Shame we didn't have play offs here..

Offside goal (Jimmy Hill proved it on tele) at St Andrews cost us 🤬

It was still in our hands though. 2-0 away to Burnley shortly after was the killer for me. I thought Burnley were a very tough team that season and I was surprised they didn't do better. We drew 1-1 at home earlier in the season with them with an 89th minute equaliser.

If you look at the Division Two table from back then and compare it to this seasons Championship table, look how many of the same teams are still in the same (equivalent) league. There are fourteen, and one making their way to where they are currently residing.

1.JPG

Last edited:
This team would have won them

Millwall
42​
19​
17​
6​
64​
46​
55​
Queens Park Rangers
42​
20​
14​
8​
57​
28​
54​
Season Results
Sunderland
42​
17​
16​
9​
67​
57​
50​
Blackpool
Thanks for this, the old place looks rammed. I don’t remember it without the high fences. Will show my Dad this tomorrow as he always talks about those players.👍🏻

I always remember that game, I couldn't make it. A bloke wouldn't change his early Saturday for my late Saturday and couldn't even give a reason. He then asked me to change duties a few weeks later. I told him to f*** off and he was really shocked😲

I did make the Orient v Birmingham game, couldn't believe Lazarus missed at least one chance.

I was 8 years old and still remember most of that season, old man took me to my first proper away game to Norwich a 2-2 draw.
Was desperate to go with him to brum away but he wasn’t having any of it.
This game was the first time I got on the pitch the last time was at Luton 🤣

Amazing of how many teams in that league are still at the same level this season. Only 1, Fulham, are in a higher league, with the others, including the trainspotters, lower down.

I was 8 years old and still remember most of that season, old man took me to my first proper away game to Norwich a 2-2 draw.
Was desperate to go with him to brum away but he wasn’t having any of it.
This game was the first time I got on the pitch the last time was at Luton 🤣

I think a few of us from MO were there that day. A great day out..!
Believe it or not, it was 50 years ago this year...

What a team that was, none of todays players would displace any of them. The only thing I would have changed was Keith Weller in for Gordon Bolland but I think we had sold him to Leicester when that game was played