Team v Brum

silverlion

Staff member
A game that we really should be winning and should expect three points by 5 pm on Saturday. However, this is Millwall we are talking about and anything could happen. I can confidently predict changes in the line up as, for the first time in living memory, GR admitted that maybe he got it wrong up at Hull. He went for a more attacking line up……that deserves repeating…..a more attacking line up…..but, despite putting on a spirited performance which deserved more we came away pointless. This will be a real test of whether we can bounce back,put on a winning performance and send everybody home happy.

One change that won’t happen is between the sticks. The big Pole looks certain to wear the gloves. Likewise Danny who did his very best last week so he deserves another start. The first big question is whether GR sticks to his formation of the last two weeks of four at the back or whether he reverts back to his more cautious approach and plays five. I think with the inclusion of Molly he can start with four at the back but revert to five if needed. Hence, I think that Ballard and Hutch are nailed on but the first debate is whether you bring Cooper back or start with Murray. It really depends how they have both trained this week. You could argue that in the two games that Murray has been in defence we have gained just one point so maybe it is time for a change. Molly should start wide left but whether that is a defender or further forward in midfield is anybody’s guess.

Centre midfield is always an issue. I can’t see him leaving Saville out but do you partner him with Billy or Evans. My choice would be Billy who improves with every game. Ojo did not impress up,at Hull so he should drop to the bench and be replaced by Bennett who adds some bite into the attack. Jed is nailed on right but do you start with Benik or Bradshaw up front. Tom’s goal last week probably gives him the edge.

My thoughts are

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Murray
Jed Billy Saville Molly
Bradshaw Bennett

Subs Long Cooper Dutch Evans Ojo Smith Benik

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Cooper Malone
Saville Evans
Jed Afobe Ojo

Not what I want, but what I think it will be.

It will never happen but if it were down to me I’ll go for 3,4,1,2 as follows:

Bart
Ballard (assuming he’s fit), Hutch, Murray
Danny, Leonard, Billy, Malone
Bennett
Bradshaw and Afobe

A game that we really should be winning and should expect three points by 5 pm on Saturday. However, this is Millwall we are talking about and anything could happen. I can confidently predict changes in the line up as, for the first time in living memory, GR admitted that maybe he got it wrong up at Hull. He went for a more attacking line up……that deserves repeating…..a more attacking line up…..but, despite putting on a spirited performance which deserved more we came away pointless. This will be a real test of whether we can bounce back,put on a winning performance and send everybody home happy.

One change that won’t happen is between the sticks. The big Pole looks certain to wear the gloves. Likewise Danny who did his very best last week so he deserves another start. The first big question is whether GR sticks to his formation of the last two weeks of four at the back or whether he reverts back to his more cautious approach and plays five. I think with the inclusion of Molly he can start with four at the back but revert to five if needed. Hence, I think that Ballard and Hutch are nailed on but the first debate is whether you bring Cooper back or start with Murray. It really depends how they have both trained this week. You could argue that in the two games that Murray has been in defence we have gained just one point so maybe it is time for a change. Molly should start wide left but whether that is a defender or further forward in midfield is anybody’s guess.

Centre midfield is always an issue. I can’t see him leaving Saville out but do you partner him with Billy or Evans. My choice would be Billy who improves with every game. Ojo did not impress up,at Hull so he should drop to the bench and be replaced by Bennett who adds some bite into the attack. Jed is nailed on right but do you start with Benik or Bradshaw up front. Tom’s goal last week probably gives him the edge.

My thoughts are

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Murray
Jed Billy Saville Molly
Bradshaw Bennett

Subs Long Cooper Dutch Evans Ojo Smith Benik
Why do you persist with Seville ....does nothing in midfield ,not 1 meaningful through ball or effort on goal in God knows how many matches, gets in on reputation not current form....and Jed needs to play on the wing as a winger , last match he must have played in every position except the goal and looked ordinary.....countless times Danny was looking for him only to find him behind him or on the complete opposite side, he unbalanced the team

In the highlights of the Hull game Saville played a peach of a ball inside the box to Danny which Danny struck well but the keeper saved it at the near post. Clearly GR does see something in the lad or he wouldn’t pick him. There are few alternatives at the moment. Leonard was having a scan on his ankle in the last couple of days so he is clearly crocked. The other option is Evans but is he a better choice then Saville? Or bring Ben back? The lad struggles to get a game with the 23’s and did not play for them on Tuesday. Other than that we are then looking at a midfielder from the 23’s. Maybe he gets a regular game as he is really the only choice?

Bart

Danny Hutch Ballard(if fit, if not, Cooper) Murray
Jed Mitchell Leonard Bennett
Afobe Bradshaw

Long, Smith, Pearce, Thompson, Dutch, Ojo, Malone.
It wont be this team but thats what I would want to see.

This is NAD's take in the team.

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-2-3: Bialkowski; McNamara, Ballard, Hutchinson, M Wallace, Malone; Mitchell, Saville; J Wallace, Afobe, Bradshaw.

No place for Cooper or Bennett?

This is NAD's take in the team.

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-2-3: Bialkowski; McNamara, Ballard, Hutchinson, M Wallace, Malone; Mitchell, Saville; J Wallace, Afobe, Bradshaw.

No place for Cooper or Bennett?
Cooper I agree with, but Bennett should be there instead of Saville.