Rowett back to Derby

champs08

Now the granny shagger has disappeared, is it primed for GR to head back to the midlands where his heart is, along with a nice big pay rise?
Stranger things have happened.

This is his first season with a squad of his own, Wallace and Mahoney were both wingers and he doesn't play that way so there isn't anyone left he doesn't want.
It would take at least 3 years to get to the position we are now in if he went to Derby so I don't see it happening.
I think he will hang around a couple more seasons before trying to get the job with the Anoraks as their quest for European dominance is due to start soon.

The tippy tappy shit is only doing what players are capable of doing, other option was to give it to a pacy headless chicken and hope for the best. Saville, Flemming, Burey, Leonard can all play to feet, take players on and find a team mate with a pass or cross. We'll be less one dimensional so hopefully more attack minded and less reliant on one player and one plan.

I think you are whistling in the wind. The only plus point I can see is that he would be nearer his family home. I think you should try and look at it from his point of view. He has built a squad which is predominantly his own.He has a good relationship with JB and SK and it looks as if this season he has persuaded them that he should have more money to spend. The club is stable and works well with FFP rules. He has a good bunch of lads in his squad and has worked well to get us to where we were last season. We were within ten minutes of the last game of the season to get into the play offs. Football management is a tenuous business at the best of times. Why would you want to chuck in all you have got and all you have built to go to a club that is all over the place in league one. It just doesn’t make sense.
He would do well to look around him and see what he has got and put all his energy into having another successful season with us.

This tippy tappy shite you mention............... i just want to get promoted and don't really care how we do it. Would i be disappointed in a certain style of play ??? no. Would i be disappointed if we were often going up like Norwich ??? probably, but still not sure.
The long ball with Teddy and Cass was good enough for me.

Having players that are all blood and thunder, but not capable of getting us promoted ???? I just don't see it.

I want one season in the top flight before i go to meet the man upstairs, and i don't really care how we do it.

The fun starts when we get there.

This coming season could possibly see a change in tactics. GR has maybe been playing safe, as he knew we didn't have the right amount of venom in the squad he had.
I'm probably wrong, as usual, but I wouldn't be putting my pension on another season of tippy tappy sideways defending.
I think your right, can see a different style being played next season, will be 5 at the back but can see GR (hopefully) switching it up during the game especially now with the new 5 sub rule, remember him dragging Pearce off a couple of times when it wasn’t working so hopefully more of that.

I have been a critic of GR especially before Christmas last season

but his first full season was the covid lock down shenanigans

last season we had one of the best home records in the Division and were in with a very outside chance of the playoffs in the last game

GR is going to make his stamp on us this window and I expect a different type of football and tactics which will hopefully propels us into the top 6

I too would love to see PL football even if for one season and we were rarely out played last season

fingers crossed we get 3-4 more exciting signings like Flemming and a couple of tasty loan players as well

i am hopeful a couple more quality players come through the door this week and are pleasantly as exciting as the Bermondsey Bergkamp

COYL

This is his first season with a squad of his own.
Yes and No.

GR still uses 7 players signed by Neil Harris:
Shaun Hutchinson, Jake Cooper, Murray Wallace, George Saville, Ryan Leonard, Tom Bradshaw and Tyler Burey.

Gary Rowett has signed the following 6 players since he joined us:
Bart (Harris took him on loan only), George Evans, Mason Bennett, George Long, Scott Malone (resigned by Rowett), Zian Flemming.

Gary Rowett has brought through the following:
Danny McNamara, Billy Mitchell, Tyler Burey, Nana Boateng (played in Crystal Palace FA Cup game), Tyrese Briscoe (made bench for the Derby game)

That’s 11 players that GR has signed from other clubs, or brought through from the U23’s! Alex Mitchell, Isaac Olaofe and Hayden Muller haven’t (so far), been loaned out to other clubs, which means that these three players might be getting some pre season games, with a view to perhaps using them at some point in the 2022/2023 season!

Even though those additional three brings the total number of GR players to 14, he is still going to be heavily reliant on using 5 Harris signings, with only Leonard and Burey getting less game time!

Can’t see why GR would go back to Derby, a club a division below us, when he can stay with us and aim for Premiership promotion. Even if that doesn’t happen this season, there’s no way JB will get rid of GR, unless he himself wants to leave. In his managerial career so far, GR has never won a promotion, and he has the best chance of that happening if he stays as Millwall manager!