Team v Sky Blues

I'm not having Fat Dan even on the bench, mainly because he'd break it in two.
Cnt would be hell on the ball though- wife made me a pork pie for tomorrow's Guinness sponge, here's to hoping the fcker can't catch a whiff 7k away. I've a good feeling about the Cov match in that superstitious way- we're due.

Bart
Danny, Cresswell, Hutch
Leonard, Billy, Honeyman, Molly
Saville
Benik, Bennett
With the provision that Molly pulls his fucking finger out or spend a prolonged period on the bench, had enough of his fucking about.
COYL

This Is NAD’s take on the team

Białkowski; McNamara, Cresswell, Hutchinson, Cooper, Malone; Shackleton, Mitchell; Honeyman; Afobe, Bennett

So, no room for Topalloj or the new German striker then. Paris will be gutted!

Białkowski; McNamara, Cresswell, Hutchinson, Cooper, Malone; Shackleton, Mitchell; Honeyman; Afobe, Bennett

Hmm....does Wallace deserved to drop out, I did see last weeks Match, I always think we are a better team with him in, whether on the left or in the 3. Definately the 3 mid I have in mind. The only change from yours is Wallace for Cresswell, up until the last match he looked very classy, I think play him , dropping him now, and it could be a few matches for him to come back again, which wont make him better for us. Wallace in for Malone for me. Our bench with Leonard back and the new German , and Wallace/Malone looks much stronger all of a sudden

Forecast to be 37 degrees tomorrow. It's not as hot as that today and I just went for a walk and nearly fucking died. Good luck to the players tomorrow.

Afobe looked sharp and scored a hatful at the open training day on Monday. Admittedly there was no goalkeeper but just like me playing air guitar, he looked the part

Would be pleased to see Hutch back in the side. Think we are better defensively with his organisation although stats from 2nd half of last season may not bear that out. Murray’s injury may have spared GR making a difficult decision as I think he will start Malone at home. Would not liked to have seen Cresswell dropped. Not sure what message that would have given to a young player making his way in the game. I didn’t go to Sheffield so don’t have an idea of how he played although, clearly, the second goal, in particular, wasn’t his finest hour. However, thought he did well defensively against Stoke.

Wonder if Lenny might start in front of Danny. Thought he was also very good against Stoke.

Just cannot see how aforbi makes the team . Created nothing on Saturday ,nothing against stoke and our system of punting long balls 50 ft in the air is not his game , yes we are short of forwards but at the presnt way we play does not suit him , needs to play to.feet but have not got the players or skill to do it from the back ...need a strong target man for him & Bennett to feed off
I wonder if there is anyone you do like Phil! You've been on Afobe's case ever since he signed last season. I think I said on an earlier thread that you give the impression that you go wanting Benik to make a mistake so you can slag him off. Well, more fool you.

I wasn't at the Sheffield game so can't comment but the suggestion that he created nothing against Stoke is laughable. He put in a shift, ran the channels, picked up any number of balls played up to him, combined with Bradshaw, got in a few crosses which on another day would have found a player in the box. At the start of the 2nd half he picked up a ball down the right, cut inside, beat the defender and hammered a shot that only just flew over. maybe you were still in the bogs!!

Where I will agree with you is that he's not a natural target man when the ball is played in the air but, despite that, against Stoke, he won a number of headers and flick ons for Bradshaw to chase.

If Murray is out then our options narrow even further.

Bart
Cress Hutch Cooper
Danny Shack Mitch Sav Malone
Bennett Afobe

Subs: Whoever we have left, Mark's Nan, Zampa.
Sorry robbo , nans had her head turned. Her agent is touting her about because she can’t get a game in front of our firing blanks forwards.even more so now bratwurst bill has rocked up

the main problem that the club haven't rectified is that Mark's Nan's agent has been using twitter to speculate on her future. whether she'll make it to 85 or not. It's unsettled the dressing room.
She has said before departing the club she will pass on her shooting techniques and also her first touch methods. Then play a parting tune in the old Joanna. Let you know if anyone comes in for her. I said Blackpool would be ideal, plus we could do a straight swap for Bowler

What I am saying is that our current style of play of hoofing long high balls forward is not his game ,he likes the ball on the floor but we can t seem to play that way at the moment , Olafie against Cambridge did miss a couple of chances but he got into those positions to miss give him a go until.our backs/ midfield learn how to pass the ball forward on the floor , we cannot rely on corners ,set pieces to score.our goals , that happened at Sheffield and we did not get a sniff
I think it's the delivery that's the problem. Pin point accurate service from our midfield to the forwards, could make the difference. I have said that we don't currently have a clinical finisher, but I'm probably wrong if the forwards we have aren't given the chances to do the business.
Very early days with our European contingent still to make their mark. Once we have the full squad available, I'm hopeful that we'll see results.

I think it's the delivery that's the problem. Pin point accurate service from our midfield to the forwards, could make the difference. I have said that we don't currently have a clinical finisher, but I'm probably wrong if the forwards we have aren't given the chances to do the business.
Very early days with our European contingent still to make their mark. Once we have the full squad available, I'm hopeful that we'll see results.
That's right our midfield at present is very negative & seem content to pass sideways or back. Maybe flemming when fit can change this but the new fella will at least give the high hoofs a bit of a chance but rather see the ball on the floor & to feet...honeyman hopefully will make a difference today but certainly need him up at Swansea Tuesday to shut them down

That's right our midfield at present is very negative & seem content to pass sideways or back. Maybe flemming when fit can change this but the new fella will at least give the high hoofs a bit of a chance but rather see the ball on the floor & to feet...honeyman hopefully will make a difference today but certainly need him up at Swansea Tuesday to shut them down
creativity and audacity in one single player is all we need. there's little else wrong with the team.