Right or wrong?

manly day trippers think that,s why people get pissed off
no one cares if a few kids get on the pitch to pat their heroes on the back
but it was never that and hasn't been for a good long time
what you get is some cunt who goes one game a season runs up the other end like this can do something just makes the real fans look like cunts

I think the thing that really pisses me off is why do the club spend so much money on two bob stewards who do absolutely nothing?
May as well save ourselves several thousand pounds and leave us to it.
If you're gonna employ people to enforce something in large numbers surely you want them to actually do the job?
Not that I'm advocating stewards pushing people around, obviously, but you get my point... It seems like a massive waste of money.
All fair points mate but would you do there job for minimum wage at the same time risk getting a clump for your trouble? The club have to have them, it's much cheaper than paying for extra OB.

I don’t like the pitch invasions myself although I understand the kids doing it

like others have said it’s when the dickheads go to the away section and although I like giving the players a round of applause for the season I just left the ground when that happened

it is what it is and as always no one got hurt so I just put myself in the grumpy old man bucket

Yesterday wasn't a real pitch invasion:
Anyone here on that pitch invasion after the game against Plymouth in 1967?
Fuck me, that ref could 'alf run. Myself and a few hundred other ten year olds only wanted his autograph... Or, our last game of the 1972 season, when we 'won' promotion to the Old Division One and celebrated on the pitch ?
Proper old school Den pitch invasions...:whist:

:LOL:

manly day trippers think that,s why people get pissed off
no one cares if a few kids get on the pitch to pat their heroes on the back
but it was never that and hasn't been for a good long time
what you get is some cunt who goes one game a season runs up the other end like this can do something just makes the real fans look like cunts
'manly day trippers'. Reckon you're being too kind New Cross😁

tbh younguns have always gone on the pitch and even myself at the old den as last home game. what made me laugh was my old mate moaning about it and then i had to remined him he was one of the frist at luton in the 80s

How I see it is that he was doing EXACTLY what the others were doing by being on the pitch when they're not supposed to be, but he tried to justify himself by trying to usher others off of the pitch... who made him king of the castle? He should tuck his head well in and get himself off of the pitch rather than thumping his chest 'bigging' himself up as if he'd just done a good thing.... he should have been arrested for assault for pushing some of the others... funny how he didn't 'tackle' anyone his own size... mm big man!

All fair points mate but would you do there job for minimum wage at the same time risk getting a clump for your trouble? The club have to have them, it's much cheaper than paying for extra OB.
Yes, agree. But what I'm saying is that anyone in any capacity is employed to achieve something.
The stewards that the club employ achieve absolutely nothing. Surely the point of turning out so many yesterday was to prevent a pitch invasion, yet none of them showed the slightest inclination of doing that.
I don't blame them for it, and personally I dislike any idiot in a hi Viz who thinks they can push people around, by int what I'm saying is is that they are supposed to be providing a service which they completely fail to provide.
Makes me wonder why we pay them.

tbh younguns have always gone on the pitch and even myself at the old den as last home game. what made me laugh was my old mate moaning about it and then i had to remined him he was one of the frist at luton in the 80s
Reformed whore syndrome. Find myself slipping into it more the older a cunt I get.

How I see it is that he was doing EXACTLY what the others were doing by being on the pitch when they're not supposed to be, but he tried to justify himself by trying to usher others off of the pitch... who made him king of the castle? He should tuck his head well in and get himself off of the pitch rather than thumping his chest 'bigging' himself up as if he'd just done a good thing.... he should have been arrested for assault for pushing some of the others... funny how he didn't 'tackle' anyone his own size... mm big man!
In fact when the fella in West Lower confronted him he melted.

Yesterday wasn't a real pitch invasion:
Anyone here on that pitch invasion after the game against Plymouth in 1967?
Fuck me, that ref could 'alf run. Myself and a few hundred other ten year olds only wanted his autograph... Or, our last game of the 1972 season, when we 'won' promotion to the Old Division One and celebrated on the pitch ?
Proper old school Den pitch invasions...:whist:

:LOL:
Last ever game at the Den. I can still see more and more people sitting on top of the fences as the game went on and the players moving closer to the tunnel waiting for the final whistle and trying to make its safety before the hordes descended!

I left right on the final whistle. Had a family do going on at home and knew the day trippers would be on the pitch for ages.