Team v Sky Blues

silverlion

Staff member
After two consecutive defeats this is the game to bounce back. It will not be easy as they have a bit of an Indian sign over us and I have bad memories of a 4-0 thrashing at the Den a few years ago. I was outside the Five Bells after the game and a minibus full of their mob went by giving it large and it was not a nice feeling. However, times have moved on and they got a spanking in the Cobblers Cup last night so they will be looking to bounce back too.

I can confidently predict changes as you would bet your mortgage on a return for Honeyman. He was missed at Bramall Lane for his industry and pressing and he should make a start as a ten. Bart should wear the gloves after his penalty save last Saturday and the fact that he could do little about conceding two. MOM Danny should also start and GR should have a simple decision about replacing Cresswell with Hutch. It is a fact that young defenders do make mistakes but there are consequences about such errors and Cresswell’s is that he will start on the bench. Hutch should be partnered by Cooper and Murray with Molly slotting in on the left.

Midfield should almost pick itself. Billy is nailed on and so is Honeyman. Sav had a decent second half last week so does he get the nod over Shack It’s a tough call. Benik should start up front and Bennett is almost our only option to partner him. Olaofe could be an impact sub and so could Burey but I don’t think either of them will start.
My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray Molly
Billy Shack
Honeyman
Benik Bennett

Subs Long Leonard Cresswell Sav Evans Burey Olaofe

After two consecutive defeats this is the game to bounce back. It will not be easy as they have a bit of an Indian sign over us and I have bad memories of a 4-0 thrashing at the Den a few years ago. I was outside the Five Bells after the game and a minibus full of their mob went by giving it large and it was not a nice feeling. However, times have moved on and they got a spanking in the Cobblers Cup last night so they will be looking to bounce back too.

I can confidently predict changes as you would bet your mortgage on a return for Honeyman. He was missed at Bramall Lane for his industry and pressing and he should make a start as a ten. Bart should wear the gloves after his penalty save last Saturday and the fact that he could do little about conceding two. MOM Danny should also start and GR should have a simple decision about replacing Cresswell with Hutch. It is a fact that young defenders do make mistakes but there are consequences about such errors and Cresswell’s is that he will start on the bench. Hutch should be partnered by Cooper and Murray with Molly slotting in on the left.

Midfield should almost pick itself. Billy is nailed on and so is Honeyman. Sav had a decent second half last week so does he get the nod over Shack It’s a tough call. Benik should start up front and Bennett is almost our only option to partner him. Olaofe could be an impact sub and so could Burey but I don’t think either of them will start.
My thoughts are,

Bart
Billy Shack
Honeyman
Benik Bennett

Cooper may take second place to Cresswell 🤔 Coops has been a bit of a liability of late and Cresswell won’t make the same mistake twice. Ironically he’s also more of a threat at set pieces as he’s more aggressive. Coops just use his height.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Billy Shack
Honeyman
Benik Bennett

It was all looking good mate until you got to the Subs - no Besart Topalloj, no party.

:grinning:

My thoughts are,

Bart
Billy Shack
Honeyman
Benik Bennett

Just cannot see how aforbi makes the team . Created nothing on Saturday ,nothing against stoke and our system of punting long balls 50 ft in the air is not his game , yes we are short of forwards but at the presnt way we play does not suit him , needs to play to.feet but have not got the players or skill to do it from the back ...need a strong target man for him & Bennett to feed off

My thoughts are,

Bart
Billy Shack
Honeyman
Benik Bennett

Saville had one o f his best games at Sheffield and deserves to keep his place , Billy back pass needs to think about the his game ,so negative now and should start on the bench ,Leonard if fit instead of the ineffective marlone but negative GR will most properly pick the team you have listed.....let's not lose & hope to win selection

Cooper may take second place to Cresswell 🤔 Coops has been a bit of a liability of late and Cresswell won’t make the same mistake twice. Ironically he’s also more of a threat at set pieces as he’s more aggressive. Coops just use his height.
Exactly. Cooper makes mistakes most game often costing us goals. Would be harsh to drop Cresswell after one clanger. If Hutch comes back, I'd shift Murray and drop Molly or drop Cooper

My thoughts are,

Bart
Billy Shack
Honeyman
Benik Bennett

Why should benik start up front, just an observation.

another sell out away crowd.

the beautiful championship, i still savour every moment of being back here. no game feels "small" where almost every game in league one felt that way.
League 1 is so fucking shit. And it’s only getting worse, it’s like a graveyard. As the gaps between the leagues get bigger, clubs find it harder to get out of that shit division once they land in it.

Just cannot see how aforbi makes the team . Created nothing on Saturday
:rotfl:

What did our midfield create last Saturday? Our top scorer last season and got fuck all service up at Sheffield. You seem to have an issue with him for no particular reason :hmmm:

Seeing we have no other options apart from Olafie who should be out on loan, in my opinion. Who you going to play instead of him? Teddy Sheringham, Dave Mitchell?

Last edited:

Members online