Ryan Leonard

Leonard has been unlucky with injuries and being played out of his natural position, attacking midfielder where he used to create chances and score some crackers for Southend, Given a run in the team in midfield I can see him getting back to the form that we saw when we signed him.

Fast becoming a solid performer for wall and much improved player.
Got a lot of stick early on when we signed him.
For me should partner Mitchell in the middle of the park.
Saville not producing anything in comparison to those two.
Spot on, what other player could you put in defence, midfield or up front? Midfield with Mitchell and Kleftenbeld as a 3 is the way forward.

The reason why he got stick Is because he was pony when he joined. I know Millwall fans can have very short memories but don't forget this Is now his 4th season with us.

He showed glimpses last season but was unlucky with Injuries. Before that, for what ever reason, he was out of his depth.

G.R needs to now stick with him In the centre of the park and not In defens as juging by the rest of the cast off's we've signed, he's our best centre midfielder.

He was shit when he came to us but lately he has showed why he should be cemented in the team.

Doesnt stop running, gets stuck in & drills some lovely balls in.
He looks best when he is running at the defense through the middle of the park.

Fair play to him

He played at right back last night
To be honest. I could not work out what was going on formation wise first half.

He was at right wing back/right midfield at the start. I never know what the set up Is. Are they attacking defenders or defensive midfielders? Is It 5 at the back of 5 In the middle? The fact that the club doesn't give the formation out just the squad list In squad number order does make me question If they actually know what's going on an all.

It's so hard to find the actuall set-up online. Sky had nothing, they seem to have stopped doing It. The BBC had It at 3-4-3 with Savile left midfield and Leonard right. Some other mob had It 3-5-2 with Jed on the right and Leonard Inside of him.

Last edited:
4-3-3 1st half we had all been hoping for a change at home to be a bit more attacking it didn't work
3-5-2 2nd half and looked a lot better
shut down the space wide and gave us a bit more going forward

2nd best half of football this season ?

The reason why he got stick Is because he was pony when he joined.
The whole team was shit when he joined but he was singled out because of who signed him. He came from a club that played football to up and at them hit and hope, not surprising that he couldn't fit in. Murray Wallace was written off as well, as was Bart before a ball was kicked and all because of you know who.

The whole team was shit when he joined but he was singled out because of who signed him. He came from a club that played football to up and at them hit and hope, not surprising that he couldn't fit in. Murray Wallace was written off as well, as was Bart before a ball was kicked and all because of you know who.
The team and they style of play were shit when he joined but a couple of players still stood out and showed they were better than what the manager was offering up.

But he was pony when he joined and for a season or two after (did he get Injured not long after his debut?). I was one of the ones to critisices him but I never wanted him to fail. But when you're a clubs record signing, even for such a misley sum, people expect better. And he did not deliver. He was playing like he was out of his depth and would make enough mistakes that couldn't be excused away so readily.

That's the past though. What matters Is how he plays now. I won't have It that people were wrong to critisices him. But now I won't have It when he Is disparaged unfairly. This Is not because I have had a change of heart, It's because he's now shown to us that he's a Important member of the team and any blips he now has seem to be the exception Instead of the rule that they were before. If he starts playing Inconsistently for a prolonged period I will re-evaluate my opinion again based on what I see and have seen.

I don't care what others think or what they say, In life I always go by what I see and believe. I thought he was poor and now he seems 10 times the player. Was I wrong before? No I don't belive so. Am I happy to admit that he Is alot better than I thought he was? Of course I am. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I hope he continues to Improve. I always admire people who better themselves or overcome adversity (turn of phrase, professional football Is not adversity).

Let's hope he continues to prove himself and become a player we speak highly of In years to come.

Last edited: