Romeo

Seeing as Rowett loves defenders I thought we could have played them both on the right with Jed just behind a striker.
With Romeo’s marxist support and black power salutes it was not to be. No room for racists at the Den so we had to get rid.

As I recall it , he was dropped to the bench after things got ugly ,Danny was recalled from St Johnson to cover the spot , he played well in two games and was dropped next game for the fist ,who sulked all game ,Danny came back in and it became obvious that the fist would now be Danny's back up and he would not be on pitch to do his fist at kick off ,he was then loaned out on the cheap just to get him out of our club in the Jan window.
Your memory is sharper than mine! However he won his place, I doubt you'd find anyone at the Den who's not happier to have Danny playing in that position instead of Romeo.

An unused sub again yesterday.

When he first got into the our team I thought he was a good prospect but he never improved.

Poor control and touch, lack of tactical awareness, inability to cross or deliver a decent pass and several other weaknesses.

Take away his pace and physique and you have a Conference quality player and that looks like where he may be destined to end up 🤷‍♂️

My only worry is that Pompey or another club don’t take him on loan again next season. That would mean The Fist coming back to us to sulk in the reserves or be on the bench! Then Danny gets injured, and Rowett puts Romeo on as sub!

When does The Fist’s contract with us end?

My only worry is that Pompey or another club don’t take him on loan again next season. That would mean The Fist coming back to us to sulk in the reserves or be on the bench! Then Danny gets injured, and Rowett puts Romeo on as sub!

Don't need bad eggs in our squad your right, sure he signed a new contract not to long ago.

According to TransferMarket online his contract with Portsmouth expires at the end of this season but he is contracted with us until June 2024. According to them his value on the transfer market is £1.8m.
I thought that he would develop into a much better player with us but the emergence of Danny and his drop in form led to his loan to Portsmouth. Now his form seems to have dropped off the edge and he can’t even get a regular game with Pompey. His departure from us to the south coast was a bit toxic and I can’t see him relishing a return to the Den. This has little to do with his views but has much more to do with his football ability. I also cannot see Danny Cowley keen to sign him up for next season as his wages would be more than they could afford. Whatever the situation he is destined to return to us after the summer. I am sure that GR will not welcome him back with open arms so a solution needs to be found. I can offer three options. The first is that another League one or even championship side sign him up on loan for next season. The second is that Harris signs him on loan from us for next season. The third is that we terminate his contract by mutual consent and either Harris or another manager signs him up.
One other factor is that we will have Dan Moss coming back to us from his loan spell with Orient in the summer. Maybe GR sees him as the back up for Danny.
I cannot see him pulling on our shirt again.

He can join Webster at Bromley. He’d get in their team.

I don't think he's a cunt but, I don't think he's any good to anyone above League One. I thought in the early days with us he might turn out to be a diamond....but it was the opposite, or at least he didn't seem to progress much. The BLM nonsense turned his head in the wrong direction.

Certainly not good enough for our squad these days. I can't see his value as £1.8m.

Is my memory completely fecked up or did Danny only start getting his game regularly once Romeo left? If so, that's a great result for us, sometimes it's hard for even a really good player like Danny to break into the first team even if the player keeping him out is mediocre.
Either way, he seems to have gone backwards at Pompey for whatever reason. However, he was never going to be a patch on Danny, I don't think he ever showed enough signs of having a good enough football brain.
I was saying to my mates yesterday what a great team spirit we seem to have developed since Romeo went. And we have the added plus of Danny Mac taking his place, someone who will run through walls for Millwall.
Win win. Good riddance to the rotten apple that is Romeo.

According to TransferMarket online his contract with Portsmouth expires at the end of this season but he is contracted with us until June 2024. According to them his value on the transfer market is £1.8m.
I thought that he would develop into a much better player with us but the emergence of Danny and his drop in form led to his loan to Portsmouth. Now his form seems to have dropped off the edge and he can’t even get a regular game with Pompey. His departure from us to the south coast was a bit toxic and I can’t see him relishing a return to the Den. This has little to do with his views but has much more to do with his football ability. I also cannot see Danny Cowley keen to sign him up for next season as his wages would be more than they could afford. Whatever the situation he is destined to return to us after the summer. I am sure that GR will not welcome him back with open arms so a solution needs to be found. I can offer three options. The first is that another League one or even championship side sign him up on loan for next season. The second is that Harris signs him on loan from us for next season. The third is that we terminate his contract by mutual consent and either Harris or another manager signs him up.
One other factor is that we will have Dan Moss coming back to us from his loan spell with Orient in the summer. Maybe GR sees him as the back up for Danny.
I cannot see him pulling on our shirt again.
Must be 1.8m Zimbabwe dollers, even that's to much

Talk on London News Online is that he could be signed by Morison at Cardiff.

A little bit surprised that he can’t get a game at Pompey in L1 but he could fit in at Cardiff? One certainty is that he looks unlikely to come back to us as Danny has the shirt and Dan Moss could be the back up.

Was still a massive player for us at one point. I understand he isn't liked for the comments he made, but they were comments/points that Romeo felt quite passionate about. Something I will never fully understand and nor will the majority of us as were not in the same "bracket".

Imagine being slated for defending something you strongly believe in, as well as something that has perhaps affected you/him their whole life...? Can we really be that pissed off with someone feeling like that? If I had a negative reaction by people who I assumed would support me, I'd tell them to fuck off to.

I can only wish him luck and would love for him to have a second chance as a cover RB, as we all deserve a 2nd chance. We are never blessed with options/cover and Romeo is very decent cover for DanMac.

For a team like ours, with not the biggest budget, finding a like for like replacement for Romeo is going to cost upwards of at least GBP800k-1m, is it really worth spending that much on a player we already have, just on bad terms with? Sort out the issue and let him work for his place again.

Was still a massive player for us at one point. I understand he isn't liked for the comments he made, but they were comments/points that Romeo felt quite passionate about. Something I will never fully understand and nor will the majority of us as were not in the same "bracket".

Imagine being slated for defending something you strongly believe in, as well as something that has perhaps affected you/him their whole life...? Can we really be that pissed off with someone feeling like that? If I had a negative reaction by people who I assumed would support me, I'd tell them to fuck off to.

I can only wish him luck and would love for him to have a second chance as a cover RB, as we all deserve a 2nd chance. We are never blessed with options/cover and Romeo is very decent cover for DanMac.

For a team like ours, with not the biggest budget, finding a like for like replacement for Romeo is going to cost upwards of at least GBP800k-1m, is it really worth spending that much on a player we already have, just on bad terms with? Sort out the issue and let him work for his place again.
He will never change his attitude was terrible, and he wouldn't drop the blm thing so best he jogged on.!!!