Team v Hudds

silverlion

Staff member
A tough game against a side that will be scrapping for everything. They have only won three games all season and have only managed a point in their last three games. By contrast, we have won four out of the last five including four on the bounce. The big question is whether we can keep our momentum moving forward or whether their luck is about to change. We need to pinch ourselves and remember this is Millwall we are talking about. Make no mistake that this is a tough test and one that we should be able to win but the truth is anything could happen.
I do predict changes as Sav has got over his bout of sickness last weekend and will be desperate to be back in the starting eleven. Bennett has had a week to recover from his ten minute cameo against WBA so he must come into GR’s thinking. However, there should be no doubt about who wears the gloves. Long has been an important member of our defence and also an important starter of attacks with his long kicks. Likewise, Danny has cemented his place in the side and I expect him to start. Cresswell had an error free 45 against WBA and should continue to deputise for Hutch. Murray is close to fitness but may only start on the bench. Cooper will skipper the side and Molly will slot in on the left.
Midfield is nailed on with Billy partnering Sav with Vogi on the right and Flem in the middle but who plays on the left is open to question. Styles has staked a claim with scoring to first last week and Burey scored the second so is keen to start. Bennett should be fit to start and he gets my vote. Bradshaw wants to score more after his hat trick against the Hornets so he should start.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Molly
Billy Sav
Vogi Flem Bennett
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Evans Shack Honeyman Styles Burey Benik

Yes that looks the best set up. The team should be full of confidence now they know how to get the ball in the back of the net. And now that we have awoken from that five at the back nightmare.

Now we have a run of success, the squad will know what is expected whoever starts. But yes Bradshaw and Burey would be my pick.

Good starting lineup and a good bench for backup.
Grab a couple of goals and then take off Bennett, need to keep him fit. Made a big difference.

Long
Billy Styles
Vogi Flem Bennett
Benik

Subs Bart Evans Shack Honeyman Sav Burey Bradshaw

Bradshaw has run his nuts off, a slight rest and maybe bring him back for Birmingham

A tough game against a side that will be scrapping for everything. They have only won three games all season and have only managed a point in their last three games. By contrast, we have won four out of the last five including four on the bounce. The big question is whether we can keep our momentum moving forward or whether their luck is about to change. We need to pinch ourselves and remember this is Millwall we are talking about. Make no mistake that this is a tough test and one that we should be able to win but the truth is anything could happen.
I do predict changes as Sav has got over his bout of sickness last weekend and will be desperate to be back in the starting eleven. Bennett has had a week to recover from his ten minute cameo against WBA so he must come into GR’s thinking. However, there should be no doubt about who wears the gloves. Long has been an important member of our defence and also an important starter of attacks with his long kicks. Likewise, Danny has cemented his place in the side and I expect him to start. Cresswell had an error free 45 against WBA and should continue to deputise for Hutch. Murray is close to fitness but may only start on the bench. Cooper will skipper the side and Molly will slot in on the left.
Midfield is nailed on with Billy partnering Sav with Vogi on the right and Flem in the middle but who plays on the left is open to question. Styles has staked a claim with scoring to first last week and Burey scored the second so is keen to start. Bennett should be fit to start and he gets my vote. Bradshaw wants to score more after his hat trick against the Hornets so he should start.

My thoughts are,

Long
Billy Sav
Vogi Flem Bennett
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Evans Shack Honeyman Styles Burey Benik
possible Bennett and Burey with Vogi missing out, what is good though is this 18 looks strong and well balanced, considering Leonard, Wallace and Hutchison out, we have a decent depth of squad.

Our attitude tomorrow simply has to remain as constant as it has since Rotherham. No switching off, no shirking responsibility.

Run the hard yards, work harder on and off the ball than Huddersfield and the rest will take care of itself, with the confidence and quality in the squad.

For me the difference since the formation switch has been the work rate, which has improved massively. Mitchell has been a monster in the middle.

If we put in the shift, we should come away with a draw at the very least.

Only one change Cresswell for Hutch. I don't think Rowett will change a winning side. Shack deserves to keep his place and Burey and Bennett are effective impact subs.

This is NAD’s take on the team.

Long; McNamara, Cresswell, Cooper, Malone; Mitchell, Saville; Voglsammer, Flemming, Bennett; Bradshaw

They have been reading my posts again!
Don't have a problem with this line up, although I think GR is managing Lennies fitness at the minute so we'll have to wait and see.
COYL continue our good form.

Remember we were top at Christmas in 96 and got relegated

Last season Forest were 3rd from bottom and won the play off
I do indeed....... but at the time we were top
We deserved to be there

When forest were bottom, they were there because they were shite.

It’s no good going into the game on Saturday thinking “oh no they are bottom “............
They need to be thinking “ let’s hammer them”

I do indeed....... but at the time we were top
We deserved to be there

When forest were bottom, they were there because they were shite.

It’s no good going into the game on Saturday thinking “oh no they are bottom “............
They need to be thinking “ let’s hammer them”
I'll take any kind of win to be honest. 🦁🦁🦁