Teams we have played in the play offs.

BigPaul

All things considered, I'm very happy to be where we are.
Of all the teams we have ever played in the play offs, only Brighton have gone on to achieve anything.

From my sometimes dodgy memory I'm thinking about Swindon, Bradford City, Derby County, Barnsley and Scunthorpe United.
Only Birmingham are going to be in the same division as us next season.

Shows what a brutal environment football is these days.

Apologies if I have forgotten anybody.

I was convinced the stars and stats were going to work in our favour this season and the press would be all over the 2009 play off final when Scunthorpe beat us to get promotion to the Championship and comparing it to the present day where they are in the National League and we are in the Premier league.

I was convinced the stars and stats were going to work in our favour this season and the press would be all over the 2009 play off final when Scunthorpe beat us to get promotion to the Championship and comparing it to the present day where they are in the National League and we are in the Premier league.

Most people in Scunthorpe probably don't know Scunthorpe have a football team anymore, let alone know they had been in a play-off final in 2009...or... they had the honour to watch one of new Wembley's most spectacular goals..!!

:smoke:

I think we’ve been in 8 play offs and made the final 4 times so that’s :unsure: 20 games? It seems too many but I know I’ve been to them all

Weird one as all really close games decided by a big moment In The game. Swindon with Charlie Austin late sitter with the wemberlee pitch bobble, archers last ditch save against Bradford , and had du du du Alexander got his hat trick with his sitter who knows where we would be.

I would also add Southend, although not play offs, them missing out on play offs with our remarkable win at brizzle has abso destroyed them as a club.

Ok, so I think that’s it. Twenty play off games in eight seasons against 12 opponents two of whom (Bradford & Scunthorpe) we played in different seasons so ten separate teams in total. Thanks Big Paul, brought back some great memories especially the away games at Brighton, Derby & Birmingham that my old dad came to.

Members online