Team v Rams

silverlion

Staff member
They are a club in turmoil and I do think what happens tomorrow and the rest of the season then they are doomed. That will not stop them putting up a fight and you can be sure they will scrap for their lives tomorrow. They have not won in six games so if you are a cynic you could only see this one going one way. They gave us a lesson last season and they will hope to do it again tomorrow. On the other hand we have some confidence and momentum following Tuesday’s narrow win. The big question is whether we can pick up where we left off against the Royals or is a question of two steps forward and one back? Much of it depends whether we have got through Tuesday injury free.

One who will not have a knock is Bart. He had little to do and will be keen to extend his run of clean sheets. The big question is who will play in front of him in defence. With my cynical hat on I do wonder if Ballard’s slight injury forced GR’s hand about playing four at the back. According to Rich Cawley Ballard has a small issue with his knee and ankle but is desperate to play. Will GR take a chance and start him? He is a cautious man at the best of times so I would suggest that Ballard would not be a starter. If that is the case then the old adage of not changing a winning team comes to mind. The winning team was down to the second half display so that is the team he should consider.
Leonard at RWB did a good job and gives his all in both defence and midfield so I would start him alongside Mr Reliable Hutch with Cooper as his partner with Murray on the left.

If you play three in the middle then Saville and Mitchell would be the first two GR would think of. But who plays the third midfielder. Dutch could be good to bottle it up at the end but Molly will be keen to play against his old club. The biggest issue is who is available to play up front. Bennett was a game changer in midweek but has he got enough gas in the tank and no niggly injuries to go again? If he has then he should start and if he runs out of puff after 65 then take him off. Benik can’t be left out after his winner on Tuesday and Jed will be keen to go again tomorrow.

So, my thoughts are,

Bart
Leonard Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Saville Molly
Jed Benik Bennett

Subs Long Ballard Danny Dutch Ojo Smith Bradshaw

I hope to be in Arry’s bar at 2.30 to catch up with BP so keep an eye out for two good looking silver haired blokes deep in conversation about the Mighty Lions!

They are a club in turmoil and I do think what happens tomorrow and the rest of the season then they are doomed. That will not stop them putting up a fight and you can be sure they will scrap for their lives tomorrow. They have not won in six games so if you are a cynic you could only see this one going one way. They gave us a lesson last season and they will hope to do it again tomorrow. On the other hand we have some confidence and momentum following Tuesday’s narrow win. The big question is whether we can pick up where we left off against the Royals or is a question of two steps forward and one back? Much of it depends whether we have got through Tuesday injury free.

One who will not have a knock is Bart. He had little to do and will be keen to extend his run of clean sheets. The big question is who will play in front of him in defence. With my cynical hat on I do wonder if Ballard’s slight injury forced GR’s hand about playing four at the back. According to Rich Cawley Ballard has a small issue with his knee and ankle but is desperate to play. Will GR take a chance and start him? He is a cautious man at the best of times so I would suggest that Ballard would not be a starter. If that is the case then the old adage of not changing a winning team comes to mind. The winning team was down to the second half display so that is the team he should consider.
Leonard at RWB did a good job and gives his all in both defence and midfield so I would start him alongside Mr Reliable Hutch with Cooper as his partner with Murray on the left.

If you play three in the middle then Saville and Mitchell would be the first two GR would think of. But who plays the third midfielder. Dutch could be good to bottle it up at the end but Molly will be keen to play against his old club. The biggest issue is who is available to play up front. Bennett was a game changer in midweek but has he got enough gas in the tank and no niggly injuries to go again? If he has then he should start and if he runs out of puff after 65 then take him off. Benik can’t be left out after his winner on Tuesday and Jed will be keen to go again tomorrow.

So, my thoughts are,

Bart
Leonard Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Saville Molly
Jed Benik Bennett

Subs Long Ballard Danny Dutch Ojo Smith Bradshaw

I hope to be in Arry’s bar at 2.30 to catch up with BP so keep an eye out for two good looking silver haired blokes deep in conversation about the Mighty Lions!
So if we see two good looking silver haired blokes in Arrys bar, you two will be behind them in a corner.

Bart

Danny, Hutch, Ballard, Molly
Jed, Leonard, Mitchell, Bennett
Bradshaw Afobe

Subs, Long,Cooper, Smith, Mahoney, Ojo, MWallace, Dutch

Bennett probably wont last 90 so replace him with Mahoney (I know he wont be on the bench but thats what I would choose to do) Smith on for Afobe if needed.

Leonard - Would love to see him back in the middle to spear through them.

COYL

Tim Robinson has been appointed as the Match Referee for Derby County's Sky Bet Championship fixture at Millwall on Saturday (3pm kick-off).
Robinson has overseen 14 games so far this season in all competitions, showing 55 yellow cards and one red.

His last Rams match was the 1-1 draw at home to Nottingham Forest at the end of August.

Robinson will be assisted by Nigel Lugg and Rob Smith on the lines, whilst David Rock has been appointed as the fourth official.

NAD’s take on the team is

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-2-3: Bialkowski; Leonard, Ballard, Hutchinson, Cooper, Malone; Mitchell, Saville; J Wallace, Afobe, Ojo.

Bart
Danny, Ballard, Hutch, Wallace
Jed, Leonard, Billy, Molly
Afobe, Bradshaw
Keif and Bennett to come on and finish the job sometime in the second half.
Wont be easy, the granny fiddler will have torn them a new one after their worse than shit performance midweek.
Hoping to continue our good form with a 2-0 win, going into 2 weeks of sheer boredom.
COYL NOLU

Last edited:
Rowett will think they are bottom of the league so that is a huge banana skin for us. As long as we don’t lose that will do - just go out there and bore em to death. If we do go a goal or two down we can attack then.

Bart
Danny, Ballard, Hutch, Wallace
Jed, Leonard, Billy, Molly
Afobe, Bradshaw
Keif and Bennett to come on and finish the job sometime in the second half.
Wont be easy, the granny fiddler will have torn them a new one after their worse than shit performance midweek.
Hoping to continue our good form with a 2-0 win, going into 2 weeks of sheer boredom.
COYL NOLU
“Keif and Bennett to come on and finish the job sometime in the second half.” sounds good mate; just like Eddy does with his ‘finishers’ in rugby! 👍😉

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper M.Wallace
Jed Leonard Mitchell Ojo
Afobe Bradshaw

I left Malone out as I think his defending has been poor the past 2 games,

Ballard I left out as hutch plays best on the right side of a 2

Mahoney is not in my team as he is best at high crosses for Smith to get on the end of, but no smith as we need a bit of movement up top for this game

A strong bench with Malone, Bennett, Mahoney, Smith & Saville, on another day, they may all be in my starting 11