(Some of) Our fans yesterday…..

Still at it, hanging in there with your theory :grinning:
Well, it is a fact that Burey didn’t score, so…
And if your man Vlog never scored from the pass that you pressume was a piece of piss it would still be the wrong decision?
I never said Voglsammer scoring would have been a piece of piss, but watching a keeper coming at Burey like a steam train, it would be natural that supporters watching this unfold, would expect to see Burey square it to Voglsammer, who they can also see has made the run to be up there with Burey, should the young lad see him, and make that pass to him!

Naturally, had Burey squared that ball before the keeper was almost on him, we (including myself), would have applauded the lad for being intelligent and canny with his decision to play Voglsammer in! Had the German slotted the ball home, we’d have all been waxing lyrical about some lovely forward play that would have undoubtedly won us the match! Had the German missed the goal, well then I would have been spitting feathers at him instead!
One more time- How easy is it or how does a right footer pass to a player on his left whilst moving at speed and with a keeper coming at you like a steam train ? I ask again cause you haven't answered which is strange cause you seem to know what players should be doing at all times ( when we haven't won )
I don’t know how easy or not it would have been for Burey to have made that pass under that situation. I’m not him. The lad has talent, but as a professional footballer, is it inconceivable to expect him to use his weaker foot to make an accurate pass to, or in the vicinity of Voglsammer? Possibly. We will only know if he’s put in a similar situation like that, in the future.
I believe he took the correct decision but what prevented him scoring was his last touch was a tad to heavy and to near the keeper. However, i'm still not saying that he would have scored cause it's not as simple as that or when sat at home.
Agree with you about his last touch. You said in another post on another thread that you thought “a striker would have instinctively put the ball over the oncoming keeper.” Maybe there wasn’t enough of a gap between Burey and the oncoming keeper to allow him to do that?
I actually think the player should be loaned out or sold. The knives are out for him now and unless he scores and/ or assists in each appearance he's on a hiding to nothing.
Isn’t that the same for the likes of Afobe or Bradshaw? The knives come out for them often, but the only way they silence their critics is by scoring goals. Burey is going to have to forget about the boo boys, keep his head down and try and improve with each game. A lot of his criticism is that he doesn’t track back and defend - that if he doesn’t have the ball, he isn’t interested. That’s not what Wall supporters want to see. They want to see a player giving effort. He doesn’t have to be the most skilful in the team, but if he gives 110%, then we know he’s playing his heart out and for us!

Its laughable, everyone was moaning we were too negative, we need to play four at the back, give Burey a chance. Rowett hasnt got a clue . Weve done all those things and still its hard to win games in this division. The reason is we dont have the best players, they do their best but are not the best. I agree have a moan when they dont put a shift in but when they do you just have to accept the facts.
The lad did not put in a shift. Seldom does and seems to be growing a chip. I did not boo or call him out but was more than pleased to see Mason on instead. He must shake his head at times

Naturally, had Burey squared that ball before the keeper was almost on him, we (including myself), would have applauded the lad for being intelligent and canny with his decision to play Voglsammer in!
But instead he's still being blamed, six fucking days later!

I don’t know how easy or not it would have been for Burey to have made that pass under that situation.
But but but he should have passed it, my fucking life.

Isn’t that the same for the likes of Afobe or Bradshaw? The knives come out for them often, but the only way they silence their critics is by scoring goals.
No it's not the same, Afobe was scoring last season yet still got stick, lazy, useless etc. As for silencing critics ( if that's what you call them ) i see them as angry frustrated blokes that think they know better than a pro although they'd probably fart. follow through and fall over if they swung a leg at a football.

Bradshaw does fuck all, yet it's Burey and Afobe in the firing line, strange one ain't it :hmmm:

Burey is going to have to forget about the boo boys,
Hahahaha, lets hope he doesn't read the forums as well eh! How about the boo boys and armchair athletic bods forget about him and a game that was played nearly a week ago. Why do you and others hang on to the bad bits?

A lot of his criticism is that he doesn’t track back and defend - that if he doesn’t have the ball, he isn’t interested. That’s not what Wall supporters want to see. They want to see a player giving effort. He doesn’t have to be the most skilful in the team, but if he gives 110%, then we know he’s playing his heart out and for us!
Until he doesn't do what you think he should have done. Then it's hang him time. I saw plenty of effort and energy from him on Saturday, perhaps being called allsorts of cunt and very personal abuse isn't for him. Perhaps it sucks the life out of him and his head drops, he won't be the first nor last player that can't or won't perform when being abused, jeered and booed.

Like i said, the best thing for him is to be loaned out or sold. It's not going to happen for him here. Make way for the next target, who you gonna get stuck into next? Rowett and Burey ticked off, how about Cresswell? he could do with some abuse and schooling i reckon.

Really? They won there last two away games scoring seven goals in the process. Perhaps that attitude is why players and the manager are being booed and cunted throughout the game, we have no right to be hammering anyone and certainly not in this league.
We have also only conceded 4 goals in 8 games ,an own goal a penalty a mis hit cross and a deflection,, in a competative league wd are doing pretty good

Anyone who thinks that Burey isn’t putting a shift in is misreading his body language. I think it’s nerves, I watched him during the first half on Saturday and he was constantly looking over at Rowett and Barrett for assurance where he should be, especially when we haven’t got the ball.

I think Burey struggles a bit with the tactical side of the game and where he should be when we are not in possession, it’s easy to sit high up in the stands or at home in front of a screen and see the gaps but down at pitch level in the cut and thrust of a high tempo championship match it’s a different game altogether. I believe that’s why he looks so much better coming off the bench when we’re chasing a goal and he doesn’t have to worry so much about things like tracking runners and knowing when to press and when not to.

One thing I do know is that he isn’t lazy or not trying. You simply don’t get to the level that he’s playing at by not grafting in every single training session and development match. If he had an ounce of attitude or laziness he would never have got above semi pro level.

I thought Tyler was poor Saturday and couldn’t really defend his performance and he deserved to be subbed,but to boo any of our players is just cuntery.
So many pricks getting down there nowadays,
Had one behind me in block 5 Saturday never stopped moaning for 90 minutes a few around me rightly got pissed off in the end and told him to shut the fuck up.
It’s hard enough to attract players to us as it is, but these pricks will make it impossible.
Yes. That's just the point. If a player we are in for has another choice of club he will go there. We put a ridiculous amount of pressure on our players. I have no issue with players making mistakes as long as they are trying, if they are then we should get behind them.

Anyone who thinks that Burey isn’t putting a shift in is misreading his body language. I think it’s nerves, I watched him during the first half on Saturday and he was constantly looking over at Rowett and Barrett for assurance where he should be, especially when we haven’t got the ball.

I think Burey struggles a bit with the tactical side of the game and where he should be when we are not in possession, it’s easy to sit high up in the stands or at home in front of a screen and see the gaps but down at pitch level in the cut and thrust of a high tempo championship match it’s a different game altogether. I believe that’s why he looks so much better coming off the bench when we’re chasing a goal and he doesn’t have to worry so much about things like tracking runners and knowing when to press and when not to.

One thing I do know is that he isn’t lazy or not trying. You simply don’t get to the level that he’s playing at by not grafting in every single training session and development match. If he had an ounce of attitude or laziness he would never have got above semi pro level.
Poor fuckers probably shitting himself every time he walks on the pitch. Instead of slaughtering him when he makes a mistake or gives the ball away with his first touch, how about encouraging him to go again, get behind him, sing his name? Confidence will grow and a player will come out, pretty sure of that……not the Millwall way though is it?

Some people in the CBL lower used to slate Sadlier, it was bad, they called him Shitty Rich which was bang out of order. Ultimately he showed how good he was when he partnered Claridge. Hopefully Tyler like Sads will have the last laugh and prove his quality consistently. Rowett must see in training what he can do, there’s no point slating our players especially the youngsters.

I remember many of our own players being slated week in week out. The stick sheringham in his youth used to get when I stood on the old cbl was unbelievable.
Quite often Ted was pulling off the defenders receiving the ball and playing a through ball into space down the channels and conceding possession.
Some of our punters would be straight on his back. Never did any of em think actually they would good passes we just didn’t have the players around him good enough to read the pass or Teddy was a move or two ahead of his team mates.
Seeing him play those same passes much later in his career with far better results always made me smile.
If Burey has the character to come through this he can be great player for us.
No I am not saying he will be in the same league as Teddy before I get jumped on.
But he certainly doesn’t need to get abused by our own , encouraging him would pay dividends.
“Your just a shit Tyler Burey “ sang to Jed would have made him feel ten feet tall.

Spot on, Don't put it down to lack of effort.

I think Tyler knows he's expected to take his man on every time he gets the ball and when he isnt able too theres an audible groan around the ground, the lad is only 21 still so i'd guess it knocks him a bit when things don't come off for him.

He'll come good in time, anyone giving him greif or booing him needs to get a grip, Thompson never got such abuse for being "on of our own" despite being a horendous footballer.