallace and Cooper.
Ever since Harris has took over we have improved the squad each season, thanks to JB's money, not sure we have done that over a long period before.
Not bad for a small club in Div. 2
We have done very well considering how low our budget is compared to most clubs in this division. But there are very few occasions we've spent money (million or more) and then aold on for double or triple

Saville stands out with one even though we spent little
Morison we got a few million not many others

We have done very well considering how low our budget is compared to most clubs in this division. But there are very few occasions we've spent money (million or more) and then aold on for double or triple

Saville stands out with one even though we spent little
Morison we got a few million not many others
We should consider our own players signing new contracts the same as buying a new player. Could of sold Cooper but instead spent a few million keeping him for example.

Gayle is on 40k pw at Newcastle. We could afford to pay half of that for a season I suppose. He is from London also. But that depends if we are even interested in the first place!