Team v Barnsley

silverlion

Staff member
A difficult trip to a ground that we generally don’t do well at. They are not looking the side that they were last season with Ishmael in charge and they don’t have Mowatt any more. However they will be smarting from their home defeat to Forest during the week so wil be looking to bounce back. We are full of confidence following an unbeaten September and a win on Wednesday but can we keep it all going tomorrow? It would be good to think that we could but it could be a defining moment of our season and if we could nick a win then there could be some good days ahead. If we set up not to lose and hope we could nick a goal on the break it could all go pear shaped.

One certainty is that the big Pole will wear the gloves. He had little to do on Wednesday so he will get the nod. Long is waiting in the wings if GR has any doubts. Danny was a breath of fresh air at RB. It is not as if either Leonard or Mitchell can’t play there but Danny offers a little more going forward and is very aggressive when defending. He looked cramped up at the end of Wednesday but I am sure he will be fit to play. The remainder of the defence picks itself. Ballard will continue his classy performances, Hutch looks a rock and Cooper will slot in on the left to allow Murray to move to LB. Molly looked crocked against Bristol City and will need time to recover.

Midfield is always an issue. Saville looks as if he is getting back to his best so his position is nailed on. There are options for his partner. Dutch looks good but my mate said he gave the ball away too much at the City Ground so maybe he is not the answer. Leonard is aggressive and decent but so is Mitchell. It’s a tough call.

Three up front or two plus one looks like the flavour of the day. Benik looked cream crackered at the end of Wednesday but he should have recovered with Jed and Ojo either side of him.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Ballard Hutch Cooper Murray
Saville Leonard
Jed Benik Ojo

Subs Long Pearce Mitchell Dutch Ben Smith Bradshaw

It was an oversight on my part to leave out Evans. Opinion is divided on him by my mates in block 29. I think he made a good start to his Millwall career but his performances can be very inconsistent at times. Others in my group think he is good and can do a job whereas others think he is third choice behind Leonard and Mitchell. I would play Leonard at Barnsley and put Evans on the bench but I don’t think that GR sees it that way. Who knows?

It was an oversight on my part to leave out Evans. Opinion is divided on him by my mates in block 29. I think he made a good start to his Millwall career but his performances can be very inconsistent at times. Others in my group think he is good and can do a job whereas others think he is third choice behind Leonard and Mitchell. I would play Leonard at Barnsley and put Evans on the bench but I don’t think that GR sees it that way. Who knows?
I thought he had one of his better games on Wednesday.

I thought he had one of his better games on Wednesday.
Ditto.

Had one or two Williams moments dwelling on the ball but was composed and hit some decent ‘positive’ passes.

Think he could develop a good understanding with Sheyi and Saville.

Unfortunately not blessed with pace (that’s why he’s playing for us 😉) nor the physicality to impose in midfield, but worth a run in CM.

We have a choice of the Dutchman,Evans,Mitchel or Leonard to partner Saville in midfield and any of them can produce the goods on the day so it is a difficult choice. Other than that I go with your team Silver. Playing together regularly Wallace,Afobe and Ojoe coulf form a lethal partnership

Fat Dan is the presenter of Lions TV, a YouTube channel that is exclusively dedicated to Millwall. He is an interesting character who swears a lot, wears his Millwall heart on his sleeve and always ends every video with C’mon you Lions.