Sheyi Ojo

Liverpool won’t be able to sell Sheyi Ojo because of his contract. The Reds will have to keep him on the books. Sheyi Ojo has a contract situation that works for no one. It’s one that almost certainly means Liverpool can’t sell him this summer.

Ojo has looked like a good player at times but never enough to secure a place at Liverpool. That’s led to plenty of loan deals. Ojo has been at six different clubs since 2014, not including Liverpool. He’s played in the Championship, Ligue 1, the French second division, and the Scottish Premiership.

But no one has ever tried to buy him for decent money. There’s always been enough to put clubs off, presumably Liverpool’s asking price. Because there’s little doubt that Ojo is good enough to play in the Championship. He’s proven that beyond doubt.

Liverpool would almost certainly want to sell Oji this summer as they have Harry Wilson, Marko Grujic, Taiwo Awoniyi and others. His contract, however, makes it near-impossible to find a buyer.

Ojo’s contract is up in 2022. That gives him one more year before he departs Liverpool for good. Thus it’s highly unlikely that any team will pay money for him. Not when he’s available in a year for nothing.

It means there’s almost certainly another loan deal on the cards, unfortunately. Liverpool will want his wages paid for by someone else if they can’t sell him, after all. In all likelihood, Ojo departs for nothing in 2022.

This may turn out to be the best bit of business done by wall in ages.
Harry Wilson? He’s at Fulham 🤔

Have just watched his arrival interview on the OS. He said all the things you would expect such as I am very excited to get going, contribute to the team effort, push us up the league blah blah blah. He is well versed in these matters as we are his seventh loan club. I have two questions which are puzzling me.
If he is that decent why is it that the previous loan clubs have not signed him up? Is he on a shed load, some of which is probably paid by the Scousers, is he unprepared to trim his wage demands to get a permanent club or is he Charlie Big Boots and by the end of the season are his previous clubs happy to see him go? Usually flair players like him can have an attitude problem. Who knows. The interview is interspersed with some training session stuff and guess who is also there running around in the background? Our Icelandic superstar Bod who has clearly not gone to play for his national side. That was a surprise….or not? I mentioned it to my mate who said that Bod couldn’t even get a job on the tills at Iceland!

He's only played at plastic clubs before. Now he's playing at a proper club it'll give him a chance to shine. There's no doubting he's in 'last chance saloon' territory for a decent football career. He can make it here, he'll make it anywhere. We've got a few boo-boys, but we'll all back him 100% if he gives us 100%.

Where he's going to play is more of a problem! Perhaps we should stick him up front. He looks a bit of a handful.

When he was at Rangers and the going got tough, he went hiding. Great player when the team is playing well.

He has a good shot, a bit of pace, some nice ball control however the opposition soon got wind of him as he always cut in from the wing. He seldom took a player on and got by anyone on the outside.

I hope he’s changed for the good as he isn’t a boy anymore and he does Millwall a turn.

Have just watched his arrival interview on the OS. He said all the things you would expect such as I am very excited to get going, contribute to the team effort, push us up the league blah blah blah. He is well versed in these matters as we are his seventh loan club. I have two questions which are puzzling me.
If he is that decent why is it that the previous loan clubs have not signed him up? Is he on a shed load, some of which is probably paid by the Scousers, is he unprepared to trim his wage demands to get a permanent club or is he Charlie Big Boots and by the end of the season are his previous clubs happy to see him go? Usually flair players like him can have an attitude problem. Who knows. The interview is interspersed with some training session stuff and guess who is also there running around in the background? Our Icelandic superstar Bod who has clearly not gone to play for his national side. That was a surprise….or not? I mentioned it to my mate who said that Bod couldn’t even get a job on the tills at Iceland!
asking price one site says 2.75 mill another says 5.2mill, seems why plus people saying good but inconsistent