Team v Terriers

silverlion

Staff member
Beware! This is a banana skin waiting to happen. Some of us on here have seen it all before. We grind out a win away against a team who are not very good. We follow that up with a meek performance against a team who can pass you to death and who usually beat us but we squeak a win. Now we face a side managed by a very experienced campaigner who will scrap for everything and we are expected to beat them convincingly. Often, in the past, we have got turned over and walked out of the Den thinking that this was one of the poorest sides we have played and we have lost!
I do detect a change of attitude amongst the squad and the manager and also a fierce determination to succeed and I hope this might carry us through what could be a turning point in our season. Long kept us in it in the second half and I am coming around to the opinion that he does have what it takes at this level. He should start.Danny is one of the first names on the team sheet and he deserves to keep his place. Likewise Cresswell who is tough and consistent and has an able partner in Cooper. Murray gave a good account of himself on Tuesday so he should start too.
Midfield can be an issue and I have concerns about Sav’s ability to play three games in eight days. He looked cream crackered before he was subbed late in the second half. Has he recovered? Shack is ready to step in if he hasn’t. Leonard gave a good display and got plaudits from GR so he is a certain starter. Honeyman was busy and effective on Tuesday so he should start. Vogi guaranteed his place with the goal but there are still times I question his decision making. If GR feels similar then Watmore could start. Our new international CF is sure to start.

My thoughts are

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Murray
Sav Leonard
Vogi Flem Honeyman
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Hutch Shack Esse Watmore Burke

Beware! This is a banana skin waiting to happen. Some of us on here have seen it all before. We grind out a win away against a team who are not very good. We follow that up with a meek performance against a team who can pass you to death and who usually beat us but we squeak a win. Now we face a side managed by a very experienced campaigner who will scrap for everything and we are expected to beat them convincingly. Often, in the past, we have got turned over and walked out of the Den thinking that this was one of the poorest sides we have played and we have lost!
I do detect a change of attitude amongst the squad and the manager and also a fierce determination to succeed and I hope this might carry us through what could be a turning point in our season. Long kept us in it in the second half and I am coming around to the opinion that he does have what it takes at this level. He should start.Danny is one of the first names on the team sheet and he deserves to keep his place. Likewise Cresswell who is tough and consistent and has an able partner in Cooper. Murray gave a good account of himself on Tuesday so he should start too.
Midfield can be an issue and I have concerns about Sav’s ability to play three games in eight days. He looked cream crackered before he was subbed late in the second half. Has he recovered? Shack is ready to step in if he hasn’t. Leonard gave a good display and got plaudits from GR so he is a certain starter. Honeyman was busy and effective on Tuesday so he should start. Vogi guaranteed his place with the goal but there are still times I question his decision making. If GR feels similar then Watmore could start. Our new international CF is sure to start.

My thoughts are

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Murray
Sav Leonard
Vogi Flem Honeyman
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Hutch Shack Esse Watmore Burke
Watched em play Norwich, first half I never seen a team play so poor they were indescribable, honestly. Second half they were a bit better but still never had a shot on target, either half. I know it’s easier said than done but we should win as we want, Just need to do what we do best. Go for the throat early and push hard. And be lucky in front of goal. A howler would make a nice hatrick.

I reckon Flemming will be on the bench. He was out on his feet last 30 minutes against Swansea. I was surprised he didn't get taken off at that point to save him a bit.

Long
Danny Mac Cresswell Cooper Murray
Shack Leonard
Vogi Honeyman Watmore
Bradshaw
Bench: Flemming, Bart, Burke, Hutch, Esse, Malone, Evans.
Give Sav a week off?

Long
Danny Mac Cresswell Cooper Murray
Shack Leonard
Vogi Honeyman Watmore
Bradshaw
Bench: Flemming, Bart, Burke, Hutch, Esse, Malone, Evans.
Give Sav a week off?
Not starting Flemming would be a major error. Of course he was running on fumes by the end of Tuesday night but he has the creativity to make things happen that no one else in the team has. He will be fine on Saturday and then gets a good break. Got to start

This is NAD’s take on the team,

Long; McNamara, Cresswell, Cooper, Wallace; Shackleton, Saville; Burke, Flemming, Voglsammer; Bradshaw

No Leonard? Seems a bit odd unless he is crocked.

Hard to argue with that starting line-up at the moment.
Need a bit more from Burke and Watmore, both seemed a bit of the pace when they came on vs Swansea.
Burke had a couple of chances to put a foot in and hesitated. However if he picks up the ball in front of their center backs I fancy him to 'put the willy's' up em. So to speak.

Reactions: SEL
whatmore is class and experienced. Mad to leave him warming a bench. I wd start him and have Flemming as back up
I might take Shacks ahead of Saville. There is no point grinding the same starting 11 into the ground right now. Our squad has never been stronger

Burke had a couple of chances to put a foot in and hesitated. However if he picks up the ball in front of their center backs I fancy him to 'put the willy's' up em. So to speak.
Amazing you get 3 tiddlers danny, honey and shack who will run through brick walls yet Burke likes to preserve himself. Bloody wierd that.

Members online