So come on, how many of you Naysayers have buckled yet?

My son has sent me a couple of clips but as soon as I go somewhere where a game's being shown, I leave. My problem is my old man who's 91 and not in great shape. His whole life has been devoted to football and he attended every World Cup from 1958 til he couldn't hack it any more. The carer puts games on for him and it's a bonding thing between us, so it's a hard choice. My principles v my old man. So far the principles are winning😎
Look after your dear old pop mate, principles can do a little swerve. 👍

My son has sent me a couple of clips but as soon as I go somewhere where a game's being shown, I leave. My problem is my old man who's 91 and not in great shape. His whole life has been devoted to football and he attended every World Cup from 1958 til he couldn't hack it any more. The carer puts games on for him and it's a bonding thing between us, so it's a hard choice. My principles v my old man. So far the principles are winning😎
Need to keep your father happy mate. He was here before your principles, even though he may have given you them.
Just saying. Apologies if offended.

I forgot to say I am being a bit of a hypocritical cunt as I haven't watched the bbc for about 4 years because of their inconsistent news reports and political bias so I'm breaking my own principles to watch the football, don't get me wrong I'll still never pay the TV licence fee. (because I'm millwall and a rebel)

Hand on heart, I haven’t seen one second of it!

I‘ve even stopped looking at a YouTuber I follow, because, as a Yank, he’s interested in following his side’s games against us and the sheepshaggers! 🐑

I don’t want to give FIFA, the FA, Beckham, Jug Ears on the BBC, TalkShit or Gonk and his squad of hypocrites a single second of my time!

I hope the ratings tank disastrously for the channels covering this WC, as they and every one else I’ve mentioned, come to realise their moral cost for selling out for their thirty pieces of silver!

All of them should hang their heads in shame!
agree entirely. Haven’t even seen the England goals and aren’t bothered. I don’t want us to do well because I don’t want that puppet arsegate becoming a national hero , he’s no Alf Ramsey

I’ve watched bits, England game on catch up and could fast forward the bbc virtue cobblers. Caught the odd highlights of games where fancied teams have lost and did watch the Belgian/Canadian game, (Canada is still one of our own, other than the French bits).

Enjoyed the football, unsure why anyone would want to travel there, miffed that it’s slap bang in our season and really couldn’t give a fuck about all the politics.

I read that Fashanu is being lauded as satan by the left for saying politics and campaigns like one love shouldn’t be part of football and I agree. Football is not, and never will be a vehicle for change- nor should it. It’s a fucking sport, even if it has been corrupted by money.