Right or wrong?

Why was the bloke with grey hair having a pop at him? I thought he had done more on his own to clear the pitch than all the stewards put together.

I'm with Guernsey😁 He looks old skool and seems to come from a bit of the ground where a lot of our firm sit so it's a bit confusing. Maybe I'm missing something.

I see both sides of it...

I'm not against everyone piling on the pitch at the end, but if you wanna do that then run on and then after you've done it go back because a lot of people who go week in and week out want to see the players come out and applaud them. It all goes sour when they stay on the pitch and make it all about them.

The second thing is that there were a lot of people there yesterday who I haven't seen all season. Some right divs and all the ones I saw in the cbl ended up on the pitch at the end. There were a few in our bit who were getting in rows with regulars during the game. Then when they occupied the pitch for 15 minutes at the end people got the serious hump.

The bloke shoving people off is known to one of my lot, apparently he's a bit of a loon, although I don't know him myself.

Like I say, I'm not opposed to running on the pitch in principle, and certainly not if we'd won something or made the play offs, and I completely understand young kids wanting to get on there.

But I also understand regulars getting the hump when they see daytrippers milking it, staying out there for 15 minutes and filming themselves, when the regulars just want to see the team come out.

I see both sides of it...

I'm not against everyone piling on the pitch at the end, but if you wanna do that then run on and then after you've done it go back because a lot of people who go week in and week out want to see the players come out and applaud them. It all goes sour when they stay on the pitch and make it all about them.

The second thing is that there were a lot of people there yesterday who I haven't seen all season. Some right divs and all the ones I saw in the cbl ended up on the pitch at the end. There were a few in our bit who were getting in rows with regulars during the game. Then when they occupied the pitch for 15 minutes at the end people got the serious hump.

The bloke shoving people off is known to one of my lot, apparently he's a bit of a loon, although I don't know him myself.

Like I say, I'm not opposed to running on the pitch in principle, and certainly not if we'd won something or made the play offs, and I completely understand young kids wanting to get on there.

But I also understand regulars getting the hump when they see daytrippers milking it, staying out there for 15 minutes and filming themselves, when the regulars just want to see the team come out.
Good post mate.

The guy who cleared the pitch was in the family enclosure, I spoke to him briefly afterwards & to be honest he was fairly incoherent (pissed I think) I don’t mind the kids invading the pitch at all & I’m glad the stewards didn’t really get involved, but three things really piss me off:
The stadium announcer with the same bolloxs message every season.
Grown men taking their shirts off.
“Fronting up” to a few harmless Peterborough fans

I don’t know why people get so bothered by an end of season pitch invasion, the silly cunt on the tannoy sounded like he was having a Alan Partridge style breakdown over it and some divvy fans booing too? What’s that all about?

It self polices itself anyway, everyone knows the apple and how it plays out. A bunch of (mostly) kids run on at the end and fuck about for 10 or 15 minutes then they get off, you always get a few drunk wallys that hang on but they soon get the message that times up and within a few minutes the players are back out. No need to get so sanctimonious about it every year.

I think the thing that really pisses me off is why do the club spend so much money on two bob stewards who do absolutely nothing?
May as well save ourselves several thousand pounds and leave us to it.
If you're gonna employ people to enforce something in large numbers surely you want them to actually do the job?
Not that I'm advocating stewards pushing people around, obviously, but you get my point... It seems like a massive waste of money.

The guy who cleared the pitch was in the family enclosure, I spoke to him briefly afterwards & to be honest he was fairly incoherent (pissed I think) I don’t mind the kids invading the pitch at all & I’m glad the stewards didn’t really get involved, but three things really piss me off:
The stadium announcer with the same bolloxs message every season.
Grown men taking their shirts off.
“Fronting up” to a few harmless Peterborough fans

By the time I'd got down the stairs to pitch-level, everyone had returned to their seats!

But, I did get a selfie of my swinging from the North Stand crossbar.

Not at anytime during the afternoon did I remove my shirt!

COYL!

I think the thing that really pisses me off is why do the club spend so much money on two bob stewards who do absolutely nothing?
May as well save ourselves several thousand pounds and leave us to it.
If you're gonna employ people to enforce something in large numbers surely you want them to actually do the job?
Not that I'm advocating stewards pushing people around, obviously, but you get my point... It seems like a massive waste of money.
They’re cheaper than the police

Totally agree that the kids giving a bit of fun at end of season not a problem but it's those muggy 20/30s that are a total embarrassment...most of which are not regulars in any case. To give posh fans some verbal was last straw, and the exact reason why the club lose out every game by not utilising the North Stand seats for home support