Team v Posh

silverlion

Staff member
Our penultimate cup final which is really a must win. That could all be irrelevant if Sheffield United take all three points at QPR tomorrow night. A draw there would just leave the door ajar for us but a win for the hoops would be ideal. As for Posh they could have thrown the towel in already and a win for us could be very run of the mill. On the other hand some could be chasing new contracts and they could play with freedom knowing that they could win and throw a spanner in our works. Whatever, we have got to be up for it big time….unlike last week at Brum….and be on the front foot from the first whistle. It is doubtful that Beevers will play at the Den. He has only made fourteen starts from them and they have a young promising centre back who is worth shed loads, according to a friend who is the CEO at Posh. We shall see.
There is no doubt that Bart will wear the gloves. He will want to finish his season on a high and try and keep another clean sheet. Danny will start at RWB but after that it is a bit of a guessing game. It would make every sense to play four at the back. There is little point in being defensive in a game we must win against opponents who have little to play for. Hence, with Ballard out the rest of the defence will be Hutch Cooper and Murray.
There will be changes in midfield as GR said on NAD that he left Billy out for one game so that he could recharge his batteries. He should start alongside Saville with either Dutch or Leonard making up the three in the middle. Upfront Benik and Bradshaw would be nailed on. Jed looks a real doubt as he hadn’t trained on Tuesday so do you give a start to Burke or Bennett. There is no doubt that Burke has pace but not much else whereas Bennett was a game changer on Saturday with aggression and threat. He deserves a start.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Leonard Saville
Bennett Benik Bradshaw

Subs Long Pearce Dutch Ojo Burey Burke Jed

Our penultimate cup final which is really a must win. That could all be irrelevant if Sheffield United take all three points at QPR tomorrow night. A draw there would just leave the door ajar for us but a win for the hoops would be ideal. As for Posh they could have thrown the towel in already and a win for us could be very run of the mill. On the other hand some could be chasing new contracts and they could play with freedom knowing that they could win and throw a spanner in our works. Whatever, we have got to be up for it big time….unlike last week at Brum….and be on the front foot from the first whistle. It is doubtful that Beevers will play at the Den. He has only made fourteen starts from them and they have a young promising centre back who is worth shed loads, according to a friend who is the CEO at Posh. We shall see.
There is no doubt that Bart will wear the gloves. He will want to finish his season on a high and try and keep another clean sheet. Danny will start at RWB but after that it is a bit of a guessing game. It would make every sense to play four at the back. There is little point in being defensive in a game we must win against opponents who have little to play for. Hence, with Ballard out the rest of the defence will be Hutch Cooper and Murray.
There will be changes in midfield as GR said on NAD that he left Billy out for one game so that he could recharge his batteries. He should start alongside Saville with either Dutch or Leonard making up the three in the middle. Upfront Benik and Bradshaw would be nailed on. Jed looks a real doubt as he hadn’t trained on Tuesday so do you give a start to Burke or Bennett. There is no doubt that Burke has pace but not much else whereas Bennett was a game changer on Saturday with aggression and threat. He deserves a start.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Leonard Saville
Bennett Benik Bradshaw

Subs Long Pearce Dutch Ojo Burey Burke Jed
I would bring Bennett on as sub early second half to replace Burke and also Ojo to replace a tiring Leonard.

4-3-3 go for it seen as Ballard and Molly are out ,can see Pearce getting a start in a bk five as mr cautious GR will want to stay in the game ,3 pts all that matters. C.O.Y.L.

If we need goals Bennet has to play, without him we do not threaten the oppo,s goal enough.
Without Bennett we have no bite. No robust hustling. No one prepared to take a shot on and make things happen. Left side of midfield especially.
Without Burke we have no pace in our transition from defence to attack, no one who can take a direct shot at goal whilst on the move.
Both should start without argument, along with Bradshaw.

We are up against a team who have conceded 84 goals! Let's have confidence in our abilities, play to score, and give a big crowd good reason to come back next season and back Millwall.
I don't suppose for one minute our Manager will listen to us though.

I like this one but I would put Berke in for Bradshaw. This would be the fastest team we’ve had on the pitch. Speed kills
Perhaps if we can't break them down he could come on. Bradshaw and Afobe do play well together with one creating space for the other. Never keen on playing one up front at home.

Just reading about team news and it looks quite likely that Jed Wallace will miss out so either Bennett or Burke to replace him would grant you your wish!

Did I hear right that QP Ha Ha have given Warburton the elbow before tonights game.
Great timing if true.🤔🤔

We don’t play 5 at the back why do people keep saying it. 3 centre halves maybe but then we employ 2 wing backs. Nearly everyone does it.

NAD’s take on the team.

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-2-1-2: Bialkowski; McNamara, Leonard, Hutchinson, Cooper, M Wallace; Mitchell, Saville; Burey; Afobe, Bradshaw.

5 at the back seems unlikely to me!

Mitchell and Saville in midfield is a must, wheres Bennet as surely Rowett is not playing Burey ahead of a fit Bennet, if QPR hold Sheff United tonight then Bennet has to play.