Team v Boro

silverlion

Staff member
Back to proper football where three points are at stake, claiming the shirt is very important and the opposition are not car salesman who concede ten and don‘t even worry about it. Boro have always been a team we struggle to get much from and with a new man at the helm they will all be running faster to catch his eye. Wilder will have had nearly two weeks to make a mark but will that be long enough to have made a difference? We will be the first to find out! GR has had his team talk done for him after Wilder said that fans will turn up at the Riverside and expect them to beat us. Let’s hope for the opposite! We are generally always hard to beat so let’s hope we can make him eat his words.

With a two week break we should be refreshed and ready to go and have almost a full squad to choose from. Bart should wear the gloves and do his very best to keep another clean sheet. Danny will be very keen to get his boots on but I fear that GR sees more defensive qualities in Leonard who I expect to start. Ballard had no involvement in the international break and should be good to start alongside Hutch and Cooper. There are minor doubts about Murray so I expect Molly to be LWB.

It is a blow that Billy has a groin strain so won’t be able to continue in midfield for this game. Saville played well for N. Ireland against Italy so should be good to start. Evans is fit so should be his partner. Up front almost picks itself with Jed right, Ojo left and Benik in the middle.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Leonard Ballard Hutch Cooper Molly
Evans Saville
Jed Benik Ojo

Subs Long Pearce Danny Mahoney Dutch Smith Bradshaw

Bart

Danny Hutch Ballard MWallace
Jed Leonard Mitchell Molly
Bradshaw Afobe

Subs Long, Cooper, Bennett, Smith, Ojo, Dutch, Pearce

Hit the fuckers hard & early.
Use Bennett & Smith lateron in the game if needed.

Lionsmet line up looks ok to me. Dutch or the walking statue Evans in place of the injured Billy. Would prefer Saville if it was the older version, but there again he might feel he owes Boro one.
As long as it aint all over by halftime like last time. Be nice to put one over the professional northener Wilder.
COYL

We very often hear of injuries to the squad, to find that come match day all is well. More shenanigans I suspect with here again with Billy m.

This is NAD’s take on the team.

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-3-2: Bialkowski; Leonard, Ballard, Hutchinson, Cooper, Malone; Evans, Kieftenbeld, Saville; J Wallace, Bradshaw.

Full squad to choose from but no Benik up front and no Ojo either. No surprise about Danny. Clearly defend in depth and hit them on the counter with Bradshaw being a pest and Jed running at them. But…what do I know?

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-3-2: Bialkowski; Leonard, Ballard, Hutchinson, Cooper, Malone; Evans, Kieftenbeld, Saville; J Wallace, Bradshaw.

Full squad to choose from but no Benik up front and no Ojo either. No surprise about Danny. Clearly defend in depth and hit them on the counter with Bradshaw being a pest and Jed running at them. But…what do I know?
Would much rather have Danny for Lennie and Lennie for Evans.
Going for a point, shock, unless Molly has his shooting boots on.
COYL

Back to proper football where three points are at stake, claiming the shirt is very important and the opposition are not car salesman who concede ten and don‘t even worry about it. Boro have always been a team we struggle to get much from and with a new man at the helm they will all be running faster to catch his eye. Wilder will have had nearly two weeks to make a mark but will that be long enough to have made a difference? We will be the first to find out! GR has had his team talk done for him after Wilder said that fans will turn up at the Riverside and expect them to beat us. Let’s hope for the opposite! We are generally always hard to beat so let’s hope we can make him eat his words.

With a two week break we should be refreshed and ready to go and have almost a full squad to choose from. Bart should wear the gloves and do his very best to keep another clean sheet. Danny will be very keen to get his boots on but I fear that GR sees more defensive qualities in Leonard who I expect to start. Ballard had no involvement in the international break and should be good to start alongside Hutch and Cooper. There are minor doubts about Murray so I expect Molly to be LWB.

It is a blow that Billy has a groin strain so won’t be able to continue in midfield for this game. Saville played well for N. Ireland against Italy so should be good to start. Evans is fit so should be his partner. Up front almost picks itself with Jed right, Ojo left and Benik in the middle.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Leonard Ballard Hutch Cooper Molly
Evans Saville
Jed Benik Ojo

Subs Long Pearce Danny Mahoney Dutch Smith Bradshaw
it was looking good until Evans, saville & ojo popped up , Evans brings nothing to the table while Seville is not even half the player now, Ojo is not a scoring threat while Bennett unless injured again needs to play but knowing how GR thinks you are proberly spot on

If thats the squad then itll be an eye roll for me.

1 up front, Saville & no Danny:wagging:

But all we can do is hope Im proved wrong & we smack them 3-0. Then again, I could bag a right sort tonight who knocks on my door with a take away.

4-2-4 for me.

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Malone
Kief Lenny
Wallace Bennett
Bradshaw Afobe

no subs. We won’t need any.

5-2-3
Usual suspects at the back. Billy and Saville in the middle with Jed Benik and Bennett up front?