(Some of) Our fans yesterday…..

Ilderton Wanderer

…..booing Tyler Burey yesterday when he was subbed off. Have a word with yourselves for fucks sake, getting on the back of a young lad trying his best. Two weeks in our last home match ago he was the hero of the hour yet yesterday he’s got people giving him stick when in my opinion he didn’t do no worse than several other more senior players.

By all means make a bit of constructive criticism afterwards about how he might need to work on his defensive play or learn to pass the ball a bit earlier but booing the kid off? Disgraceful from some of the divs we get down there nowadays.

His trump card is pace but he never seems to learn and keeps making the same choices which leads to dispossession mostly, he is most dangerous coming on late against tired defenders.
He is still only 21 and could be a late developer but he does appear to be a slow learner in keep heading toward the corner flag, granted there is no one to attack the box when he gets the ball and an early cross is not an option for him.

At one point late in the game Burey had the ball and two defenders on him, instead of getting to the byline to get the ball into the box, he tried to cut in between the two and promptly lost the ball.
Perhaps he'll learn in time, but there is no shame in being an impact/super sub , didn't do David Fairclough any harm at Victimpool.

…..booing Tyler Burey yesterday when he was subbed off. Have a word with yourselves for fucks sake, getting on the back of a young lad trying his best. Two weeks in our last home match ago he was the hero of the hour yet yesterday he’s got people giving him stick when in my opinion he didn’t do no worse than several other more senior players.

By all means make a bit of constructive criticism afterwards about how he might need to work on his defensive play or learn to pass the ball a bit earlier but booing the kid off? Disgraceful from some of the divs we get down there nowadays.
I actually stood up and shouted who's booing him.
Do these "supporters" want to destroy his confidence.
If it was to him being substituted, I apologise.

Never booed any Millwall player but I can understand the crowd's frustration with Burey.

Unfortunately his general on pitch demeanour is the exact antithesis of what we expect from a player.

Never booed any Millwall player but I can understand the crowd's frustration with Burey.

Unfortunately his general on pitch demeanour is the exact antithesis of what we expect from a player.
Don't think they are just frustrated with him, just an easy target. Very frustrating performance yesterday, not helped by GR and his persistence with Bradshaw on his own up front, he needs help. Vlog or even Oloafe, got to try something as Afobe is out and Lennie can't last 90 minutes. Maybe see if a certain Chris Wood fancies a loan for some regular football, doing fuck all at Newcastle.
IMHO

Burey not the bravest player and didn't adhere himself at Birmingham when he gave Voglsammer a mouthful of abuse after Vog asked why he didn't square the ball to him. Burey's decision making not the best but he is young and learning his trade. But as for booing him I don't understand it.

Around me some certainly weren't booing because he was being subbed. They had been giving it large to the poor lad for all the second half calling for him to be replaced from around 50 minutes.
As said, ffs he is learning and trying his best, but with his talent you feel he should be taking defenders on more directly, even if only one in ten he gets past them.

Don't think they are just frustrated with him, just an easy target. Very frustrating performance yesterday, not helped by GR and his persistence with Bradshaw on his own up front, he needs help. Vlog or even Oloafe, got to try something as Afobe is out and Lennie can't last 90 minutes. Maybe see if a certain Chris Wood fancies a loan for some regular football, doing fuck all at Newcastle.
IMHO
Ignore me, he scored for them today.
What a pratt. 😎

Think it’s just frustration
Fkn hull in the bottom 3 and we should hammer them
Same Huddersfield typical millwall , smash Watford brizzle

Then fk up against the bottom clubs always

Burey not the bravest player and didn't adhere himself at Birmingham when he gave Voglsammer a mouthful of abuse after Vog asked why he didn't square the ball to him. Burey's decision making not the best but he is young and learning his trade. But as for booing him I don't understand it.
I wondered who dug Burey out. Unfortunately I can forgive him being on a learning curve but not for not being. ‘team player’.

Members online