Should we.....

Overseaswall

Looks like relegation is out of the question this season so would you carry on as we are being hard to beat but not winning or as we are "safe" go for it with more attacking play and being more reckless?

You have only got to be successful once in 3 games to get the same points as 3 games being sat back and hoping to get a point. But thats all you will get, At least going for it you could double that to 6 or even 9 points. Plus if you play your own attacking style the other team cant play to their strengths. Always play the tactics that work best for you and never, never change to counter the oppositions favorite tactics. Make them change to counter yours.

Fuck me I should be a manager :cool:

You have only got to be successful once in 3 games to get the same points as 3 games being sat back and hoping to get a point. But thats all you will get, At least going for it you could double that to 6 or even 9 points. Plus if you play your own attacking style the other team cant play to their strengths. Always play the tactics that work best for you and never, never change to counter the oppositions favorite tactics. Make them change to counter yours.

I have been saying that for years.

We really got at them in the second half, even more so when we was after a second goal, if we start games that way, we will win more points then we lose.
I think one of the reasons we play better in the 2nd halves than the 1st is because teams have sussed out our 3 at the back are not comfortable on the ball and apply a high fast press from the beginning of games that leads to lots of balls being lumped forward but this takes a lot out opposing front players who can’t keep it up for the entire 90 minutes. As a result there’s less pressure on the back 3 and they have more time on the ball to pass and move forward. I think that contributed to the improved 2nd half performance last night.

I also think that without Cooper we didn't panic as much and played it out more confidently. They realised that and we were better.

Can you step in when GR goes? That would make me Happy 😃👍😉