So it begins in Qatar

I see all the virtue signalling means fuck all when threatened with a yellow card. Kane, Bale and some other European captains have bottled it and won't wear the rainbow armband!

Pathetic and laughable.

How long did it take them to realise that two yellow cards would probably get them a one game ban? They thought it would be just a financial penalty and some other stupid cunt would pay it.

#Thick_footballers_are_still_alive_and_kicking

If only Kane would come out wearing the armband, take his booking and then pass it to each and every other player to get booked, then as the game progresses some get a booking and sent off we end up with 7/8 players it all falls into the farce it is

The Rag 'eads seem to be upset already.

Telling Harry Harry he can't wear his Shirt Lifters' armband - how come the Waffen-SS got away with it in the 1930s?

I hope, in these enlightened times in which we live, they are making an example because of his stand on homosexuality and not because of the lad's speech impediment.

Anyway, England vs Iraq; surely we must be in with a chance?

Do the Camel Jockies wear boots or sandles? If It's the latter, why don't we just kick 'em to fuck!?

To respect our Qatari hosts, I've prepared sausage rolls, pork pie, scotch eggs and bacon sandwiches for half time refreshments.

Play up England, play up and play the game.

:thumbup:

'Anyway, I reckon that, despite the criticisms about the alleged treatment of the workers who have built their magnificent new stadiums,'

Your slipping If you think that article justifies watching the football even though you think the tournament Is wrong. It's just another shrill piece by another ponce who's spent their whole working life riding the sporting gravy train.

Everyone Is entitled to do what they want. And If people want to watch the world cup then fine. But as far as I'm concerned If any due attention Is paid then you have no right to have the hump with everything disgraceful about It.

Watching means that you are ligitmising the tournament. Celebrating England means you support their moral and ethical capitulation In the face of the first challenge that has faced them. No amount of double speak, hypocrisy waffle changes the fact.

I see all the virtue signalling means fuck all when threatened with a yellow card. Kane, Bale and some other European captains have bottled it and won't wear the rainbow armband!

Pathetic and laughable.
Just goes to show that when push comes to shove that the LBTQ (and whatever the other letters are) communities are not even worth a booking over. Backfired massively. Pathetic indeed.

I think the greatest ever England side was the 66 side. They won the world cup the 70 side didn't though they were a good side. Isn't it good, we are talking about football.
Don't forget the 66 team player played extra time in the final with no subs ,cannot remember the trainer on the pitch or anyone rolling about like they have been pole- axed , proper players not like these half wits today

And if you had asked any one of those players about it, they would have said wtf has it got to do with me?
I agree Paul, but our players are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. All I’ve ever tried to say about the debate over Qatar is that everyone is a hypocrite including the “boycott the World Cup” lot on here.
(unless you don’t give a f*** about anything ever of course :shrug:)