Team v Hull

silverlion

Staff member
A team we would be expected to beat but that was the same story a week ago when we played Huddersfield. We looked much better midweek so maybe we have shaken off those demons of beating good teams one week only to get beaten by poor teams the week after. They will certainly get a bounce from their new manager but he will hardly have had time to find out their names let along coach them seriously on the training ground. Some will say that this is a banana skin waiting to happen and others will say that this is an opportunity to beat a poor team who are fourth from bottom. I am a glass half full man so I subscribe to the latter.

One certainty is that there will be changes from midweek as Murray picked up his fifth yellow. We also have in our squad two former Hull players who will be busting a gut to get one over their old teammates. One of them is Long who will certainly wear the gloves. Danny played well midweek alongside Cresswell and Cooper who will all start. The first big question is who will be on the left. The choice is between Molly and Styles and I would be surprised if Molly did not get the nod.
Midfield looks settled with Billy and Sav putting in five star displays at St Andrews so I expect them to start. GR spoke highly of Honeyman’s performance so I would be surprised if he didn’t start. Flem is nailed on as a ten but I am looking for more from him than he has shown in the last couple of games. Bennett would be ideal to start on the left but I wonder if two games in four days could be difficult so I imagine he will drop to the bench and be replaced by Styles. Vogi should spearhead the attack.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Molly
Billy Sav
Honeyman Flem Styles
Vogi

Subs Bart Evans Shack Muller Burey Bradshaw Bennett

Some will say that this is a banana skin waiting to happen and others will say that this is an opportunity to beat a poor team who are fourth from bottom.
Poor at home but have won the last two away scoring 3 in one game and four in the other. No game is easy in this league, need to be at out best and should be at the Den.