Sunderland - what formation?

‘ArryBoy

Like many, I was happy when GR went toa back 4. But the Preston game changed in our favour when Malone came on at 50min and we went back 5. So what does GR do for sunderland?

A lot will depend on what team Sunderland put out esp on the attacking front , looked good going forward but rather weak at the back , so do we go for it or play for a draw and hope to Nick a win

Can't see a reason to change from what we've been doing. Although personal preference would be 2 up top. But just hoping the chaps are wide awake for the 12.30 ko.

For all the criticism Malone gets (or did get earlier this season) he adds something that others don’t
Agreed. He’s a left midfielder now days, his delivery in the final third is better than most of our team and will have a crack a goal.

Our away support is “piss poor” apparently 😉
We average just over a thousand supporters for away games, not bad considering our home gates and the fact the league is pretty much northern clubs. We took over 1,700 to Sheffield, 1,300 to Norwich. Unlike them we don't get to pay on the gate at away games, season ticket holders only in many cases which will stop bods from travelling.

seems like there's one or two sore losers up north, who still can't get over Tim Cahill putting them out of the Cup,and us into the final. I think we had a few supporters there that day. They need reminding,

Fuck me, that thread was started on the 26th of September. I wonder how many of those Mackem posters are still alive. It's grim up North and they don't live very long.