Team v Reading

No ojo ,saville ,Marlone for me ,been playing pony and others deserve a shout,seems Danny had a falling out with Drawett so one of our best youngsters is left out for the likes of dogshit Evans & pearce

I think he will go 4 at the back tomorrow. It won’t be 442 but 4231. I think he will go

Bart
Leonard Hutch Ballard Wallace
Sav Kief
Jed bradshaw Ojo
Benik

I would have Danny for Leonard, Lennie for Kief and Bennett for Ojo but that’s far too attacking for GR. He will play 4 but with more defensive players picked

Saville has come back to us a very average CM, we have loads of them already, looking like Boro have had our knickers down!!!!

Hopefully he won't. Starting with Smith is the equivalent of playing with ten men. What has Ballard done to be dropped? Cooper has been way off the mark this season but you chose him over our most solid centre back.

:hmmm:
Yep, you got me there. I copied and pasted from a previous line up I made, and that included Cooper when he was playing better. I should have checked properly before I posted. You’re right, Ballard should be there before Cooper, but the reason I put Smith in is because his height does scare opposition defenders, and I feel a big man, little man combo works better than just 1 up front (which is usually Bradshaw).

On his own, Bradshaw cannot do much when balls are pumped long and high to him (we’ve seen that already), but with Smith there, he might get onto the end of some of those balls, and might be able to knock a few down for Bradshaw, who is quicker and more mobile than Smith in the box!

I know you’ll probably disagree with this as well, but as hard as he works during a game, Afobe doesn’t get into enough of the right positions to score the number of goals he should be getting as a centre forward!

Yep, you got me there. I copied and pasted from a previous line up I made, and that included Cooper when he was playing better. I should have checked properly before I posted. You’re right, Ballard should be there before Cooper, but the reason I put Smith in is because his height does scare opposition defenders, and I feel a big man, little man combo works better than just 1 up front (which is usually Bradshaw).

On his own, Bradshaw cannot do much when balls are pumped long and high to him (we’ve seen that already), but with Smith there, he might get onto the end of some of those balls, and might be able to knock a few down for Bradshaw, who is quicker and more mobile than Smith in the box!

I know you’ll probably disagree with this as well, but as hard as he works during a game, Afobe doesn’t get into enough of the right positions to score the number of goals he should be getting as a centre forward!
Play Bradshaw with Afobe, that way Afobe won't be stuck our near the corner flag fighting for the ball. Smith can hardly walk so unless we can drop balls directly onto his nut there's no point in starting with him, it just leaves us short of numbers. Whoever is picked i just hope we go for two up front!

Danny’s absence on Saturday was justified by GR on NAD. He said he wanted to incorporate another attacker on the bench and so he put Bennett there and left out Danny. He said it was nothing personal and he would be in contention for a game today. Good news. But….why, when you are one down with 8 to go do you not bring Bennett on? His response could be that he did put Smith and Benik on so maybe to put a third attacker on late in the game might be reckless.
Lets see if he starts Danny tonight. My guess is that he will.
A note of caution. Reading have a lot of players out through injury and their manager has tested positive for Covid so will not be on the line tonight. If I had my cynical hat on then I would say there is only one way this is going to go!