Sunderland away

STWall

Will we get 3k ticket allocation?
Stadium of Light

SUNDERLAND

Stadium of Light (capacity 49,000)
The Stadium of Light has been home to Sunderland since 1997, having spent the previous 99 years at Roker Park which lacked opportunity for expansion. The name of stadium is a link to the thousands of miners that emerged into the light every day after work. A Davy Lamp monument stands at the entrance to reflect this coal mining industry.
The stadium looks really impressive, is totally enclosed, and consists of a couple of three tiered stands, and a couple of two tiered stands. It was built with expansion in mind, and if the club added another tier to the East and South Stands, the capacity would rise to around 66,000.
Away fans visiting the Stadium of Light are located in the Upper Tier of the North Stand behind the goal, with a typical allocation of around 3,000.

Flew up to Newcastle, then on the metro to Sunderland a few years ago. Absolute doddle and back in the pub down here by 9
Not fancy coach 1 😆 for that trip. I flew as well and stayed at the hotel next to the ground. Good weekend.

i know times change but roker park was something and always a good day with all the trimmings that went with it.

looks good i may even go
I’ve been to both roker park and stadium of light. Both great grounds but for different reasons.

got a bit of a soft spot for Sunderland. I had a good mate who was a staunch supporter. Born up there, but moved down here when he was three, but carried on supporting his home town club. Season ticket holder and everything. Would go up for nearly every game. One of the nicest blokes I ever knew. Loved him I did. Died in a car accident about 18 years ago now.

always found their fans to be decent as well. I was made very welcome by them in their boozer and in their end when I went up there with my pal.

I’ve been to both roker park and stadium of light. Both great grounds but for different reasons.

got a bit of a soft spot for Sunderland. I had a good mate who was a staunch supporter. Born up there, but moved down here when he was three, but carried on supporting his home town club. Season ticket holder and everything. Would go up for nearly every game. One of the nicest blokes I ever knew. Loved him I did. Died in a car accident about 18 years ago now.

always found their fans to be decent as well. I was made very welcome by them in their boozer and in their end when I went up there with my pal.

I have too. A couple of friends of mine I've known for years are Makems.
Also, my brother-in-law is a Makem. Back in the early 90's, he and my sister bought a flat about ten minutes from The New Den.

He loved going down The Den (both of them). Had some great away days with him as well..!! In the early days, he used to shit himself though, he didn't like opening his mouth because of his strong accent. :grinning:

He used to travel back up there for Sunderland games quite often, as well as a decent amount of their away games. I think there were a few of them who moved down south for work and lived in S/E London. I seem to remember they quite often all travelled around together.

Back in Dick Turpin's day, that Roker Park was as nasty as The Den.
Fuck me, what an intimidating hole that was...
:ROFLMAO:

We were at that game six of us in there bit apart from the beginning warm up they didn’t give us any agg just a bit of banter on the way out a bit different but overall a result on and off the pitch 😉

i know times change but roker park was something and always a good day with all the trimmings that went with it.

looks good i may even go
I take it you mean the trimmings the woman had down their pants. Witnessed something funny in the ground which is a lasting away day memory that still makes me smile. Happy days.