Romeo

The black power salute was effectively Romeo putting 2 fingers up to the fans. That really highlighted his loyalty to the club and fans didn’t it.?
In my opinion Romeo peaked and reached his level the previous season and never looked like improving further.
He was on the decline for months prior to this debacle. Then it happened, and seemed to spin him in to free fall. A sorry end to what could have been a lengthy and well regarded Millwall career.

🤣🤣🤣

Ooh, I’m not sure about that, Peckham!

I read in the West Sussex gazette only last week, of the incident involving that gang of Morris Dancers, who kidnapped a 10 year old group of Cub Scouts and their leader, simply because they had nicked their bells and sticks, and wouldn’t give them back!

Their demand to the authorities was quite simple: give us back our bells and sticks, or else Akela gets it!

When they want to be, those Morris Dancers can be a right menacing lot!
I thought it was the ICF who nicked the dancers bells...🤔

i want a break from teh world when i go to the football. that's the only reason the knee annoys me, it's politics and football instead of just football.

but i have some sympathy for the cause of BLM. i have enough black mates who, on my prompting, have explained to me how racism has affected them, how subtle it is, and how from childhood you learn to live it. just yesterday my black mate at work, who is senior to me, met antoher contractor. the contractor talked to me like i was the boss, totally ignoring teh fact that on the emails it was my mate who was runnign the project. i didn't notice. my mate on teh way back said, "notice i might as well have not been there at teh start until you explained that i was leading?". he gets asked if he is a security guard all the time. he earns 100k a year overseeing multi million pound projects. he gets stopped at least once a year for no reason by the OB. he gets followed around shops by security guards. he goes for jogs at 4am so he is not the "black man runngin from something" he has women cosntantly clutching their hand bags as he approaches. it's not just not calling someone a "black cunt", it's teh subjtle things.

but keep politics out of football please.

i want a break from teh world when i go to the football. that's the only reason the knee annoys me, it's politics and football instead of just football.

but i have some sympathy for the cause of BLM. i have enough black mates who, on my prompting, have explained to me how racism has affected them, how subtle it is, and how from childhood you learn to live it. just yesterday my black mate at work, who is senior to me, met antoher contractor. the contractor talked to me like i was the boss, totally ignoring teh fact that on the emails it was my mate who was runnign the project. i didn't notice. my mate on teh way back said, "notice i might as well have not been there at teh start until you explained that i was leading?". he gets asked if he is a security guard all the time. he earns 100k a year overseeing multi million pound projects. he gets stopped at least once a year for no reason by the OB. he gets followed around shops by security guards. he goes for jogs at 4am so he is not the "black man runngin from something" he has women cosntantly clutching their hand bags as he approaches. it's not just not calling someone a "black cunt", it's teh subjtle things.

Good and bad in all walks of life. But all that bollox has set the world back decades imho...

That's bloody awful mate. Hard to believe that kind of behaviour still goes on in this day and age.
I don't give a shit what colour or religion anyone is, as long as they're decent human beings, and act accordingly.

Terrible people see what they want and make judgement, being a white man I get the same because I have a shaved head tattoos and stocky I see how people look at me and make judgement I have had Porsche 911s but the look I get when I ho into a showroom is one of utter contempt and think your a time waister so,its not just a colour thing its a human thing, but I dont go on marches wanting change on bending in one knee for my plight

Terrible people see what they want and make judgement, being a white man I get the same because I have a shaved head tattoos and stocky I see how people look at me and make judgement I have had Porsche 911s but the look I get when I ho into a showroom is one of utter contempt and think your a time waister so,its not just a colour thing its a human thing, but I dont go on marches wanting change on bending in one knee for my plight
When you have many tattoos, as I have too, you kind of have to have really short hair. A ‘normal’ haircut just would not look right.
I like the looks I get for the tatts as it let’s me know immediately the people I would probably not get along with, so it saves a lot of time.
On the other hand I often get admiring looks, and often comments too. So it works both ways for me.
Each to their own.
I have just finished 20 hours on my back artwork and it’s still not finished. The looks I get at the swimming pool are remarkable.😎😎😎

When you have many tattoos, as I have too, you kind of have to have really short hair. A ‘normal’ haircut just would not look right.
I like the looks I get for the tatts as it let’s me know immediately the people I would probably not get along with, so it saves a lot of time.
On the other hand I often get admiring looks, and often comments too. So it works both ways for me.
Each to their own.
I have just finished 20 hours on my back artwork and it’s still not finished. The looks I get at the swimming pool are remarkable.😎😎😎
Hope the looks aren't because of this tattoo mate 😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-180434_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220507-180434_Chrome.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 12
Totally agree that people do judge books by their cover. I'm similar, being a big tall yahoo, shaved head and covered in tattoos. I know people do judge me, but are hopefully pleasantly surprised that I'm mostly polite, well mannered and can hold an intelligent conversation.
Maybe doesn't help that I'm plastered in devils, demons and Millwall tattoos.

BLM was a right load of bollocks. Black people I know generally agree or are a little ignorant. I agree with the above, having a South London accent and not having a degree hasn’t hindered me but I’ve had to prove myself (without much effort) all my life. More to the point, why the fuck is Romeo still being discussed on a Millwall forum? Done his bit and now fucked off. I hold more contempt with Jamie fucking Stuart for being a shit player.

Judgements, in my opinion are a way of life all around the world and I don’t believe it’s all about colour.
We get judged as Millwall supporters
Mods judge rockers
Catholics and Protestants
Rangers and Celtic
Young judge old
Northern Italy judges southern Italians
Northerners here and southerners
Africans and Nigerians
Pakistanis and Indians
And on and on.
If was walking home late at night and saw a bunch of hoodies in front of me I would make a judgment call on what to do.
If they were black and if they were white
It’s just life, and I think people just need to stop being so sensitive. And get on with living and loving.

Judgements, in my opinion are a way of life all around the world and I don’t believe it’s all about colour.
We get judged as Millwall supporters
Mods judge rockers
Catholics and Protestants
Rangers and Celtic
Young judge old
Northern Italy judges southern Italians
Northerners here and southerners
Africans and Nigerians
Pakistanis and Indians
And on and on.
If was walking home late at night and saw a bunch of hoodies in front of me I would make a judgment call on what to do.
If they were black and if they were white
It’s just life, and I think people just need to stop being so sensitive. And get on with living and loving.
Spot on

My first job out of university was on a graduate training scheme with one of the big supermarket chain. I was on the shop floor one afternoon when I bumped into a lad who I'd played football with on the university team, who happened to be black; I wandered around with him chewing the fat while he did his shopping and noticed that the store 'detective' was following us for no other reason I could see as he was the only black bloke in there (it was Winchester I suppose, not the most ethnically diverse part of the country). This was also 25 years ago as well; I'd like to think we've changed a bit since then!

Where I agree that there's an underlying suspicion of people who appear to be 'different' in some parts of society, I do disagree that we are on the whole an intolerant, racist country, which is what really got my back up abou the whole blm nonsense. It caused more division than there previously was an set race relations back year IMHO.