Team v Cherries

silverlion

Staff member
They don’t get much bigger or more exciting than this. There are many possible outcomes but the one thing which you cannot ignore is that we have to win. What happens at other grounds is important but none of it will be significant if we don’t win. I am sure that GR has been giving every thought to team selection and tactics and every player will know what they have to do to make sure we are successful. Some may say that Bournemouth have nothing to play for, they have not trained for a couple of days, some of them may still be hung over but all of those possibilities are unknown and we just have to prepare to win regardless. Some may say that we should not play five at the back but I doubt whether that might happen. GR will want to play three CB’s and push his full backs high up the pitch to support the attack.

One certainty is that Bart will wear the gloves. This will be an opportunity to get another clean sheet and build on his excellent performance last week. Danny will be on the right and will hope to get forward at every opportunity to get the ball into their box. In Ballard’s absence Leonard did a decent job and I expect him to continue alongside Hutch and Cooper Murray playing on the left. Billy is nailed on as our work horse in the middle partnered by Saville who had an excellent game last week. The only real debate is whether you start with Jed or put him on the bench to come on later. The case for starting him is that we get straight onto the front foot and push them back from the first whistle. The case for benching him is that they could tire later in the game and his introduction could inject pace into our attack. Benik and Bradshaw should be our pair upfront.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Leonard Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Saville
Burke Bradshaw Benik

Subs Long Pearce Dutch Evans Bennett Jed Burey

It's a free hit against a team that may lack the competitive edge they've had all season. I'd go for it from the off and hope they haven't the fight for a comeback should we take the lead.

Usual defenders plus Bennett, Burey, Mitchel ,Saville Afobe, Bradshaw to start with. Jed, Burke and possibly Ojo to come on second half.

COYL

It's a free hit against a team that may lack the competitive edge they've had all season. I'd go for it from the off and hope they haven't the fight for a comeback should we take the lead.

Usual defenders plus Bennett, Burey, Mitchel ,Saville Afobe, Bradshaw to start with. Jed, Burke and possibly Ojo to come on second half.

COYL
Game of this importance, Jed should start in.place of burey, who presently is an impact sub. Which of the two would you want to take a free kick, 20 yards out, after 5 - 10 minutes?

Still think Mason and Tom together may cause untold damage, despite being near clones of each other.

It'll either go tits up or they'll run the opposite ragged..

Maybe Bournemouth is not the time to experiment, but would like to see it next season..

This is NAD's take on the team

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-2-1-2: Bialkowski; McNamara, Leonard, Hutchinson, Cooper, Wallace; Mitchell, Saville; J Wallace; Afobe, Bradshaw.