Team v Brum

silverlion

Staff member
A tough game following our abject performance against Huddersfield and the fact that they had a decent win against the R’s last Friday. They also had an extra day to recover. Brum have performed above expectations this season and they were many people’s favourites for the drop. Their new bloke Eustace replaced Lord Bowyer and maybe it is no surprise that they are doing better. The Lord B was never the best in the hot seat and I see he has not been ushered into a new club since he left them. They will fancy their chances, especially if they have watched the highlights of our encounter on Saturday.
For us it is a chance to bounce back and show that last week was not our finest day at the office. GR has options about how to approach this game. He could give them all a kick up the rear and tell them to get their act together. (He will probably do that anyway!) Then he could keep an unchanged lineup and tell them all to go and prove that they do have what it takes. The most likely scenario is that he will make two or three changes to give everybody a different mindset and freshen things up a bit.
I don’t think Long will be made a scapegoat for their goal so I think he will keep his place. The jury is out about Danny but I think he will survive and play tomorrow. The same could be said for Cresswell and Cooper but I think that Molly’s place could be in jeopardy. He has Styles as a ready made replacement and I think that GR will give him a start.

Midfield is an issue and although Billy is nailed on I am not sure whether Shack is his ideal partner. I think Sav will get a start. Vogi will start on the right with Flem in the middle and Bennett should start left with Bradshaw up front.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Styles
Billy Sav
Vogi Flem Bennett
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Evans Shack Honeyman Burey Benik

Long
Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Molly
Shackleton, Billy, Saville
Flemming
Vogl, Bradshaw / Lennie. 4312
Or
Long
Danny, Cresswell, Hutch, Molly
Billy, Saville, Styles.
Flemming, Vogl, Bradshaw /Lennie
With 007 wandering in a free role. 433

The German is wasted where he is being played, I would give him a go down the middle with Fleming, they are head and shoulders above the rest of them when it comes to a footballing brains. If Leonard is fit its a good sign but I doubt he will start.

A tough game following our abject performance against Huddersfield and the fact that they had a decent win against the R’s last Friday. They also had an extra day to recover. Brum have performed above expectations this season and they were many people’s favourites for the drop. Their new bloke Eustace replaced Lord Bowyer and maybe it is no surprise that they are doing better. The Lord B was never the best in the hot seat and I see he has not been ushered into a new club since he left them. They will fancy their chances, especially if they have watched the highlights of our encounter on Saturday.
For us it is a chance to bounce back and show that last week was not our finest day at the office. GR has options about how to approach this game. He could give them all a kick up the rear and tell them to get their act together. (He will probably do that anyway!) Then he could keep an unchanged lineup and tell them all to go and prove that they do have what it takes. The most likely scenario is that he will make two or three changes to give everybody a different mindset and freshen things up a bit.
I don’t think Long will be made a scapegoat for their goal so I think he will keep his place. The jury is out about Danny but I think he will survive and play tomorrow. The same could be said for Cresswell and Cooper but I think that Molly’s place could be in jeopardy. He has Styles as a ready made replacement and I think that GR will give him a start.

Midfield is an issue and although Billy is nailed on I am not sure whether Shack is his ideal partner. I think Sav will get a start. Vogi will start on the right with Flem in the middle and Bennett should start left with Bradshaw up front.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Styles
Billy Sav
Vogi Flem Bennett
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Evans Shack Honeyman Burey Benik
Afobe is injured

The German is wasted where he is being played, I would give him a go down the middle with Fleming, they are head and shoulders above the rest of them when it comes to a footballing brains. If Leonard is fit its a good sign but I doubt he will start.
I have also been thinking this. Seems to be wasted a bit at moment

Quite a lot worried by the continued presence of Cresswell, but we have no other options. The way Leeds fans spoke about him I thought we were getting Rio Ferdinand but he's turned out to be more like Rio by Duran Duran. He cannot defend and makes stupid challenges, which isn't great when you are a central defender.

We need to be a million miles better than Saturday.

I almost got the same as NAD. They have Molly keeping his place at LWB. They have also ruled out Benik and have Oloafe on the bench. All will be revealed at 6.45!

The team that GR has selected includes Murray who I would always have in my team--no Bradshaw--Will Bennett be up top? Or Voglsammer? Flemming? Leaves alot of dry powder on the bench--but happy to see Billy and George in the middle. Nice that we have a lot of good players to select from and there are many options to put out a strong team. I do think that Malone was responsible for much of the offense in the three games I recently got to watch. COYL

The team that GR has selected includes Murray who I would always have in my team--no Bradshaw--Will Bennett be up top? Or Voglsammer? Flemming? Leaves alot of dry powder on the bench--but happy to see Billy and George in the middle. Nice that we have a lot of good players to select from and there are many options to put out a strong team. I do think that Malone was responsible for much of the offense in the three games I recently got to watch. COYL
I hope I’m wrong but I worry where the goals are coming from tonight.

Attack, mate. Not offence. That’s what you get from the crowd.😀😀😀

In football the forwards/strikers are attackers and It's known as attacking or on the attack, there's no offence anywhere where It matters (although there Is a defence but It's never used as a verb In football as they defend, hence defenders).

Offence Is what the Millwall fans cause to people. Saying that us Milwall fans are also well known for attacking, striking and stepping forward so I'm glad to clear up the confusion between the on and off pitch differences.

In football the forwards/strikers are attackers and It's known as attacking or on the attack, there's no offence anywhere where It matters (although there Is a defence but It's never used as a verb In football as they defend, hence defenders).

Offence Is what the Millwall fans cause to people. Saying that us Milwall fans are also well known for attacking, striking and stepping forward so I'm glad to clear up the confusion between the on and off pitch differences.

See number 3.