Team v Hull

silverlion

Staff member
A tough game against a side who are unbeaten in their last three and are three places clear of the drop zone. They certainly have some confidence and we will have to be at our very best to get anything out of this one. Mind you, if we can keep up the momentum from Wednesday’s five star second half performance then we would be able to brush them aside. That is the big question! All of our efforts from the draw against Bournemouth will go up in a puff of smoke if we don’t get a result at the KCom.

I know our midweek game was only a draw but can we use the old adage of don’t change a winning team? Cooper was suspended for that game and Leonard was certain to play until he tweaked his ankle that morning. Do they both just walk back into the team or does GR give the squad that did him proud another go?

Bart had a good game and it would be a surprise if he gave Long a start against his old team. Likewise with Danny. Maybe it was a surprise to him that he got a start but he grabbed the opportunity with both hands and was an important reason why we played so well. I would start him. The same could be said for a Ballard and Hutch who both had excellent games. So did Murray so surely you can’t give Cooper a start and put out Scottish dynamo on the bench. The only question mark is Molly. His game was less convincing but does that mean that you drop him to the bench and stick with a back four or play a back five with him in it? GR is a cautious man so I would be surprised if Molly didn’t start.

Midfield almost picks itself with Saville and Billy the first names on the team sheet. If Bennett is fit then his aggressive play is a certainty. Goal scorer Benik can’t wait to get his boots on and add to his goal tally and Jed is nailed on.

Mahoney is crocked so won’t even make the bench and maybe Leonard needs more time to recover from his ankle problem. He could face a late test but Connor won’t even be on the coach.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Murray Molly
Billy Saville
Jed Benik Bennett

Subs Long CooperLeonard Dutch Ojo Smith Bradshaw

One thing is for sure, I have missed a lot of games for various reasons this season, but I am heading to 'ull tomorrow and if that prick don't pick both Danny & Billy I will be fuming.

Not what NAD thinks! This is their take on the team.

Millwall: 5-2-3: Bialkowsk; McNamara, Ballard, Hutchinson, Cooper, M Wallace; Mitchell, Saville; J Wallace, Afobe, Bennett.

Not what NAD thinks! This is their take on the team.

Millwall: 5-2-3: Bialkowsk; McNamara, Ballard, Hutchinson, Cooper, M Wallace; Mitchell, Saville; J Wallace, Afobe, Bennett.
Is Malone banned or something? Seems strange for them to drop him when he is probably a nailed on starter.

Going out on a limb here (and we all know how the team plays against lower table opposition), but I’m going for a 2 - 0 win to us, with Jed scoring one of them (as I think he’s definitely due one!).

Of course Rowett won’t play 442 away, but would really like him and the players to take the game to Hull, so I’d go with:

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Wallace
Jed Mitchell Leonard* Malone
Benik Bennett

* (if fit)

Subs: Long Cooper Saville Dutch Ojo Smith Bradshaw

A tough game against a side who are unbeaten in their last three and are three places clear of the drop zone. They certainly have some confidence and we will have to be at our very best to get anything out of this one. Mind you, if we can keep up the momentum from Wednesday’s five star second half performance then we would be able to brush them aside. That is the big question! All of our efforts from the draw against Bournemouth will go up in a puff of smoke if we don’t get a result at the KCom.

I know our midweek game was only a draw but can we use the old adage of don’t change a winning team? Cooper was suspended for that game and Leonard was certain to play until he tweaked his ankle that morning. Do they both just walk back into the team or does GR give the squad that did him proud another go?

Bart had a good game and it would be a surprise if he gave Long a start against his old team. Likewise with Danny. Maybe it was a surprise to him that he got a start but he grabbed the opportunity with both hands and was an important reason why we played so well. I would start him. The same could be said for a Ballard and Hutch who both had excellent games. So did Murray so surely you can’t give Cooper a start and put out Scottish dynamo on the bench. The only question mark is Molly. His game was less convincing but does that mean that you drop him to the bench and stick with a back four or play a back five with him in it? GR is a cautious man so I would be surprised if Molly didn’t start.

Midfield almost picks itself with Saville and Billy the first names on the team sheet. If Bennett is fit then his aggressive play is a certainty. Goal scorer Benik can’t wait to get his boots on and add to his goal tally and Jed is nailed on.

Mahoney is crocked so won’t even make the bench and maybe Leonard needs more time to recover from his ankle problem. He could face a late test but Connor won’t even be on the coach.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Billy Saville
Jed Benik Bennett

Again I ask how Seville name gets first knocking in midfield ,creates absolutely nothing on a regular basis ,is slow and passing success is awful.,really can't see what he brings to the team

Bart
Danny Hutch Ballard Murray
Jed Leonard Mitchell Molly/Bennett
Bradshaw Afobe

Thats the team Id like to see start.

We HAVE to capitalise on Wednesdays performance & keep up the momentum. If Rowett changes too much or reverts back to bollox then it undoes everything.

Fingers crossed. Either way, COYL

My thoughts are,

Bart
Billy Saville
Jed Benik Bennett

Leonard for Savs if fit.

Staff online

Members online