Rowett back to Derby

Gary Rowett is a very, very good manager at this level. Can he take us further? Maybe, if he is given the players. He has done a fantastic job with us and deserves our respect.

Rooney has walked despite staying last season through an incredibly turbulent time and is obviously sick of the uncertainty surrounding the club. The club is a joke. It's run like a joke and that won't be solved overnight. Derby would kill to be in our shoes.

It might be closer to Rowett's home and that can't be underestimated, but he's building something here, bit by bit and season by season. I have criticised him on occasions, sometimes fairly, sometimes not. I would say he is quite comfortably in the top 5 managers in this division and we are fortunate to have him.

If you take the lockdown season out of the equation, he has done what he said he would do with regards to his 3 year game plan, gradually building a squad strong enough to challenge for the play offs.
We've all been frustrated at times by some of his decisions, tactics and team selections, yet only really embarrassed ourselves on a few rare occasions.
It's apparent that JB has faith in GR, putting his money where his mouth is, by giving him funds to spend.
I'm confident that we'll have a strong line up when the season starts, enough to give a good account of ourselves, and hopefully put us in the position to finish higher than we did last season. COYL.

Gary Rowett's biggest problem is his family lives in Derby and the pull to move back home must be great,how does he solve this problem?????? move them to Kent or Surrey, problem solved ,not Essex 😁

Gary Rowett's biggest problem is his family lives in Derby and the pull to move back home must be great,how does he solve this problem?????? move them to Kent or Surrey, problem solved ,not Essex 😁
Good idea, assuming they would be happy to move south in the first place! Just as it is for any southern family moving up north, if they can’t settle (for whatever reason), then I guess the same can be true of northern families going the opposite way!

He ain’t going anywhere, Derby cannot pay their bills so doubt he would work for free. Part of a football player/ managers life working and living away from family.